Menu

What's with the ads?

itsheresomewhere

The Venting Thread

Ok! Remember my pm's don't work. Do you still have my email? I can email you so you have it.

I believe I do still have it.  ;)

• Like 1

Family members (in-laws) who talk amongst themselves and get in a snit about something that they misunderstood instead if actually asking for clarification.

DH is getting an award at a dinner next month and he told his parents that my mom might be coming to watch our kids. They took it to mean that he had invited my mom to attend the dinner with us, including the kids. Then his sisters talked to each other about how his parents felt bad that my mom was invited to the dinner and they weren't and called him to tell him about it. It's more of a business event, not an invite the whole family event. My mom was going to watch the kids at our house so I can go as his spouse. We're not bringing the kids to a $50 per plate networking dinner at a country club. So now instead of just being excited about getting this award, DH has to deal with reassuring his parents that they aren't being left out, and feeling pressured to invite them to come attend the dinner because they want to see him get the award.

Family members (in-laws) who talk amongst themselves and get in a snit about something that they misunderstood instead if actually asking for clarification.

DH is getting an award at a dinner next month and he told his parents that my mom might be coming to watch our kids. They took it to mean that he had invited my mom to attend the dinner with us, including the kids. Then his sisters talked to each other about how his parents felt bad that my mom was invited to the dinner and they weren't and called him to tell him about it. It's more of a business event, not an invite the whole family event. My mom was going to watch the kids at our house so I can go as his spouse. We're not bringing the kids to a $50 per plate networking dinner at a country club. So now instead of just being excited about getting this award, DH has to deal with reassuring his parents that they aren't being left out, and feeling pressured to invite them to come attend the dinner because they want to see him get the award.

Ugh

Tell your dh DON'T CAVE. If it is anything like the stuff my dh goes to, it's not an invite-your-mom deal. It's not like he's a second grader on the soccer team at the annual award night.

• Like 7

It's a misunderstanding. There should be no pressure to invite them to the event as no one is actually invited to the event besides you. 

• Like 2

I hope it is okay to offer a (supportive) opinion for a thread. You do not need to go to Spain to attend his wedding! I would stick to this like glue. Nobody "has" to attend a wedding he or she cannot afford and if the couple can't understand that, well, they will have to stew about it until five years later when some similar expectation befalls them.

Sheesh. I told my brother I could not fly my family halfway accross the country to attend his wedding. *I* attended, and one child came with me, but this was a fact from Day One. Plus, one of my sisters also got married ONE month after my brother! Also out of state. So, yeah, a lot of wedding-related spending within a short time.

Same here.  My sister got married, so I flew out with our youngest child at the time and she was grateful for that.  She knew we couldn't afford for all of us to go at the time.  I'm surprised this is not understood by most people.

• Like 1

Doctor's offices with terrible reception staff.. 

Last time I went to my doctor (made the appt. - not a walk in) for routine thyroid work... I sat for nearly 2hrs.  I finally had to leave as I had left my g'kids with my middle dd (auntie) and she had an appt. she needed to be at.  I quickly made an appt. for 7:30am the next morning with another dr... who was basically getting me in and out as quickly as possible.  Never once asked me if my symptoms had abated on the meds.  All around a miserable and defeating experience.

Today I decided to finally make an appt. for annoying and somewhat troubling symptoms I've been having for some time.... only now they prefer you to do this online.  So I go online - I don't really get to *make* an appt... just suggest days and times... must be made at least 2days in advance (what if I were sick???). They'll get back to me apparently.  I put some  of my symptoms in the comments box... at 9 this morning.  Here it is 5pm and I still haven't heard if I have an appt. sometime next week.  I figured saying things like "Feeling very lethargic, chest pressure and upper back pain, occasional numbness in fingers" would kind of make people pay attention - but I guess not. 

I think it's time to find another doctor.   What a hassle.

I've been out of town 6 of the last 7 weekends. My fil's cancer will not be helped by additional chemo, he needs 24 hr care and we just have a few weeks left. I'm bone tired. I just want to be at home on a Saturday.

I know, I know. I am whining.

My kids are beginning to feel the stress too. First week of school this week and I've never been more muddle headed. My two youngest are consistently tired and whiny and crabby. And it's not a far trip for me either.

I want to destroy something, lay on the living room floor, wail, and scream and cry.

but I am too old for such things.

