Menu

Suggestions for an all inclusive family resort in the Caribbean ?

dancer67

My husband and I have traveled to both Jamaica and the Dominican. But both resorts were more geared for adult romantic vacations .

We are looking for a an all inclusive family resort that caters to both adults and older teens(17 yo).

It must , must , have a gorgeous beach with blue water and gorgeous sand . If it does not have a beach like this , we will not consider it .

Also trying to avoid chain resorts such as Sandals or Breezes.

Open to all islands in the Caribbean and will even consider the FL Keyes .

But stressing that the beach must be gorgeous . That is number one priority .

Thanks so much

Eight comments in and I get to make the first suggestion? Well, it's not based on experience but some friends stayed at this place in Puerto Rico and really liked it a lot. (ETA: It is a chain, but just wanted to make a rec since none had come forth yet.)

• Like 1

Looking into the suggestions so far.

I did see a resort I liked in Jamaica. Jewel Runaway Bay. Still a chain somewhat, but not like Sandals.

My DH and I loved Jamaica when we visited. But it would be nice to visit another island, so going to look into PR and Bahamas.

We've stayed at two resorts in Punta Cana with kids and liked them both: Catalonia Bavaro and Iberostar Dominicana. Food was definitely better at the Iberostar but we liked the room setup and beach better at the Catalonia. We don't use the kids clubs or programs so can't comment (plus our kids are much younger than yours), but the vibe at the resorts was definitely not couples only.

• Like 1

The Caribbean side of Costa Rica? There are some AMAZING resorts in Costa Rica, I stayed in a fun all-inclusive one with a friend a few years ago that was very family friendly, but it was on the wrong side of the country for that white sand beach you are looking for.