Menu

Do I have to pay this?

After my credit card number was stolen this past week...my bank stopped any activity, verified the bogus charge with me, etc. ...my card was cancelled and I will be issued a new one.

However, I just checked my on-line bank statement and I am being charged $20 for a new card.

Can I *fight* this or am I going to have to just pay the $20?

Thanks!

~Holly

After my credit card number was stolen this past week...my bank stopped any activity, verified the bogus charge with me, etc. ...my card was cancelled and I will be issued a new one.

However, I just checked my on-line bank statement and I am being charged $20 for a new card.

Thanks!

~Holly

Well, I'd fight it by telling them, no thanks, don't want that card after all. We'll go somewhere else that will give us a new card for no fee.

~Holly

We have had our cc stolen more than once. Our bank has never charged us for a new card. If you are local, I would go in and talk to a rep. They can reverse charges for you right then and there. Otherwise I would call and talk to a customer service rep. My bet is they will reverse the charge.

You ladies really get results by arguing charges? Most of the time when I complain of something ridicluous like this the response I get is some variation of "go play in traffic."
Yes, every time. Even our young adult sons have gotten overdraft fees reversed. Practice saying, "Let me speak to your manager."