I've been out of town 6 of the last 7 weekends. My fil's cancer will not be helped by additional chemo, he needs 24 hr care and we just have a few weeks left. I'm bone tired. I just want to be at home on a Saturday.

I know, I know. I am whining.

My kids are beginning to feel the stress too. First week of school this week and I've never been more muddle headed. My two youngest are consistently tired and whiny and crabby. And it's not a far trip for me either.

I want to destroy something, lay on the living room floor, wail, and scream and cry.

but I am too old for such things.

hugs....  I've been helping to care for my aunt after her surgery went wrong... she's been in the hospital since June 29th.  It.is.exhausting...   And we're not even dealing with the emotional issues of someone dying. 

Take care of yourself too. 

I still owe money to the hospital from dd's birth. I called to make a payment and this happens every.single.time. They cannot freaking transfer me to the right person the first time. So I get transferred like 4x and HUNG UP ON. I finally call the number on the bill which is not local and they collect my info. and then say they need to transfer me. Then I repeat most of the same info to the second person. They tell me I have 2 accounts. I said that one should be paid off and I ask to compare account numbers. Welp, turns out they had 3 account numbers associated with us and that yes, that one was paid off, but I didn't know about the third. So then I ask the lady can you look to see if there are any more?? I don't want to call next month and be told I actually have four or five. UGH.

Doctor's offices with terrible reception staff..

Last time I went to my doctor (made the appt. - not a walk in) for routine thyroid work... I sat for nearly 2hrs. I finally had to leave as I had left my g'kids with my middle dd (auntie) and she had an appt. she needed to be at. I quickly made an appt. for 7:30am the next morning with another dr... who was basically getting me in and out as quickly as possible. Never once asked me if my symptoms had abated on the meds. All around a miserable and defeating experience.

Today I decided to finally make an appt. for annoying and somewhat troubling symptoms I've been having for some time.... only now they prefer you to do this online. So I go online - I don't really get to *make* an appt... just suggest days and times... must be made at least 2days in advance (what if I were sick???). They'll get back to me apparently. I put some of my symptoms in the comments box... at 9 this morning. Here it is 5pm and I still haven't heard if I have an appt. sometime next week. I figured saying things like "Feeling very lethargic, chest pressure and upper back pain, occasional numbness in fingers" would kind of make people pay attention - but I guess not.

I think it's time to find another doctor. What a hassle.

That is terrible! I agree, it is time to find a new doctor.

Hope you are able to find some relief while you wait. I'd call first thing in the morning, or maybe even go to an urgent care center.

We had to switch peds when our twins were one because the old ped no longer accepted our new ins. Shortly after this, ds woke up with a rash that was spreading. I called the new dr first thing in the morning and then a couple of times after that to bring him in. They finally called back at the end of the day and said they were inundated with flu patients and to bring him in the morning. It turned out that the rash was petechia my ds had a plalet count of 3k and could have bled to death if he had a big fall or something! (I even mentioned that after looking it up in a baby book, but I didn't pronounce it correctly and I'm sure receptionist had no idea what I was talking about.) We ended up switching peds after ds turned out to be allergic to an antibiotic that the ped didn't catch. I took him to see the dr everytime he got a symptom and the ped said it was due to whatever he was taking the antibiotic for (can't remember now). We had to see an oncall doc who couldn't believe that the ped didn't realize those were actually allergic reactions. That is the doc we switched to and still currently see and love. So, it worked out in the end!

• Like 4

This stuff drives me crazy. If you have a problem with someone, it makes no sense to talk to everyone else except that individual. Especially in cases like this, where it's easy to clear up the misunderstanding before it becomes a Thing.

Related, if you want someone to do something differently, why not try asking them? Instead of talking amongst everyone else except them.

• Like 1

I'm dealing with a crisis of conscious today with no right answer. One choice means lying about something I don't really care about. The other choice has my child sacrificing something important to her so I can stand up for something I don't really care about.

In the midst of this, my mother is being needy. She decided she was going to move very suddenly. Two weeks later, without sending us (her children in another state) a link or a picture or anything, she had an offer down on a house. That's fine, she's a grown up, she can do as she pleases. But now she's wanting tons of affirmation from us (who have never seen the house in person), and opinions on the house. The sellers have countered and met her half way. The asking price was reasonable, and the counter offer is even more reasonable. But she's hanging back, paralyzed with indecision all the sudden. Now she's sending me links to other houses. She wants me to be her house shopping buddy from three states away, and I can't help but feel sorry for the sellers who are sitting around wondering what in the world is happening. Is it just me or shouldn't you be sure you want something that big when you make an offer on it?

