Menu

incredibly ridiculous inspirational story on Facebook

MyThreeSons

The other day someone had posted a video about cleaning a toilet. "This is so amazing. I usually hate cleaning the toilet, but I can hardly wait to get home and try this." I fell for it, and watched the stupid thing.

The woman demonstrated how to clean a toilet. Exactly the way my Mom taught me almost 50 years ago. Work your way top to bottom, outside to inside, finishing with the bowl. The "amazing" thing -- which was new to me -- was that when she was done, she clamped the toilet brush handle between the lid and the seat so that it drip-dried into the toilet water. 

Yes, she did accomplish the job very quickly, but that was because it looked like she had just done it earlier in the day. There was nothing grungy at all about that toilet. I'm pretty sure there are no males in that house.

• Like 3

Just gonna say, one of the girls I went to school with was missing an eye.  She had a glass one.  For show and tell around 5th grade she brought in her collection of eyes she had used over the years, every time she grew her socket got bigger and she needed to be refit.

Adult eye in a toddler?  Please.

:rolleyes: :D

• Like 7

Just gonna say, one of the girls I went to school with was missing an eye.  She had a glass one.  For show and tell around 5th grade she brought in her collection of eyes she had used over the years, every time she grew her socket got bigger and she needed to be refit.

Adult eye in a toddler?  Please.

:rolleyes: :D

Right? How does anyone think an adult can give a child an eye that will 1. Fit perfectly, and 2. Never have to be replaced. And of course let's ignore the fact that medical science has yet to successfully transplant a whole eye today, let alone when this man would have been a child. 

Sure, the story is meant to be inspirational and not taken literally (or is it?), but it fails as even that. 

• Like 3

I have seen that story on Facebook. I always shake my head and wonder how such a generous woman could raise such a selfish ahole of a son.

I will admit that even though it is beyond hokey I still get a little tear in my eye. But that awful Christmas shoes song does it to me too. I am just a sap.

That song makes me want to burn down a Christmas tree. 

Oh, and I love -- not -- my dear friends who share pictures and stories of missing people, usually children.  

I swear I type "found safe" on a daily basis. Although last week I did have to type "found deceased" for the little boy who went missing and drowned  :crying:

I keep doing it, bc I don't want people to start ignoring the real "missing" posts. 

As far as the eyeball story - why was it such a secret to begin with? Did no one else ever mention such an amazing thing? Did the mom think it best to raise an unappreciative d-bag rather than slapping him alongside the head and saying, Don't roll that eye at me! I gave you that eye, and so help me I can take it back! 

/parenting fail

• Like 11

Did the mom think it best to raise an unappreciative d-bag rather than slapping him alongside the head and saying, Don't roll that eye at me! I gave you that eye, and so help me I can take it back! 

/parenting fail

:smilielol5: