Menu

What is your middle schooler reading this summer?

Harry Potter is our all time favorite Percy Jackson is the 2nd fav, and Warrier is her 3rd all time fav.

She read To Kill Mockingbird, Fahrenheit 451 at my urging. 

She read Half Bad, Wild Child, Steadfast, Spellcaster   Sorceress all of her choosing.

She used to love reading but not so much anymore.....very sad. The only reason she reads at all as she has "technology" free time so she reads.

Dd10 is into the Oz books. She read all 14? of them this year, some of them multiple times.  Also, A Little Princess and The Secret Garden and Mr. Popper's Penguins.

Dd12 reads so fast, I almost never see her with the same book for more than an hour or two.  Her comprehension scores on the Stanford were a bit low last year, so I was a little concerned that she wasn't understanding what she read.  However, when we got to that section of the test this year, she looked at me with a quizzical expression and asked if she was really allowed to look back at the reading passages while answering the questions. :huh:   I guess that answers the questions about her scores last year.   :lol:   Anyway, she has recently read some of the Anne (of Green Gables) books, books by Gail Carson Levine, The View from Saturday, From the Mixed-Up Files of What's-Her-Name, and Madeleine L'Engle books.

Ds14 reads mostly non-fiction -- almost anything about history.  His lit this year was American Lit.  Some favorites (some mine, some his):  The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Bernice Bobs Her Hair, Rappaccini's Daughter, Pudd'nhead Wilson.

DS1 is reading all of these Minecraft related books that he just found on our Kindle.  Diary of a _____ (fill in the Minecraft character).  They are short, maybe 40 pages? And he reads 3-4 a day.  I think he's almost exhausted all of the titles.  I'm going to have him try and write his own when he finishes.

• 1 month later...

What books is your dd reading? I'd love to find more French titles that might appeal to my kids.

Thanks!

http://www.livredepochejeunesse.com/spip.php?page=fiches-pedagogiques&classe=4

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_3?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A8407466011%2Ck%3AComtesse+de+segur&keywords=Comtesse+de+segur&ie=UTF8&qid=1441138615&rnid=2941120011

And leveled readers like Jardin de Lettres and Terre de Lettres

• Like 1