Menu

What's with the ads?

itsheresomewhere

The Venting Thread

Certain males that think because they are males they get special privileges and get to lord those said privileges over anyone not male.

I am livid and more disgusted with religion every day.

Also I went to er early this morning and the pain reliever and muscle relaxer did not work like it should.

Sorry I am grouchy.

• Like 3

Just got two new tires on the van this afternoon to pass inspection.  Picked up the van and drove home (about 2 miles).  A few minutes ago, dd ran inside to tell me that the neighbor said I have a flat tire - one of the new tires!

Just got two new tires on the van this afternoon to pass inspection. Picked up the van and drove home (about 2 miles). A few minutes ago, dd ran inside to tell me that the neighbor said I have a flat tire - one of the new tires![/quote/]

This has turned into a praise. The car place came and picked up the van first thing this morning. They and the tire manufacturer replaced the new tire that only had 2 miles on it for us. The car said they found a metal shard in it and it could have been from there. We had the van back in less than an hour.

• Like 10

Please, if the activity specifies an age range, don't automatically put your kids in the activity for the next higher age range just because you think they are special snowflakes. I know your 9yo, and she really doesn't have the intellectual and emotional maturity to be involved in a book club for middle schoolers. Put her in the 6-10yo book club. It isn't beneath her, I promise.

• Like 8

Please, if the activity specifies an age range, don't automatically put your kids in the activity for the next higher age range just because you think they are special snowflakes. I know your 9yo, and she really doesn't have the intellectual and emotional maturity to be involved in a book club for middle schoolers. Put her in the 6-10yo book club. It isn't beneath her, I promise.

I could hug you.  I have been saying that a lot this week.  I had one lady contact me wanting to know if her 4 yr old could be in an activity for 9-12 yr olds.  She says he does school on a middle school level. Um no, just no.  And then the next one who contacted me about an activity that is only for grades K-12.  Her special snowflake was 2.  

• Like 3

The guy from the gap year program my son is planning on attending this year and the financial aid office who don't communicate very well. 

The guy told me we could spread out the balance due after scholarships and grants over 10 months. The financial aid / business office sent a letter saying we had to set up the payments plan by September 1st. Today, I found out that the 10 months had to have started in July. So now, they want 20% like now, and another 10% by September 20th, when I was planning on just the 10% amount in September.

And we found out yesterday that there is another $375 we need to pay in two weeks when we check him in. This is to cover the things that aren't included in the "all-inclusive" fees we knew about. 

I have been scrambling to minimize expenses and maximize income to make this work because it is so incredibly important to my son. In the long run, it will work, but I just don't know how to come up with all this money right now. 

Just random stuff that happened this week, not really vents since both worked out fine

First, I ordered a used Ancient Rome Treasure Chest. I don't think you can get new ones anymore, unless you want to pay an arm and a leg on Amazon. Anyway, the description was used, but still in good condition. I got it the other day and it only had a quarter (or less) of the contents! I was refunded my money including shipping, so I am not out anything. I was looking forward to especially the map that is included in those chests, not sure that I want to take a chance on another one.

Second, we stopped at Sonic on our way home yesterday. It is a treat for us because we don't have one in our area. Anyway, I ordered the classic sundae. The lady asked if I wanted whipped cream and a cherry. I said no cherry, but I do want the whipped cream. When it came out, it was just a bowl of vanilla ice cream, not even the whipped cream. I said I ordered a sundae and I was expecting a topping. She said, well I asked you if you wanted whipped cream and a cherry. I said I thought sundaes came with a topping besides whipped cream and a cherry. She said, oh, you have to ask for that because we have so many toppings that we wouldn't know what you wanted. She added hot fudge, but I never got the whipped cream (which I could live without). The sign didn't say anything about requesting a topping and I have never ordered one before from there. Now I know for the next time!

Pie: not supposed to be a health food. Don't try to make it a health food. In fact, it may be some sort of mortal sin in the pie church to try to make pie a health food.

• Like 7

My older son turns in work to school with more sloppy grammatical and spelling errors than I can count.  He is in 8th grade for crying out loud and should be expected to know the difference between lose and loss, they and the, and wander and wonder.  His sentences should be required to - you know - have a verb in them.

Oh.  And he gets a 100 on said work.  And cannot for the life of him understand why I think he should proofread his work.

• Like 2

First (and hopefully last) time I've ever had to deal with lice.     :thumbdown:  :scared:  

• Like 1

The guy from the gap year program my son is planning on attending this year and the financial aid office who don't communicate very well. 

The guy told me we could spread out the balance due after scholarships and grants over 10 months. The financial aid / business office sent a letter saying we had to set up the payments plan by September 1st. Today, I found out that the 10 months had to have started in July. So now, they want 20% like now, and another 10% by September 20th, when I was planning on just the 10% amount in September.

