Menu

Couch-to-5K: July 5-11

Eagle

C25k: July 5-11  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Workouts finished

Week 5 day 2 is done. Went pretty well, hopefully day 3 goes okay. Now I have to scramble around as we are leaving at 2 for vacation. Which also means my week 6 may be on hold till we get back! It should be an active vacation though so hopefully that will balance it all out.

• Like 5

Just got back from vacation the night before last. I'm so impressed with you all your progress!! Wow!

Between not sleeping well for some time and how much this trip wiped me out (major fibro. flare up too :(), I'm going to have to take a break until I can recharge my energy levels to keep going with C25K. I'm just feeling so weak right now, but I have a call into my doctor for some stronger sleep meds, and I hope that will help. Will still be walking though! I'm shooting for 2-3 miles. Will rejoin you all ASAP. If someone could take over posting new threads that would be great.

• Like 4

Glad to see you back, LavenderGirl! Sorry you aren't doing well right now. :(

I will post the new threads for you. I just started C25K over again, and you can do it too when you are rested and recovered. You got us all up off the couch and running -- thank you so much! We'll still be here when you are ready to go again.

• Like 4

I'm absolutely shocked to be able to say this under the circumstances, but I completed Run 3 of Week 5 - the 20-minute one!

To anyone who is intimidated by that run, I will say that the training schedule has you better prepared than you may think.

I slept too late, and I got yet another migraine - thankfully a mild one this time. I couldn't decide what to do, thought about doing nothing, but decided I would at least walk the route that I had planned to run. I wanted to do *something*. And then I got really mad at all of these stupid migraines and the stupid way that they're messing up my life! So I used that angry energy to start running. It was so late by then that it was much hotter, and the sun was higher and brighter and searing my skin. My head was hurting, and I couldn't catch my breath. I was so tired that I stumbled a couple of times, and at one point I got queasy too. That was right before my turnaround point, so knowing that I was about to turn around and go DOWN hill really helped. I got through it. And it was easier on the way back down (this isn't much of a slope, but it's enough for me to feel the difference!)

Anyway, the reason that I'm saying all of that is so that you will know when your time comes for your 20-minute run, you are going to feel FANTASTIC by comparison! :lol: You really can do it, because if I, total non-runner and world's biggest wimp, can do it, you guys can definitely do it!

• Like 6

Just got back from vacation the night before last. I'm so impressed with you all your progress!! Wow!

Between not sleeping well for some time and how much this trip wiped me out (major fibro. flare up too :(), I'm going to have to take a break until I can recharge my energy levels to keep going with C25K. I'm just feeling so weak right now, but I have a call into my doctor for some stronger sleep meds, and I hope that will help. Will still be walking though! I'm shooting for 2-3 miles. Will rejoin you all ASAP. If someone could take over posting new threads that would be great.

Oh, no, I'm so sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time. :( Rest and recover for as long as you need, and we'll be here for you when you are ready to resume. But don't push it. Thing long-term here, and take care of yourself. :grouphug:

• Like 4

Glad to see you back, LavenderGirl! Sorry you aren't doing well right now. :(

I will post the new threads for you. I just started C25K over again, and you can do it too when you are rested and recovered. You got us all up off the couch and running -- thank you so much! We'll still be here when you are ready to go again.

Thank you for the encouragement and taking over starting threads, Eagle! Glad you feeling better too. I hope to not be out too long.

• Like 2

Anyway, the reason that I'm saying all of that is so that you will know when your time comes for your 20-minute run, you are going to feel FANTASTIC by comparison! :lol: You really can do it, because if I, total non-runner and world's biggest wimp, can do it, you guys can definitely do it!

Good for you!!!! It's so exciting to see everyone come so far. I want to get out there and run right now!!! (except... not enough training, overdoing it, etc. I must be patient!)

• Like 3

I hope you feel better soon!

• Like 3

W5D3. I did it. I think I'll try running around the block in the opposite direction. I ended up with the last 5 minutes of the run being mostly up hill - and pretty steep hills too. It was difficult and ugly but I kept going until the end. The first 15 minutes weren't bad. Maybe if I go the other direction the hills won't be as bad.

• Like 4

DONE! And I actually could have jogged past the 20 minutes. This coming from someone who would nearly cry when required to run the mile in high school. For the first time I am experiencing runner's high. :)

Yay!! :hurray:

• Like 2