Menu

Your teen crush?

Cottonwood

Did you have one? Who was it?  And where are they now?

I had eyes for only one...ever.... Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver).  Holy-extreme-teenage-crush, batman!  How I loved to stare at that man. LOL!  I think Joe Elliot (Def Leppard) might have been a close second.  Lately I googled Richard Dean Anderson and was SHOCKED at how he's let himself go.  When he was on Stargate, I thought...Oh he's aging well, with his distinguished gray hair and chiseled face .  Now, I didn't even recognize him if I hadn't double checked the caption.  Very disappointed and just wanna remember the gold old MacGyver days.  :001_wub:

you?

• Like 3

Sarah Michelle Gellar. :leaving:

What?!?

You're so YOUNG!

Me: Val Kilmer

Matthew Broderick

My first tv crush was Randolph Mantooth (Johnny Gage)  *swoon"

Recently watched an episode with dd, holy cow what a DORK! But a CUTE dork, lol!

• Like 4

Hm. Don't know if I had one. The closest was probably Jonathan Brandis, when I was in third or fourth grade. Too much Seaquest and Neverending Story for me :lol:

He died too young :(

My totally weird, he's older than my dad, crush was Harrison Ford. I loved Indiana Jones. Chris O'Donnell was my only a decade older, adorable boy next door type crush. I felt old when he was on the cover of the Fathers Day issue of Redbook with his five kids a few years ago. 😄

• Like 6

James Burke from his show connections.

Hue just seemed so nice and smart and funny.

And I'm not that old. I remember watching the end of one episode where he featured a computer and how he had to tell the viewers what it was, and how one day they would have them for home use. At the time I had one the other room.

ok all y'all must be waaaaay younger than me!

Leif Garret

Tommy from Eight is Enough

Don from Lost in Space

and my girl crush was Kristy McNicol. She had her own show! She was somewhat of a tom-boy like me! Her brother was so cute! Boy did I want to be her :)

• Like 7

Captain Kirk (I know...shameful!)

Well mine was Spock! :lol: I knew he couldn't love me back, but that didn't stop me from loving him.

That was when I was very young (the show was in reruns) and when I was a teen it was Jon Bon Jovi. Guess my tastes had changed quite a bit by then. Ha!

• Like 3

Maybe Bob Crane from reruns of Hogan's Heroes, but in general, if I looked at a guy, it's because he was on a cool horse.  The most notable was Ian Miller on Big Ben (who did some shows I was at in his pre-Olympics days).  That horse could jump(!).  I drooled watching them.

(Most of you will probably have to google if you want more specifics.  ;)  )

• Like 1

Matt Dillon.  

Serious crush on him since The Outsiders, Rumblefish, and Little Darlings (which came out when I was 10 but I didn't see til I was a teen).  I'm loving the fact that he's still acting - Wayward Pines is so happening in my house right now. 

• Like 4

My big crushes were David Cassidy and Andy Gibb.

Maybe Bob Crane from reruns of Hogan's Heroes, but in general, if I looked at a guy, it's because he was on a cool horse.  The most notable was Ian Miller on Big Ben (who did some shows I was at in his pre-Olympics days).  That horse could jump(!).  I drooled watching them.

(Most of you will probably have to google if you want more specifics.  ;)  )

What is it about a man on a horse?  There's a King Arthur movie where Clive Owen goes riding into battle on a horse and he does this sword flipping move and honestly, it about took my breath away!  

• Like 1

I don't even know who some of these people being mentioned are!  :lol:

I had crushes on Joey Lawrence, Rider Strong (who, after watching all 8 seasons of Boy Meets World with me a few months ago, my daughter totally has a crush on, too), and, of course, Joey McIntyre.  And then when Newsies came out Christian Bale.

• Like 4

My totally weird, he's older than my dad, crush was Harrison Ford. I loved Indiana Jones. Chris O'Donnell was my only a decade older, adorable boy next door type crush. I felt old when he was on the cover of the Fathers Day issue of Redbook with his five kids a few years ago. 😄

Hey..I still have a crush on Sean Connery! And always will. Dh thinks its weird and gross. Lolol. And Harrison Ford is very crush worthy!

• Like 4

Another John Denver obsessor here. After he died, I couldn't hear a song by him without crying.