I can't remember a time she expressed a tenth of the interested I've shown this situation in anything going on in my life.

• Like 1

I don't post much, I mostly just lurk lately.  But here is my vent because I don't really have too many people to talk to about this.  

I am going by myself on a 9 day trip to India next week.  I've been planning to go since last year and I'm really excited about it.  I booked tickets (partially non-refundable), put a deposit on the hotel room (non refundable), paid for the tours/hotel/transport in the second city (non-refundable), got my shots and got my visa (non-refundable).  Yesterday my husband's company decides to send him to a nearby country for three weeks, leaving me without childcare... despite asking months ago if he could work from home the week I am gone.  Despite his work saying this wouldn't be an issue.  But his work comes first.  He will come home weekends.   :( :( :(

So now I have to either cancel my trip and lose the deposits, pay to fly a relative out to watch the kids, or hire a nanny I've only met a couple times to come and live in my house and watch my kids for the better part of 10 days.  Option three is the easiest but also the one my conscience is telling me I shouldn't even consider, I mean, leaving kids with someone I barely know while I'm in another country.  She is a lovely person but watching the kids for a few hours is different than for days.  But flying a relative out is expensive, especially last minute flights.  My mother and cousin both jumped on the chance to fly out.  I really don't wanna cancel.  I have to decide what to do today.       

I'm sorry! :grouphug: I hope it works out as well.

Personally, I would fly out a relative, especially since they were excited about coming.

• Like 4

I would also fly a relative out to come stay with the kids. It's pricey, but having spent all that money on a trip to India and not using it would be a much bigger loss, imo.

• Like 5

I don't post much, I mostly just lurk lately.  But here is my vent because I don't really have too many people to talk to about this.  

I am going by myself on a 9 day trip to India next week.  I've been planning to go since last year and I'm really excited about it.  I booked tickets (partially non-refundable), put a deposit on the hotel room (non refundable), paid for the tours/hotel/transport in the second city (non-refundable), got my shots and got my visa (non-refundable).  Yesterday my husband's company decides to send him to a nearby country for three weeks, leaving me without childcare... despite asking months ago if he could work from home the week I am gone.  Despite his work saying this wouldn't be an issue.  But his work comes first.  He will come home weekends.   :( :( :(

So now I have to either cancel my trip and lose the deposits, pay to fly a relative out to watch the kids, or hire a nanny I've only met a couple times to come and live in my house and watch my kids for the better part of 10 days.  Option three is the easiest but also the one my conscience is telling me I shouldn't even consider, I mean, leaving kids with someone I barely know while I'm in another country.  She is a lovely person but watching the kids for a few hours is different than for days.  But flying a relative out is expensive, especially last minute flights.  My mother and cousin both jumped on the chance to fly out.  I really don't wanna cancel.  I have to decide what to do today.       

ooohhhhh you poor thing! Grrr.

I'd book a flight for mom or cousin if I could afford it.  

• Like 2

Add me to those voting for flying a relative out.  You'll regret it for years if you don't - and they are happy to come.

Have a good trip, and consider the other expense to more or less being your kids getting a staycation too!

• Like 3

I don't post much, I mostly just lurk lately. But here is my vent because I don't really have too many people to talk to about this.

I am going by myself on a 9 day trip to India next week. I've been planning to go since last year and I'm really excited about it. I booked tickets (partially non-refundable), put a deposit on the hotel room (non refundable), paid for the tours/hotel/transport in the second city (non-refundable), got my shots and got my visa (non-refundable). Yesterday my husband's company decides to send him to a nearby country for three weeks, leaving me without childcare... despite asking months ago if he could work from home the week I am gone. Despite his work saying this wouldn't be an issue. But his work comes first. He will come home weekends. :( :( :(

So now I have to either cancel my trip and lose the deposits, pay to fly a relative out to watch the kids, or hire a nanny I've only met a couple times to come and live in my house and watch my kids for the better part of 10 days. Option three is the easiest but also the one my conscience is telling me I shouldn't even consider, I mean, leaving kids with someone I barely know while I'm in another country. She is a lovely person but watching the kids for a few hours is different than for days. But flying a relative out is expensive, especially last minute flights. My mother and cousin both jumped on the chance to fly out. I really don't wanna cancel. I have to decide what to do today.