And we found out yesterday that there is another $375 we need to pay in two weeks when we check him in. This is to cover the things that aren't included in the "all-inclusive" fees we knew about. 

I have been scrambling to minimize expenses and maximize income to make this work because it is so incredibly important to my son. In the long run, it will work, but I just don't know how to come up with all this money right now. 

This has turned into a praise. The gal at the business office worked with me and the numbers so that I can make 10 equal payments. There will be a crunch at the end of the year, but it is doable.

• Like 6

My hubby has chronic migraines. I'm on a 2-week camping trip with my kids... First week hubby is away on business. He joins us for the 2nd week, spends 3 days basically in bed (except for meals) because of fatigue an migraines.

Next day, we get massive smoke cover which has him gasping and coughing, plus his head is pounding. He's barely coherent in the morning. I drive him home. He says he will come out when the smoke clears... Smoke doesn't clear.

It's our last night, and he calls to say he won't make it -- and *cries* over the phone.

I'm torn between wanting to baby him, and wanting to drop-kick him off a cliff!!!

Why can't I have a husband with a normal functional body? Or, at least one who can keep it together and not throw his piteous emotions at me -- you know, after he has left me nearly-completely without emotional support and connection for years, and thrown *all* the work of a family at me too!!!

I'm good at 'work'. I'm good at independence. I'm crap at putting up with other people's emotional crap! It's not enough that I can't depend on him? It's not enough that he depends on me for practical stuff and every part of daily life? He has to dump on me emotionally too??? I have to carry that too?

I'm angry, but I'm pretty sure my 'angry' is helping me hide from how bad this probably actually makes me feel.

(PS: if anyone feels compelled to talk to me about a great idea to fix his migraines right up... I will drop-kick imaginary-you off an imaginary cliff too.)

• Like 2

My current vent...

I am sincere and open. If I say something I mean it...no more no less. Please do not assume I am being evasive and read more into what I say.

Furthermore, if you do read more into what I say and I clarify that what I said is *exactly* what I mean...please do not argue with me and tell me I'm wrong...*wrong* about what *I* am saying.

• Like 5

People that lie to me in one sentence and say they miss my friendship in the next.  Sigh!  I'm not foolish enough to go down that road again.

School Principals who call meetings to discuss things then dismiss all concerns with 'they will have to get used to it as it is real life'.

Due to a building project ds8 will be in a class of 80 children in the gym for 3 months. DS8 is PG with some obvious but undiagnosed (because you don't get a diagnosis unless there is something they can do) sensory issues. A noisy emvironment stresses him. When he is stresesed his toilet training regresses and his encropresis flares plus he is completely unable to focus. I asked what the plan is for kids that can't cope and got told everyone could and if not they need to learn.

Ds6 will have 46 kids in a room that usually has less than 30. He gets agressive when he is stressed. His sensory issues are different but there - labels, water on face, being jostled.

There is no backup plan and ds8 is worried. Worried equals stress. I can't change schools as the stress of that would be worse and it is actually the best school for gifted kids locally which isn't saying much.

First of all, :grouphug: to everyone.

Money-what more is there to say?

If I want to lose more weight, I will have to go practically zero carb, so I have decided to be content with my ten pound loss, and try to maintain with moderate low carb and carb cycling.

Money-again.

I really believe I have adult onset ADD. Constantly distracted and can't stick to tasks.

I spent two hours cleaning yesterday, and dh found something negative to comment on.

Food- I am thankful that we are fortunate to have what we need. I just wish the two picky people in my family were not picky about different things. What one likes, the other doesn't. I am tired of "What's for dinner?" Then knowing someone will likely be unhappy about it. If I ever live alone, I will eat yogurt, sandwiches, and super easy, simple foods. No more meal planning and cooking.

Dd keeps getting sick with a sore throat. Off to the Dr. with her this afternoon.

When I wake up in the morning, I am still tired.

What about rice and beans for dinner for a week? Will help you save money, and maybe the ungrateful people will learn to be grateful for their food?
  • Like 2

Incentives for summer reading (or any program really) that requires you to purchase an adult ticket per free child ticket. I have 3 very disappointed children because they can't use their zoo tickets they earned and there will be no zoo trip at all because of the cost. This area is a high military family area. If you count those as well as single parents there are probably a large number of families with these useless "prizes".

Incentives for summer reading (or any program really) that requires you to purchase an adult ticket per free child ticket. I have 3 very disappointed children because they can't use their zoo tickets they earned and there will be no zoo trip at all because of the cost. This area is a high military family area. If you count those as well as single parents there are probably a large number of families with these useless "prizes".

