Menu

The Venting Thread

itsheresomewhere

It looks like several of us on here could use a place to vent.  This is a no judgement thread so please respect that.

My vent of the week-

Being late annoys me.  Why is it at homeschooling events/activities do people think it is ok to show up late.  If the thing starts at 12, be there at noon.  Not 12:30/1ish.  Three times this month we have shown up on time and once we were the only ones there until others came a half hour or so later.  I can handle 5 minutes or so because not everyone's clock is the same but this is just nuts.  

• Like 34

I can't start the PT I need for my poor separated abs until I get the order from my midwife co-signed by an MD. Even though my cnm will be the one who admits me to the hospital when I go into labor and she can write other prescriptions, insurance won't cover the PT with just her signature. This is one reason why American healthcare is so expensive.

• Like 3

Oh my! I have a vent - for all my health problems right now, it's the little ones bothering me most.

My weight keeps going up even though I'm strictly on plan. I just feel bloated and awful, and I'm wondering if it is because I reintroduced some low level allergy foods.

Probably on that same note, I'm horribly broken out. Painful cystic acne. I usually have very clear skin but right now it is a nightmare. It might be hormonal, my postpartum cycle seems to be trying to come back, but either way I look and feel terrible. I'm starting to not want to leave the house :(

And my poor husband. I'll leave the details off, but I wish I could share some of his burden :(

I arrived at work today to learn boss changed our hours last week while I was out. I have paid for a program for younger ds this summer based on the hours I thought I was working. Dh and I will juggle mornings for three weeks and the it won't be as bad.

Couldn't boss have at least emailed and by the way these are our new summer hours. Bleah!

• Like 1

i had a super intense dental procedure today in which I was prescribed Valium ahead of time, and it did nothing for me.  I trembled and weeped through the procedure, my hands went numb (an anxiety symptom of mine) and though I felt no pain due to the numbing agent, the rest of the day I felt like a truck ran over me.  Presumably b/c of the emotional upheaval and near panic attack I felt.    Put more simply, my vent is........I HATE dental procedures!

• Like 2

I feel the late homeschooler pain. So exasperating. Someone says event is starting at noon I am there at by 11:55. A total lack of respect for other people's time.

My vent of the day. Dh's chronic illness. I know that certain things are a symptom and not really in his control but knowing that does not make being on the receiving end any easier.

And the economy. This lousy economy. The fact that I am trying to sell anything that is not nailed down to raise funds for uncovered medical expenses and no one wants my stuff. Good stuff. Unless I am willing to sell it for 10¢ on the dollar it won't sell. And sometimes that 10¢ is still more then people want to pay.

My 17 year old know it all ds. Really have not loved 16.5 till now. I don't know where his sense of entitlement comes from but he seems to think he should not have to do anything he doesn't want to do and he should only have to do things on his time table.

My mother.

• Like 1

I have a cold. I believe summer colds should be outlawed.

I suppose it's a good sign that I've reached the whiney stage of recovery.

Me too! And ditto on the whine! I'm so sick of blowing my nose. And DS has a cold too, so he gets dibs on the humidifier. I just have to suffer. Boo. 

My rant is that I really dislike first time homebuyers! We're selling our house and it's at a first time homebuyer size and price point (ie. small and inexpensive). Our feedback is grumping about silly, insignificant things. Or they don't actually read anything in the listing and bring their family of 5 to see our 1000 sq ft 2 bedroom house and then complain that it's too small. The feedback from our latest showing is that our house isn't a house, it's a shack. Um thanks....it's been fully renovated inside and out. New everything, radiant heat flooring, new water heater, all new Andersen 400 windows, recessed lighting, all new kitchen with stainless steel appliances, new he washer and dryer,etc. Nice cherry hardwoods upstairs and ceramic tile downstairs. But it's a shack. OK - good luck finding something else. I've looked. It's not out there....

• Like 6

For what it's worth, your house sounds like a dream. I'm in 1,100 sq ft of living space right now and wish it were smaller!! It's also not remotely as nice as yours sounds. 

I am so over these stupid cheap laminate floors on every floor surface of my house! I mop and mop and scrub the carp out this floor and it still gets dirty in a day!!! And I would buy a lovely floor cleaner that is meant for these floors on the economy but, oh yes, that whole reading-level-of-a-5-yr-old doesn't help. Sigh. Stumbling through a Japanese phrase to ask, then to try to tease out a few words from their rapid-fire answer....I need a Xanax just thinking about it. 

Stop staring at me! Yes, I'm white! Yes, I don't eat rice balls for lunch or take off my shoes to sit on my picnic blanket! Don't pat my blonde, blue-eyed child on the head. She's not a monkey. Yes, I wear pants sometimes. I don't have to look like a 1950's housewife. And stop talking about me in Japanese assuming I don't understand. I'm catching a few of those words, ladies, and they aren't, "What a lovely outfit she has on." 

Whew! I feel better. 

• Like 16

We moved weeks ago and there's still boxes everywhere.  I finally found the measuring cups today.  I still have no idea where the mixing bowls are.  I found the box of pasta but not the pasta sauce...

DH was supposed to have off this week, but work stuff came up at the last minute.  We're now 4/4 for the last few months of him being unable to take off, even days we'd scheduled months in advance  :glare:

For what it's worth, your house sounds like a dream. I'm in 1,100 sq ft of living space right now and wish it were smaller!! It's also not remotely as nice as yours sounds. 

I am so over these stupid cheap laminate floors on every floor surface of my house! I mop and mop and scrub the carp out this floor and it still gets dirty in a day!!! And I would buy a lovely floor cleaner that is meant for these floors on the economy but, oh yes, that whole reading-level-of-a-5-yr-old doesn't help. Sigh. Stumbling through a Japanese phrase to ask, then to try to tease out a few words from their rapid-fire answer....I need a Xanax just thinking about it. 

Stop staring at me! Yes, I'm white! Yes, I don't eat rice balls for lunch or take off my shoes to sit on my picnic blanket! Don't pat my blonde, blue-eyed child on the head. She's not a monkey. Yes, I wear pants sometimes. I don't have to look like a 1950's housewife. And stop talking about me in Japanese assuming I don't understand. I'm catching a few of those words, ladies, and they aren't, "What a lovely outfit she has on." 

Whew! I feel better. 

There was or still is a youtube channel about a woman saying everything you just said.  It was funny.  She had strong words for her flooring and laundry.  

:grouphug:

• Like 1

Last week was very stressful. DD and I were working hard all week to get the house ready for the realtor to come. It's annual renewal time at work and I had a stack 2 feet high of applications to process and checks to deposit. It's the end of the fiscal year and I was working my butt off to get these done and get the money deposited. I handed the finance person the checks and the deposit reports and she WHINED at me. WHINED. You'd think when someone hands you checks and a deposit report that reflects we brought in $46K in two days, you'd be at happy. But no. She whined. 

We had a guy call and demand a copy of transcripts to be overnighted to him. Our receptionist told him the process for requesting records (overnighting them is not part of this process). I called him back and left him a VM explaining the same thing. He called and talked to my boss, who told him the same thing. He faxed his request form, and then proceeded to call several times a day for two days, demanding they be faxed or over nighted. He manipulated (well, he tried to), he wheedled, he "flattered" and all the time, he's wasting my time on his phone calls instead of letting me get my job done. After all that, there were no records for that student--info I faxed to him. He called again, and demanded I OVERNIGHT MAIL the letter I'd JUST faxed to him!  Add to all this nonsense, the Other Secretary took a call from him, had no idea our records release process and proceeded to tell him she'd see that I make an exception of our policies for him! AUGHGHGHGHGHGH. I just about did the crouching tiger/hidden dragon flight over two cubicle walls to punch her in the face. 

I had to send out strongly worded emails to all the schools who are now out of compliance by not having their renewals in on time. I had one particular school actually argue with me about what application was due. I sent her copies of previous emails she'd received and explained numerous times that regardless of how she misunderstood crystal clear communications from us, she was still responsible for getting her stuff in by the due date. She whined and argued and pleaded. I mean, seriously people. You run a vocational school. You collect funds from federal programs, take tuition from students, can't you freeking READ THE RULES regarding what will keep you compliant, since non-compliance will cost you your livelihood?? AUUGHGHGHGH!

And, to tie up the week, the realtor said that while I'm on the right track with getting the house ready, I won't get as much as I was hoping for for it because it's a tiny house with no garage. There's nothing I can do--nothing I need to fix or change--it's just small and will only appeal to a certain demographic. So, she said make it sparkle and shine, make the porch as charming as possible and get most everything out of the rooms to make them as large as possible. I'm disheartened, overwhelmed, tired and have no patience for stupid people. So, I'm almost sorry to admit that when I had to inform a tax prep school that if they don't get their applications in by Friday, they'd be turned over the the attorney general for non-compliance, I actually enjoyed scaring the guy! How mean am I? Today, pretty darned mean! He said he didn't have time to get his paperwork in because they're moving. Oh? Well, we don't have a change of location application in our office from you, either. So, now you're doubly non-compliant! And, once we notify the atty general, the US Dept of Ed will be notified of your non-compliance and so will your accreditors! Take THAT, flippant school owner! HA!

I think I need a vacation. And my house to sell. NOW. 

• Like 2

One of the rental properties we manage cauht on fire today. The renter's giant fishtank accessories overloaded the circuit and burned up the powerstrip and wall. The fire dept. Smashed the window in and now there is extensive water damage. The house is deemed unliveable. These were not ideal tenants and now things are further complicated.

Oh I SO need to vent! I was just about to post this but held off because it doesn't really deserve a thread of it's own.

Anyway! I hate weddings! Yes, really.

I hate that they're so expensive for so many people. I feel like they're completely overdone and stressful and it's all just too much. They're beautiful, and special, yes, but it's all just too much. I had a wedding and I was living at home till I got married and had no income of my own and my parents paid for everything. By the time of the actual wedding, I felt like I'd have saved everyone so much stress if I'd just run off and eloped. And it was just a simple church wedding with no bar and the reception was there in the fellowship hall and the food was very simple.

Two of my brothers are getting married. One is in the military and about to finish up training in one place and be shipped off to another place and he and his fiance have no time or money to plan a wedding but they want to be married so they are doing a quick courthouse thing. He will have a little leave after that and they'll be visiting and everyone will get to meet his new wife and we're all thrilled and excited for him. I don't need to see the actual ceremony, I know what's involved. Spending time with them after they're married when they aren't focused on cutting the cake and dancing and taking pictures and greeting 100 other guests seems much more special.

My other brother isn't actually engaged yet, but very serious about a girl who lives in Europe. They have talked about marriage and the future and already know that they want the wedding to be in Spain. My brother basically told me I had no choice but to attend the wedding either next summer or the summer after. I was kind of flabbergasted that he was insisting and he was flabbergasted that I hadn't already realized that I was going to have to make a trip to Spain to the tune of $2000/ticket times five tickets. I can't afford that now and won't be able to afford that next summer or the summer after. We could start saving I suppose, but really, there are SO many other things that money needs to go to. I have leaky pipes and a leaky roof and a house that needs repainting and carpet that's at least five years overdue for replacing, and on and on and on. We're trying desperately to claw our way out of debt right now and this very brother owes us money I shouldn't have lent him. (Only $200ish so it's not a big deal, but the point is, he doesn't have money either.) I can't afford to go to Spain. Not to mention hotel and food and passports for us all and so on. It's like it hasn't even entered into his head what he's actually asking. For a freaking wedding!

I know they aren't engaged so it's silly to stress about this right now. It's just one of those things... every time I remember the conversation I feel surprised and annoyed about it again.

Oh and just a disclaimer, I totally think it's fine to throw a big wedding, anywhere you like, on the dang moon for all I care, but be graceful about people not attending.

• Like 12

I'm tired of clutter and toys. I'm tired of my children treating their nice, quality things like garbage. I would like them to put their toys and clothes where they should go instead of leaving them around for display.

