Menu

Removing e-mail notifications

I recently decided to try TapaTalk through my phone to view messages and after I did that I started receiving e-mail notifications of just about every new post on the Boards. I am trying to figure out how to make it stop :)

I removed tapatalk from my phone. I have also gone into My Settings and gone to Notification Preferences. I have nothing checked for "E-mail Notifications" meaning that I shouldn't be receiving any through e-mail. 

I do like using the notifications within the Boards but I certainly don't need all those e-mails. 

Any other suggestions of things to try. 

Thanks, 

Not yet, I am trying to recreate the problem.

Thank you! I have been on these boards for years and this is the first time I have done this. 

I still am nota sure if it is a Tap-A -talk probleym or something else. 

Your help is greatly appreciated. The number of e-mails is incredible . 

What you could try, is to check the box Email Notifications and save it.

Then go back and uncheck it and save it.

Which will update the setting and might correct the problem?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried it a couple of times and so far it isn't working. I'll keep trying and maybe one time it will. 

Still tons of e-mails. 

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this exact same problem! It all started after tapatalk was installed...I have uninstalled from all of my devices...gone on here and stopped all notifications but still getting thousands of emails on every topic!!! Please help!!!

I'm still getting the e-mails, too. I hope there's a way to get rid of them. 

I think I got rid of all of the e-mails. I haven't received any since earlier this afternoon. 

Here's what I did. I uninstalled and then reinstalled it. I then clicked on Subscriptions and clicked (and held down) on Well Trained Mind App with my finger. It asked me if I wanted to unsubscribe and I did. 

I also Clicked on Forums and did the same thing. It asked me if I wanted to Delete the app. That seems to have taken care of it. 

Thanks for helping. 

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Saddlemomma2 said:

I don't even have tap-a-talk and I'm getting tons of emails!

With the recent board change, the default setting was email notifications for followed content, plus to automatically follow any thread you posted in.  That's a lot of emails ;).  But you can go into your profile, click on notification settings, and turn all that off.

• 1 year later...