Oh, that sucks.  Here, each child reader is getting two free tickets to the zoo that they can use with a parent or other adult.  So 2 readers means all 4 of us can go for free.  I am sorry they didn't think it through better.  I'd let the city librarian and the director of the zoo know about the problem.  Maybe they won't do anything this year but perhaps they can figure something better and less exclusive out next year.  

• Like 4

Oh, that sucks.  Here, each child reader is getting two free tickets to the zoo that they can use with a parent or other adult.  So 2 readers means all 4 of us can go for free.  I am sorry they didn't think it through better.  I'd let the city librarian and the director of the zoo know about the problem.  Maybe they won't do anything this year but perhaps they can figure something better and less exclusive out next year.  

I did call the zoo and let our children's librarian know. Unfortunately nothing will likely change because our zoo is so popular. The two people I talked to at the zoo who were supposed to be customer service had to have the issue spelled out to them and then kept trying to say "but you can get 1 child in free." I had to be very blunt and tell them that one free ticket does me no good when it would be $125 for the rest of us. They also tried to insist the set up was because they are a non-profit but really just don't give them out with a requirement like that. We did get 2 museum tickets where it was purchase 1 adult ticket per group which to me is much more reasonable. My kids were so proud to present their own coupons to get in to the museum. I wish the zoo would be as rational.

I did call the zoo and let our children's librarian know. Unfortunately nothing will likely change because our zoo is so popular. The two people I talked to at the zoo who were supposed to be customer service had to have the issue spelled out to them and then kept trying to say "but you can get 1 child in free." I had to be very blunt and tell them that one free ticket does me no good when it would be $125 for the rest of us. They also tried to insist the set up was because they are a non-profit but really just don't give them out with a requirement like that. We did get 2 museum tickets where it was purchase 1 adult ticket per group which to me is much more reasonable. My kids were so proud to present their own coupons to get in to the museum. I wish the zoo would be as rational.

Zoo tickets cost $125?  For how many people?  :scared:   And I thought our zoo was robbing people for $20 a head!  

• Like 1

Zoo tickets cost $125? For how many people? :scared: And I thought our zoo was robbing people for $20 a head!

That would be 2 kids and 1 adult at the San Diego Zoo. Thus why I needed to use the free passes.

Vent of the Day: some how I have the Sir Mix A Lot song "Seattle Ain't Bullshittin" stuck in my head. How it is that I came to know every single word to a wide variety of songs from his Swass and Mack Daddy albums committed to my permanent memory is a long story.

• Like 2

My kids were like "a lot of clowns tried to WHAT?!" because I keep rapping it half audibly. I think the only cure will be to listen to both albums. Clearly!

Venting because DH received a $287 speeding ticket for driving 33 mph in a 20 mph school zone. He was observing the zone and stopped at a red light. When the light turned green, he forgot that he was still in the school zone, so took off at regular rate of speed.

This was NOT in the budget.

Being an introvert but wanting friends. *sighs*

Why can't people just appear when I want to be social and then go away when I don't wish to be?

And I am in the Bible Belt.

I am a Christian but I am not THAT kind of Christian.

• Like 7

Venting because DH received a $287 speeding ticket for driving 33 mph in a 20 mph school zone. He was observing the zone and stopped at a red light. When the light turned green, he forgot that he was still in the school zone, so took off at regular rate of speed.

This was NOT in the budget.

Can he go to court and get it reduced? Or arrange to pay it in community service hours? Here, they will usually give payment plans if nothing else.

If nothing else, going to court may keep it off his driving record if he doesn't have another ticket in a certain time frame and thus save you from having your insurance rates jacked up.

• Like 1

Being an introvert but wanting friends. *sighs*

Why can't people just appear when I want to be social and then go away when I don't wish to be?

And I am in the Bible Belt.

I am a Christian but I am not THAT kind of Christian.

(Hugs)

I want friends but around here it seems friends come from church or work.

I don't work so church is it. I *thought* I did have some friends but they didn't stick around once they realized I wasn't the "right" kind of Christian. Sigh.

I sort of give up.

More (hugs)!

• Like 1

(Hugs)

I want friends but around here it seems friends come from church or work.

I don't work so church is it. I *thought* I did have some friends but they didn't stick around once they realized I wasn't the "right" kind of Christian. Sigh.

I sort of give up.

More (hugs)!

Thank you for understanding.

My husband works two jobs and goes to college, I never see him.

My daughter has become a very sullen preteen.

I can be a wee bit slow since the stroke (sometimes it takes me a moment to respond, my mind and mouth take a minute to work together) and my memory is sometimes wonky.