I work hard at losing weight, and despite slow progress I feel discouraged. Before children I was a size 4. Right now I'm a 14. I know, I know - I carried and birthed 4 children in under 6 years. It will take time to get my figure and health back. But I really want it back. Today, please. Or sooner.

I'm sick of people assuming that if I disagree with them that I'm judging them. I'd like to be able to express myself or give my opinion without fear of offending or starting an argument. No one is exactly the same, thoughts and opinions vary - is that not what makes the world interesting? I'll tell you my thoughts, you tell me yours. It's called conversation. Let's have one and still be friends.

I think the new hot dog pizza from Pizza Hut looks gross. Very very gross.

• Like 11

My rant is that I really dislike first time homebuyers! We're selling our house and it's at a first time homebuyer size and price point (ie. small and inexpensive). 

I think you need to blame House Hunters and HGTV...

Otherwise - to all - I almost hate to say this, but I appreciate this thread.  My personal gripe of the day (or a little more), carpal tunnel surgery today on my dominant hand, doesn't seem nearly as bad after having read what some of you are dealing with.  Can I offer thanks?

• Like 5

My other brother isn't actually engaged yet, but very serious about a girl who lives in Europe. They have talked about marriage and the future and already know that they want the wedding to be in Spain. My brother basically told me I had no choice but to attend the wedding either next summer or the summer after. I was kind of flabbergasted that he was insisting and he was flabbergasted that I hadn't already realized that I was going to have to make a trip to Spain to the tune of $2000/ticket times five tickets. I can't afford that now and won't be able to afford that next summer or the summer after. We could start saving I suppose, but really, there are SO many other things that money needs to go to. I have leaky pipes and a leaky roof and a house that needs repainting and carpet that's at least five years overdue for replacing, and on and on and on. We're trying desperately to claw our way out of debt right now and this very brother owes us money I shouldn't have lent him. (Only $200ish so it's not a big deal, but the point is, he doesn't have money either.) I can't afford to go to Spain. Not to mention hotel and food and passports for us all and so on. It's like it hasn't even entered into his head what he's actually asking. For a freaking wedding!

I hope it is okay to offer a (supportive) opinion for a thread. You do not need to go to Spain to attend his wedding! I would stick to this like glue. Nobody "has" to attend a wedding he or she cannot afford and if the couple can't understand that, well, they will have to stew about it until five years later when some similar expectation befalls them.

Sheesh. I told my brother I could not fly my family halfway accross the country to attend his wedding. *I* attended, and one child came with me, but this was a fact from Day One. Plus, one of my sisters also got married ONE month after my brother! Also out of state. So, yeah, a lot of wedding-related spending within a short time.

• Like 14

I so appreciate this thread. I needed to whine. 

Took the grandkids to the park tonight and a group of three kids were there with grandparents. The kids were loud and pushy and just rude, and the adults screamed at them constantly. So we took the kids to the other playground, and yes, the kids followed us. 

Five minutes at the new playground, the little girl told her grandma that another girl punched her in the ear. Grandma went berserk and told her the girl had no right to punch her.  The girl pointed to the alleged offender and said THERE SHE IS- THE UGLY BLACK GIRL.  The grandma then proceeded to scream at the girl- I was afraid she was going to get physical with the kid. 

Anyway, the grandparents left with the kids and I remembered that the alleged culprit (Who didn't say a word while being yelled at) was there with two  adults- they didn't defend her or anything.  I wonder if it's because the kid knew the adult had already made her mind up about who was wrong...anyway, it was just such an awful scene.  Between the little girl using those words to describe the other girl, the adult screaming at the kid, and the kid not even responding, I was just stunned.   Why didn't I get involved? I thought it would just make it worse. The lady yelled and took her kids home.  If I had said anything, she might have truly gone berserk.  

The little girl wasn't even crying- she was just mad over this 'injustice'. 

I'm just sad that people can't be nice to each other.  Because what I saw tonight makes me think those three kids are going to grow up to be mean adults. And then if they have kids....

