Menu

Free lifetime membership to Lessontrek...not sure how long it lasts

BatmansWife

I would have posted sooner...but I just found out about it.  You can get a lifetime membership for free...today only.

https://www.lessontrek.com/signup

Step 1: the first of 3 options should already be blue...the 14 day free trial (choose that one)

Step 2: add your e-mail and choose a password

Step 3: name and referral code.  The code is FFL15 

Step 4: confirm

I haven't had time to really look at this yet...I wanted to post right away so others can get a chance before the deal ends.  

If anyone is using this already, or looks it over before or after signing up...please share any helpful info on how to use it. 

ETA: I changed my title...which originally said Sunday 6-28 only.  That's what I was told by someone else who shared the link.  Apparently it's still working as of 6-30.  So, try it and see if it still works.  

• Like 3

Still working... but I have no clue what it is I just signed up for lol  I guess I should go look over what is there, huh?

When I saw you posted, I worried you were going to chew me out for not telling you about it and that the deal was over.  I forgot to PM you about it....oops!  Whew...glad it's still worked for you.  

Honestly, I don't have a clue what it's about it either.  I still haven't had time to check it out.  

The person that shared the code with me on FB said the code was good for the first 10,000 people who used it.

I signed up for it, but I haven't had much chance to look it over...at first glance it looked like it had even less functionality than the free basic version of HST, but they have plans to add more to it.

• Like 1

Thanks! I used the code last night. I tried it out a little bit. It doesn't have all of the functions I would like (scheduling sequential lessons automatically, scheduling combined lessons, adding holidays etc) but for free I can't complain. I have homeschool planet and cancelled it since I like to print out the lessons after I fill them in and I didn't like the way homeschool planet printed. I didn't like the printout with homeschool tracker. This one prints out like a regular planner which is nice. Hopefully eventually they will add the other features. 

ETA: Just wanted to share how I am using it. It has a copy and paste feature for the week so if your weeks are similar you can copy it. I put in our basic schedule and I am going to copy and paste it for the whole year then go back and add specific page numbers, lessons etc. I also added subjects like math, language arts etc then under assignments I put the specific curriculum like phonetic zoo, iew and analytical grammar under language arts. Once you add the subject you can pick which assignments from the drop down menu and you can write under the assignments specific pages or lessons. I'm liking so far they just need to add the extra features I mentioned above. 

• Like 3

Picture? Pretty please?

Thanks! I used the code last night. I tried it out a little bit. It doesn't have all of the functions I would like (scheduling sequential lessons automatically, scheduling combined lessons, adding holidays etc) but for free I can't complain. I have homeschool planet and canceled it since I like to print out the lessons after I fill them in and I didn't like the way homeschool planet printed. I didn't like the printout with homeschool tracker. This one prints out like a regular planner which is nice. Hopefully eventually they will add the other features.

ETA: Just wanted to share how I am using it. It has a copy and paste feature for the week so if your weeks are similar you can copy it. I put in our basic schedule and I am going to copy and paste it for the whole year then go back and add specific page numbers, lessons etc. I also added subjects like math, language arts etc then under assignments I put the specific curriculum like phonetic zoo, iew and analytical grammar under language arts. Once you add the subject you can pick which assignments from the drop down menu and you can write under the assignments specific pages or lessons. I'm liking so far they just need to add the extra features I mentioned above.

I have played with it a little bit and may use it for scheduling logistics - it can replace my spreadsheet that basically works the same way and I like having rainbow colored schedules.  But I lost steam when I realized I would have to make all the same subjects for the second child instead of being able to copy and paste from another child, lol.

It's very simple and maybe there are big plans in the works -- I can't imagine paying their price for what is currently available.

• Like 1

I have played with it a little bit and may use it for scheduling logistics - it can replace my spreadsheet that basically works the same way and I like having rainbow colored schedules.  But I lost steam when I realized I would have to make all the same subjects for the second child instead of being able to copy and paste from another child, lol.

It's very simple and maybe there are big plans in the works -- I can't imagine paying their price for what is currently available.

I sent them a suggestion asking them to allow me to copy lessons and/or subjects to multiple students, maybe if enough people suggest improvements it will be a really good program. You can just click the "feedback" button at the top of the screen to make a suggestion.

• Like 1

I have played with it a bit but I am sticking with Scholaric. For a couple bucks Scholaric gives me what I need. Tracking of hours, rescheduling, adding sequence of lessons at one time and duplicate posting for multiple students. Girls access it through their tablets through out the day to check off things as they are done or to go over notes I have on lessons.

• Like 1

I am an old school HST+ user on my laptop not online. I would migrate over because I would lose too many things I like. However, given I have lifetime access, and they are continuing to develop Lessontrek. Maybe later on. I will wait and keep checking in. At some point, I will be forced to move when HST+ is no longer compatible with future operating system changes...and I don't want to shell out that much money every year yet.

• Like 1

I had a trial for this once before, and while it was good, it didn't work for me at the time. I was able to get the lifetime membership yesterday, and it's working a lot better for me now. I created each of the kids their own student profiles, and then a separate profile for Group Subjects. I found that combining all the kids into one profile, along with the group stuff, was just way too much on my screen. I didn't want to have to scroll. It works so well this way and I think I will definitely continue using it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...