My idea of Christianity is not how big my pocketbook is, how slim my figure is or how sanctimonious I can act.

For me as an introvert to say I am lonely is a big deal. :sad:

:grouphug:

I can be a wee bit slow since the stroke (sometimes it takes me a moment to respond, my mind and mouth take a minute to work together) and my memory is sometimes wonky.

My idea of Christianity is not how big my pocketbook is, how slim my figure is or how sanctimonious I can act.

:grouphug:

(Hugs)

• Like 1

:grouphug:  I wish you lived closer...

• Like 1

My vent of the day is the same one it always is when visiting my in-laws these past few years.  I hate Alzheimers.

MIL had one pretty good day.  Then there were the others.  By yesterday she was forgetting who we were and pretty much everything about what was going on.  Poor hubby and FIL.  I don't like it either, of course, esp since I'm almost always the one sitting with her and answering the same questions every minute or trying to calm her down about her fears, but for them... this is (was?) their wife and mom.  Saying I hate the disease is an understatement.

The only plus to the weekend is she's almost forgotten how racist she is, and for those of us who have racism as a huge pet peeve, it's nice not having to deal with that one all the time.

I'm glad we were able to be here for FIL, so he could get a break.  As always, I wish he would allow non-family help, but that hasn't changed.

Time will tell what today is like.

Home improvement projects that should be simple but turn into a pain in the rear. Which is apparently any project we try.

Simple things should be simple.

Home improvement projects that should be simple but turn into a pain in the rear. Which is apparently any project we try.

Simple things should be simple.

I completely understand, we live in a mobile home so NOTHING is standard size. We are attempting to remodel our kitchen to make it more functional for us and to have a dishwasher (will be a life saver in the coming months with school and what not).
  • Like 1

Boy do I need this venting thread today! Dh has heard enough of my venting, and it's not out yet.

I teach in a co-op/tutorial organization. The teachers all work really hard to make sure we are prepared, we know our needs, and communicate with the director to make sure everyone gets what they need as much as possible.

Well this year a new class has been added which is being taught by in incompetent moron, who apparently didn't know who was signed up for his class before classes started last week, and is now making demands that he HAS to have this, and that, and the other thing. And for some reason I cannot fathom, the director is giving him whatever he asks for, despite the fact that it means screwing up all the other classes that have all their needs arranged for.

My class, in particular needs to divide into small sections for a portion of class time. But no, our room was given to the Idiot Teacher, which means we can't function the way the class needs to function. The director moved us to the other side of the building and suggested that we use a walk-in closet as one of our small-group spaces.

Uh, no. You, director, are also an idiot. I don't understand why the teachers who prepared diligently for their classes have to make all the concessions and the Incompetent One gets everything he wants (and they are, for the most part, "wants", not actual needs).

Short version: Facebook

Long version: People are mean and though I suppose it's good to know what people really think I sometimes wish I could return to my little bubble where I thought everyone was kind and sweet.

• Like 3

Short version: Facebook

Long version: People are mean and though I suppose it's good to know what people really think I sometimes wish I could return to my little bubble where I thought everyone was kind and sweet.

:iagree:  :iagree:  :iagree:

• Like 1

First day of school: great! Cute pictures, got all our work done, went to the park.

Second day of school: My child is a complainyface who spent more time objecting to and evading the work than it would've taken to complete it, and I am a Mean Mom who insists that he can, and must, independently calculate 7 + 7 + 7 and spell words like "hat."

We're continuing with the rest of the day's schedule (lunch; quiet time; first day of activity group, to which I promised to bring something), and then we get to come home and finish school, very likely with the same attitude.

*sigh*

I love my own cooking.  Absolutely love it.  This is not helping my attempts to diet.

Also, just in general?  Hiking every day should mean I could eat whatever I want.  

But no.

I am probably one of those weirdos who would even gain weight hiking the PCT.  

OTOH, those were some awesome meals this last weekend away.  Homemade clam dip with various chips and crackers.  Barbequed Cabernet burgers stuffed with gorgonzola cheese.  Veal Piccata with French rice pilaf.  Homemade Cinnamon/Kissing Wine ice cream.  OMGosh.  

• Like 2

Yes, definitely. Anyone want a 10 year old 9th grader in their teen group? Teen starts at thir-TEEN. I really don't care if she will be a junior before she is a teen.  

• Like 1

A group I'm part of on Facebook just announced it no longer wants members to have accounts that are shared with their husbands. We have a week to do something about it or be removed. Grr. I've enjoyed being a part of this group, but I'm not going to open up a separate account just for it. And it was suggested that my husband is strict about my internet use. Ha! Right. We just share a fb account, good grief.

• Like 2