I hope it is okay to offer a (supportive) opinion for a thread. You do not need to go to Spain to attend his wedding! I would stick to this like glue. Nobody "has" to attend a wedding he or she cannot afford and if the couple can't understand that, well, they will have to stew about it until five years later when some similar expectation befalls them.

Sheesh. I told my brother I could not fly my family halfway accross the country to attend his wedding. *I* attended, and one child came with me, but this was a fact from Day One. Plus, one of my sisters also got married ONE month after my brother! Also out of state. So, yeah, a lot of wedding-related spending within a short time.

Thanks. He's kind of a selfish person. And very intense, emotional, etc. Honestly, I'm not surprised he's already acting like a bridezilla. ;) At least if he hates me, he'll be in Spain and not glaring at me from across the Thanksgiving table or something. ;)

• Like 2

Thanks. He's kind of a selfish person. And very intense, emotional, etc. Honestly, I'm not surprised he's already acting like a bridezilla. ;) At least if he hates me, he'll be in Spain and not glaring at me from across the Thanksgiving table or something. ;)

This makes me glad that I am technically an only child. Hopefully that came out right.

I grow very weary of attempting to dig out of a hole and it only getting bigger...ya'll know what I mean.

There is progress, but I am unsure of how to continue making progress.

I hate indecision.

• Like 1

I have a whole whine list so just bear with me...

1) teachers who nit pick everything... I have to do discussion questions for A&P and the teacher nitpicks about the content... We assume she wants us to answer the questions she posts but no she wants us to form our answers so they can be discussed well quite frankly some answers can't really be discussed, it is what it is. And she also has us do a bunch of tedious tasks. Yes I understand this is an online class but for pete's sake most of us are non traditional students who have children and other things to do

2) children who whine and don't listen and then whine some more because you raised your voice because obviously they didn't hear you the first 3 times you said something. Children who whine at you for things you can not control like someone not calling them back (Yes I'm referring to dd1).

3) cleaning and cleaning some more because people don't like to pick up after themselves (I would just leave it but it's usually a hazard for dd2)

Ok I think I'm done now and feel a whole lot better :)

A few weeks ago I bought DD13 a new pair of pointe shoes for ballet. They cost over $100 (which is typical for pointe shoes). I spent two to three hours last night sewing on the elastics and ribbons (they come detached, so the dancer can place them exactly where she needs them). There is actually not a huge amount of sewing, but it is tedious and needs to be done exactly right. Before sewing the ribbons on, I had DD try the shoes on to make sure they still fit. After the shoes have been altered, they cannot be returned.

So, yes, you know what's coming. DD came home from her ballet class today and said that the shoes are too small. She can't wear them; they can't be returned; we have to buy a new pair. $100 and hours of sewing down the drain.

• Like 3

Oh, venting, I can do that today. 

1. I have abdominal scar tissue that occasionally hurts. This week it's in a new spot and takes 800 mg of Ibuprofen to take the edge off. It'll stop in a few days. Last night it felt like a charlie horse. 

2. I hate my hair. It's curly and fuzzy and just yucky right now. It never looks consistently good. I'd shave my head if I thought I could feel less self-conscious about it. 

3. I have no idea what I'm doing with the rest of my life. I'm tied to this area because of aging parents. I wouldn't mind grad school, but I'm not sure if it's the right choice. I have 3 more years to finish my BA. I want to move closer to school, but it's not economically possible right now. I don't feel like I fit in anywhere. 

4. The goal I had to work on my writing once ds graduated isn't happening. I'm too busy with school work (taking summer classes) and helping my parents to do any real editing. 

5. I haven't had a vacation since 2009. I wanted to take ds to Colorado this summer, he's never seen the Rockies. Not happening this year. 

Okay, that's probably my quota. 