I am guessing that it might be around the same cost to fly your mom out or to pay the nanny for 10 tens. So, if you look at it that way, it is not really going to cost you more to fly your mom out (unless you have to pay her for staying with your kids).

Sorry that your dh's work plans changed that is causing all this stress.

I am guessing that it might be around the same cost to fly your mom out or to pay the nanny for 10 tens. So, if you look at it that way, it is not really going to cost you more to fly your mom out (unless you have to pay her for staying with your kids).

Sorry that your dh's work plans changed that is causing all this stress.

Nanny would be about $600 and a flight is probably going to run me about $1400.    

Assuming we could get back a portion of my flights, cancellation of my trip would mean I've wasted about $1000, possibly more.  

This is a silly whine and not important compared to what many are going through, but it kept me up all night last night and I'm feeling pathetic today.  It is also the first time ever that I would be travelling alone so I was kinda hoping things would go more smoothly than this.      

Assuming we could get back a portion of my flights, cancellation of my trip would mean I've wasted about $1000, possibly more.  

Any chance you could reduce the airfare by looking at odd departure/arrival times or having your mom fly into a different airport? Even if you have to drive a bit to a different location, the difference in fare may make it worth the inconvenience.

• Like 1

This is a silly whine and not important compared to what many are going through, but it kept me up all night last night and I'm feeling pathetic today.  It is also the first time ever that I would be travelling alone so I was kinda hoping things would go more smoothly than this.      

That's quite a bit for a round trip domestic flight!  Or is it not a domestic flight?  Any chance Southwest flies between the two airports?  They are our #1 choice for flying with my guys/college (and family trips), but they only book on their website - not the "find a flight" generic sites.  It could be worth checking into if it's a possibility. SW also still allows 2 free checked bags per person - and it's totally worth it to pay the $12.50 for auto check in IME (unless your college student stays at the dorm until 5am for a 6am flight and barely makes it on before they close the door...  :glare: ).

It's not just the 1K you'd lose from cancelling.  I really think the resentment that will build from this last minute change will be far more costly.  It'd be different if it were a medical reason or something, but it isn't.  It's a work reason.  The extra expense might need to be chalked up to a work expense.

What do your kids think of the nanny?

You didn't waste anything. This fiasco is NOT your fault.

Don't cancel your trip! According to your signature, your kids are 12 and 8. They will be fine with either caregiving option. Do whatever makes the most sense to you and GO. India is amazing! Don't let this stop you. 

Here's something I do, in fact, say regularly, "A problem that can be solved with money that is easily available to you is not a problem, it's an inconvenience." Yes, paying out so much money is going to hurt, no doubt, but if you have it in savings somewhere, use it and GO. And stop feeling bad about a situation YOU did not create!

:auto:

• Like 2

Here's something I do, in fact, say regularly, "A problem that can be solved with money that is easily available to you is not a problem, it's an inconvenience." Yes, paying out so much money is going to hurt, no doubt, but if you have it in savings somewhere, use it and GO. And stop feeling bad about a situation YOU did not create!

:auto:

Totally agree. We often say, "Can we throw money at this problem to make it go away?"😊

• Like 3

What did you decide Camelfeet?

My vent:

People who won't make decisions, and then when I make it, I get second guessing.  :huh:

What did you decide Camelfeet?

My vent:

People who won't make decisions, and then when I make it, I get second guessing.  :huh:

I am shipping my cousin out (Toronto to Dubai).  I know her well and she is a teacher, so bonus points because she will be used to handling kids.  Flight cost was about what I posted.  She arrives in two days.  I'm freaking out about it and can't shake the feeling of guilt at spending so much on something just for me.  Getting a nanny was so tempting because it was cheaper and she would be familiar with the currency and country, but ... if she ditched the kids, hurt them, invited people over, or stole stuff from me while I was in another country I'd never forgive myself.  I would have spent my whole trip worrying.  It was tempting to just cancel, then I wouldn't have the stress of trying to organize stuff on short notice for my kids and cousin. But my spouse encouraged me to go, as the trip is for a friend's wedding, and how often will I be invited to an Indian wedding in India?  Could be once in a lifetime.  

• Like 14

Stupid bookcases that use cheap particle board and cardboard to hold it together!!!!!!