I also adored Cary Grant and Sean Connery. Gordon McRae singing in Oklahoma could make me swoon.

I didn't realize till I was much older that all these men were around the age of my father, it tempered the adoration somewhat.

• Like 1

ok all y'all must be waaaaay younger than me!

Leif Garret

Tommy from Eight is Enough

Don from Lost in Space

and my girl crush was Kristy McNicol. She had her own show! She was somewhat of a tom-boy like me! Her brother was so cute! Boy did I want to be her :)

Omg Tommy! Thanks for the memories :)

When I was a pre-teen it I am embarrassed to say I had a thing for Corey Hart (Canadian pop star) and Arnold Schwarzenegger.  

When I was older I branched out.  I had a crushes on Steve Earle, Fidel Castro, Jeremy Brett, Peter Ustinov, Sean Connery, Gordon Tootoosis.  I'm sure there were others too.

I could never really see the appeal of teenage boys, or even one in their early 20's.

• Like 1

I don't think I had one.  I was so rebellious, I rebelled against the convention of teen crushes.  When I was a young teen, all the "stars" were doing the androgynous thing with girly hair and I just couldn't get into the whole "isn't he cute" scene.  Men aren't supposed to be cute.

I had some crushes on some IRL teachers though.

I don't think I had one.  I was so rebellious, I rebelled against the convention of teen crushes.  When I was a young teen, all the "stars" were doing the androgynous thing with girly hair and I just couldn't get into the whole "isn't he cute" scene.  Men aren't supposed to be cute.

I had some crushes on some IRL teachers though.

I remember all kinds of girls having crushes on Corey Haim.  I thought he looked like he was 12 and who the heck would want to be involved with a little boy?  They had whole magazines dedicated to boys like that.

Cary Elwes and Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. Later I also had a crush on Pierce Brosnan's James Bond.

One more.. how could I forget? I was 13 when I was crushing on one of the Menudo members - Robert Avellanet. I even got to meet him briefly  :svengo:  :tongue_smilie:

You are all terribly young.  Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky from Starsky and Hutch).

I am here with you, Laura. I remember him. And earlier than that, there was a young singer from a Scottish (?) band called the "Bay City Rollers." I cannot recall his name...Leslie something. Wonder if anyone on this board has even heard of them.

• Like 3

Peter Tork from the Monkees...

Bobby Sherman

Richard Dean Anderson--sigh. I'll cut him some slack on the weight gain. He has BAD knees. That's gotta slow a man down. I MISS Jack O'Neill...

I was beyond the teen years, but Harrison Ford especially as Indy.

SATURDAY..night!

My little brother had their album and played it every morning while blow drying his hair. Then he'd switch records to Pissin In the Wind by Jerry Jeff Walker, I think, and it would drive my mom nuts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had quite a few over the years... I was boy crazy.  :D

Jonathan Brandis (I even met him and got his autograph)

Taylor Hanson

Leonardo DiCaprio

Mark Wahlberg

Matt Damon

Kevin Bacon

I had quite a few over the years... I was boy crazy.   :D

Jonathan Brandis (I even met him and got his autograph)

Taylor Hanson

Leonardo DiCaprio

Mark Wahlberg

Matt Damon

Kevin Bacon

I will admit to sitting through Transformers 4 the other night pretty much because it had Mark Wahlberg in it. 

I am here with you, Laura. I remember him. And earlier than that, there was a young singer from a Scottish (?) band called the "Bay City Rollers." I cannot recall his name...Leslie something. Wonder if anyone on this board has even heard of them.

Heard of them, sang along with them, roller skated to them on Friday nights.

• Like 5

Hm. Don't know if I had one. The closest was probably Jonathan Brandis, when I was in third or fourth grade. Too much Seaquest and Neverending Story for me :lol:

He died too young :(

Same here, except I was 14 when SeaQuest happened. Man, I loved that show. I so wanted to go live on a submarine and be JB's (geez, I can't even remember his character's name) girlfriend and work with dolphins. Even though it was about the cheesiest show in the universe. Hmm. I see it is up on youtube. Wonder if my kids would like it.

I was pretty upset when he killed himself.

Wil Wheaton was my first crush, when I was 7 and he was Wesley on Star Trek. I take it as proof that I'm inherently geek-oriented.

• Like 5