I appreciate this thread because I can't really think of anything I want to vent or whine about except the limit on likes.  I could whine about DH's job and work hours, but I try really hard NOT to focus on that, or I'd be Negative Nelly 100% of my life - so it's not worth it because it just sucks all the time.  :glare:

• Like 2

I am officially starting month 7 of non-stop antibiotics.  I wonder if I could go in the Guiness Book of World Records or something?   All of my doctors (and yes, I have more than one) do not like using antibiotics unless they are absolutely necessary,  They all agree that it is absolutely necessary.  I take an insane amount of probiotics to help counter the effects of all of this.  I'm going to a naturopathic doctor to help boost my immune system so that hopefully I can be infection free.  Anyway. . . even though I expected that today's check would include a renewal of the antibiotics due to my symptoms, I'm still a bit discouraged to be right about it.  

• Like 3

I woke up to 4" of water in my basement yesterday because my neighbor's sprinkler line broke and filled my window well to the top - about 4-5 feet deep. The water just poured in like a hose. So now, everything that was in my basement is now in my living and dining room, I have 14 industrial fans running 24/7 which will kill my electric bill next month, and my house smells musty.

Because of DH's chronic health condition, all of the moving of stuff, dealing with the neighbors and insurance, and everything else falls on me. I'm just tired right now.

I could echo about half of the vents up above.

I'm still exhausted and sore from over-doing it during the final week of our mega-deadline at work (which ended Saturday).  I slept in way late on Sunday, only to stay up all night Monday, blah.

Clients who send you emails in the morning saying "Can you compile xyz for me?  Sorry for the late notice, but I really need this for a 1pm meeting today."  Once I could understand, but now this is 3 or 4 times in the past several weeks.  :/  I am already busy with other things.

Deadlines.  Blah.

House construction in the pouring rain.  Why is it that the one time I have my house remodeled is the rainiest month of my entire life?  There are leaks in my house, the garage is flooded, and it's mildewing.  I sure hope the builders are going to fix all of this.

My painstakingly developed summer schedule is gone to pot because we aren't going to take that road trip we planned.

A relative calls me weekly to ask for more money.  I don't mind helping, but I feel like this is never gonna end until my kids and I are in the poorhouse.  So I got her a job, and now I get to hear all the problems with that AND give her money.

My house is cluttery and it's getting on my nerves.  When can I take time to clean it up?

I know I'm forgetting something important, but I can't remember what.

Workaholic bosses who think everyone should be just like them.

Perimenopause.

Internet not working in my home office.

Cutting wisdom teeth at 48.

Stressful conference call coming up tomorrow.  Ugh.

I'd better go to bed and rebuild my energy.

So, yes, you know what's coming. DD came home from her ballet class today and said that the shoes are too small. She can't wear them; they can't be returned; we have to buy a new pair. $100 and hours of sewing down the drain.

At our studio, the owner does the fitting. After a shoe is chosen the girls are supposed to so the ribbons. The girls have dental floss (stronger than thread) and needles in their bags. Hopefully your dd can learn how to do this.

In a year or two when your dd's foot stops growing, keep track of the preferred brand and give sizes (vamp, hardness, width, etc) and you may be able to find your dd's shoes from discount supply, which is what I do.

I'm sorry for your current pain of time and money!

• Like 2

I am officially starting month 7 of non-stop antibiotics.  I wonder if I could go in the Guiness Book of World Records or something?   All of my doctors (and yes, I have more than one) do not like using antibiotics unless they are absolutely necessary,  They all agree that it is absolutely necessary.  I take an insane amount of probiotics to help counter the effects of all of this.  I'm going to a naturopathic doctor to help boost my immune system so that hopefully I can be infection free.  Anyway. . . even though I expected that today's check would include a renewal of the antibiotics due to my symptoms, I'm still a bit discouraged to be right about it.  

I am sorry Jean.  Rowan is on month 16 of non-stop IV meds too, and now weekly bicillin injections.  Chronic illnesses suck. :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1

I have a between the legs skin rash that is SOOOOOOO itchy and I don't know how to treat it.

Also, I got my first "I hate you" from a kid. She's 7. It's because I made her turn off the TV.  Seriously?