I also hate the particle board type. Been there, done that. The last bookcase I got is metal. I wonder if this will be helpful for your next bookcase? http://www.amazon.com/ORE-International-R597-5-Five-Metal/dp/B003G2ZKQ8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439627441&sr=8-2&keywords=metal+bookcase

I actually am pining after a book trough, and it's even on sale right now but it's not in the budget right now. http://www.landofnod.com/good-read-book-caddy-white/f12185

I am shipping my cousin out (Toronto to Dubai).  I know her well and she is a teacher, so bonus points because she will be used to handling kids.  Flight cost was about what I posted.  She arrives in two days.  I'm freaking out about it and can't shake the feeling of guilt at spending so much on something just for me.  Getting a nanny was so tempting because it was cheaper and she would be familiar with the currency and country, but ... if she ditched the kids, hurt them, invited people over, or stole stuff from me while I was in another country I'd never forgive myself.  I would have spent my whole trip worrying.  It was tempting to just cancel, then I wouldn't have the stress of trying to organize stuff on short notice for my kids and cousin. But my spouse encouraged me to go, as the trip is for a friend's wedding, and how often will I be invited to an Indian wedding in India?  Could be once in a lifetime.  

Oh, you lucky duck!  Go!  Go!  I'm so glad it is working out.  I bet your kids and your cousin will have a great time. 

• Like 1

I also hate the particle board type. Been there, done that. The last bookcase I got is metal. I wonder if this will be helpful for your next bookcase? http://www.amazon.com/ORE-International-R597-5-Five-Metal/dp/B003G2ZKQ8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439627441&sr=8-2&keywords=metal+bookcase

I actually am pining after a book trough, and it's even on sale right now but it's not in the budget right now. http://www.landofnod.com/good-read-book-caddy-white/f12185

I'm building my own, it's about $75 for all the materials I need (except paint because I have some) it will be about 41" high, 31.5" wide and 12" deep :) it's the same amount if not cheaper than a good quality bookcase and I can paint it what ever colors I want. I'm thinking it shouldn't take much longer to put together either after all the pieces are cut and painted.
  • Like 1

To the other kids at something DS is participating in-

This is for all abilities including learn to play.  Everyone one of you is about the same age or well within the age range.  Some of you are just using this as a refresher course but for those who are new- don't treat them like they are a burden, don't make fun of someone being shorter and do not leave your partner because he is taking longer than you.  Some of you will be hitting the real world soon and will be getting a rude awaking.  

Sincerely,

His Mother 

This is DS's first time doing something that is drop off and is not therapy or where I am still there but not near so this has hit him hard that they were so rude.  But he is still wanting to go back.  Slightly funny,  DS commented to me that maybe they needed social skills therapy. :lol:

• Like 1

Being stupid and hoping for somewhat of a year-end bonus like what was promised previously and getting nothing.

Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown hoping that this will be the one time Lucy does not move the ball just before I kick it and I again end up on my back in a daze wondering why I fell for it again.

*plays smallest violin for myself*

• Like 1

I have been cleaning like mad this week and especially this afternoon. Two sets of prospective remters are coming tomorrow morning. I aske DH to complete one task (put away his clothes) while I took dd to theater. I go to finish that room and everything is still sitting there 2 hours later. Argh!

• Like 1

Can I have a in having a sucky day but I don't want to share details vent? Is that allowed?

Absolutely.   :grouphug:

I'll add  :grouphug:  to everyone who has posted on this thread actually.  It's kind of a bummer that there are so many vents out there, but nice to share what we want to of them in a "misery loves company" sort of way (or maybe it just helps with the knowledge that we're all human and doing our best through life even when life isn't as we want it?).  Couple that with the little bit of "feels better" that venting gives us.  But there definitely aren't rules on how much detail needs to be shared IMO.  Join in!

• Like 4

Today ds went to the dentist for a cleaning. I needed my mouth guard adjusted (I was really thinking there was no way to make it more comfortable) so I brought that in. They had already told me I could just bring it in when I brought him, so I didn't have an official appointment.