My husband and my biggest summer fights have to do with temperature in the house in the evening.  The last 2 nights I have been roasting and sweating buckets (thank's mid 40's!) and he's comfortable.  After spending his days in a climate controlled office that requires a sweater.  Tonight might result in a temper tantrum from me. 

My father died very suddenly in April.  It still sucks!  My mom is starting to turn stuff around and get organized though so that's good.  She's only in her 60's and is in pretty good health so I really want her to find her way.

I want my DD to earn some money this summer. She "is trying" but not very hard. Now she is acting a bit hopeless because there are only two months before she goes to college, so "nobody" is looking for help that short-term. (Yes...which is what I said in April/may when I rec'd that she secure a job before summer actually began.) She filled out a Care. Com profile and got a few leads, but the only one that seems to be seriously pursuing her is a job that I feel is suspicious. The person is being vague about how the payment will work and hasn't answere specific questions DD asked her about exact location (lady just keeps saying "city") and some details of what the lady wants to be performed (didn't aswer questions about whether the fridge is empty or full of spoiled food - uninhabited appartment, etc.)

Anyway, the slightly funny thing about it is that I want to say, "Honey, a job is not just going to land in your lap while you think about it," but when I was young, nearly all of my jobs did land in my lap! I was not pounding the pavement in search of work, either, but jobs came my way by word-of-mouth in every case but one.

First of all,  :grouphug: to everyone. 

Money-what more is there to say?

If I want to lose more weight, I will have to go practically zero carb, so I have decided to be content with my ten pound loss, and try to maintain with moderate low carb and carb cycling.

Money-again.

I really believe I have adult onset ADD. Constantly distracted and can't stick to tasks.

I spent two hours cleaning yesterday, and dh found something negative to comment on.

Food- I am thankful that we are fortunate to have what we need. I just wish the two picky people in my family were not picky about different things. What one likes, the other doesn't. I am tired of "What's for dinner?" Then knowing someone will likely be unhappy about it. If I ever live alone, I will eat yogurt, sandwiches, and super easy, simple foods. No more meal planning and cooking.

Dd keeps getting sick with a sore throat. Off to the Dr. with her this afternoon.

When I wake up in the morning, I am still tired. 

• Like 1

Here are mine:

Money

People who are late all. The. Time.

People who try to get others to do the scut work so they can get the best work

Swim parents with more money than sense

Swim parents who think fast times "magically" happen

Swim parents who think their kids work hard just because they drop them off at practice

(Can you tell I just came home from a meet?)

Mean girls and social media

Money

Money

Money

• Like 3

Being bored.

I knew today would be problematic due to yesterday's carpal tunnel surgery on my dominant hand.  That went well and this hand doesn't hurt as much as the other did back in Jan, but it's still letting me know I can't do much more than light typing/mousing and I get way too bored watching TV.

I am smart enough not to use painkillers as I know I'd overdo it on them.

I also made sure hubby went out working in the field today so I wouldn't continually bother him.

I've been walking, watching the morning news, and testing my limits with some things around the house (not such a good thing probably).  I can see a bunch of things I wish I could do.  That doesn't help.

I've never been good with boredom.

Hopefully the Hive is entertaining today!

• Like 1

The last couple of months have been a crap fest of expensive issues.

• cat died of lymphoma
  • car accident 
  • dishwasher broke, flooded the kitchen, destroyed the flooring and cupboards.   
  • kids summer activities
  • broken arm

I still need to replace tires and a battery in one car.  The kitchen is 90% back running.  We've been eating out and it's killing the budget.  I have family that's wondering why we don't have money.

I do not function well on not enough sleep and the last two nights my 14 month old has not let me sleep but for a couple hours. I am exhausted and so irritable. And we just got back from being gone for a week where everyone was running on too little sleep. I just want to SLEEP!!!!

My favorite professor is leaving. I think some of my classmates and I  went into mourning today.

When I was in college, my favorite professor retired. I was heartbroken. He was mean and strict and complements were very few and far between and I valued his input so much. I wanted to take every class I could with him and halfway through my degree, he was gone. And the guy they replaced him with, frankly, was a total idiot I barely learned a thing from.

So :grouphug:  to you.