Anyway, so the dentist is almost done and then drops it and it breaks. I'm partly distracted because ds came in the room and I'm telling him to either sit down or go wait in the lobby. She picks up the piece on the floor and moves it out of my view. She is working behind me. I'm OCD and all I can think is, "dang it. That ends this appointment... " but she comes back to me and says she thinks she can use part of it and rebuild the rest. I offered to come back another time. Next thing I know she says, "open" and timid me I do. I am thinking, "lady, did you clean that off at all?!" and I'm like paralyzed. I don't know what to do or say!! She keeps saying things to me, and I keep stupidly following orders, "open. Bite down." Ugh it was torture. She chiseled the thing down a couple times so I thought, "well... maybe that was the part that touched the floor..." I have had anxiety about it all day. A couple times I made an attempt to address the issue but I couldn't really get a word in edgewise. I finally said at the end of the appointment, "can I rinse my mouth out? I'm kinda OCD..." and hoped she got the hint but I'm sure she didn't. Ick. In the end I didn't even try it on one final time. When she was done I just shoved it in my purse and left. I don't know why I get so paralyzed in these situations. It's like I am more afraid of offending the dentist than my own personal hygiene?! I don't think she even had a way to sanitize it. She did rinse it with regular water once. In the lobby the video on the TV said to use soap to clean it. I always dunk mine in Efferent. But I couldn't do that in the room.

I don't know if I should switch dentists over this. But that really upset me. And finding a dentist is soooo hard for me. I am very picky. I want someone that uses modern technology (eg. digital x-rays) and is in network. There aren't many that fit that description. And of course every time you switch I get a huge pang of anxiety to ask for my old x-ray files. Most places don't want to ask for you because they would rather do their own new ones and I don't want extra radiation. I was so stressed out today. I wanted to look up therapists but it's Saturday.

The only comfort I have is thinking, "well... the baby puts things in her mouth all day long. People in lots of places don't even have dental care. Some people have horrible living conditions. You will be fine." But that doesn't change the fact that I get upset when I see unsanitary things happen in an office I want to trust.

Last week my DS 16 attended a tennis camp for new-ish players at a nice, large, established tennis facility. The college-aged instructor referred to a certain grip as a "reverse cowgirl". DS was surprised, since the last instructor called it something else.

So he googled the term.

:scared:

He won't die, but jeez, that was some bad judgment and totally uncalled for.

Last week my DS 16 attended a tennis camp for new-ish players at a nice, large, established tennis facility. The college-aged instructor referred to a certain grip as a "reverse cowgirl". DS was surprised, since the last instructor called it something else.

So he googled the term.

:scared:

He won't die, but jeez, that was some bad judgment and totally uncalled for.

yikes, did he make that up (in the tennis world)?

• Like 1

Ok, it's always fun when the car you just got back from the shop on Friday breaks down on the road in traffic on Sunday (what we call traffic anyway - not the same word those of you around big cities are defining it as).  It's even double the fun when that particular Sunday is also your birthday.

Kudos to AAA though.  They were out with us within half an hour and towed it back to the shop.  I suppose I should be happy we got a return on our annual investment with them... 

And kudos to a neighbor who came and fetched us giving us a ride back to our house.  I love friendly neighborhood living!

It could have been worse.  Tomorrow we are heading to the big city.  I'm conjuring nightmares of where the car could have died...

But seriously, couldn't it have died BEFORE we put > $500 into it?

• Like 1

I finally uncorked a bottle of wine. And I drank it all by myself. Finished it off in two hours. I really wanted to uncork it around 10am, but I decided to wait until after church, then it was after picking up my son. Until today, I have never had a buzz from alcohol. I've never had that much in one day, let alone in one sitting. I don't think the word "good" should be allowed to describe it. I then went to sleep. After sleeping quite soundly for hours, I was awakened by my dog, and now cannot go back to sleep due to snoring.

Next time,I'll stick to half a bottle...although, I'd rather just lose all of the things that are stressing me out.

My vent is parents that sit on the sidelines of a child's sporting event critizing the volunteer coach.  I am sorry that the team is going to lose the game, but you really should be kind to the one person who stepped up to coach, so your kid could play the sport.  This is an all volunteer organization.

• Like 1

I finally uncorked a bottle of wine. And I drank it all by myself. Finished it off in two hours. I really wanted to uncork it around 10am, but I decided to wait until after church, then it was after picking up my son. Until today, I have never had a buzz from alcohol. I've never had that much in one day, let alone in one sitting. I don't think the word "good" should be allowed to describe it. I then went to sleep. After sleeping quite soundly for hours, I was awakened by my dog, and now cannot go back to sleep due to snoring.

Next time,I'll stick to half a bottle...although, I'd rather just lose all of the things that are stressing me out.

I hope you don't feel too bad tomorrow, and that the stressful list diminishes!