Menu

First some background: I may have ADD - I've never been diagnosed, but reading the book Women and ADD confirmed a lot of things I've been struggling with since I was a child.  

I'm looking to organize my life all in one place. I need to see everything at once, but at the same time I need a long to-do list as I need to be specific in each task. Ideally, I'd have a monthly, weekly, AND two-page-a-day daily planner, lol. I already own a Franklin Covey leather binder I'd like to use. It's in Classic size, which needs 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 paper refills. 

I homeschool two children, but eventually three, and thankfully don't need to keep my husband's appointments or schedules. He's in charge of the family finances as well. I'm a beginning freelance writer who wants to write magazine articles. I want one planner to cover all three areas of my life:

-homeschooling

-writing, and

-household (children's schedules, family appointments, cleaning and chores, etc.)

The good news is, I plan my homeschooling separately - I have Mac Pages and Keynoter for that. The only thing my daily paper planner would need to do in the homeschooling department is to be a repository for daily journaling about our days. Thus I need note pages. Ideally wide lined/wide ruled, but I may be in fools' paradise on that one  :001_rolleyes:

If you have been reading this whole time, I appreciate it, and sorry - but I've been looking for hours upon hours before I came here, and I really need to get my act together. My iPhone is not cutting it - I keep separate lists and only see what's on the top, so as a result I don't remember. My phone would be ringing all day long since I need reminders for literally everything (alarms), and I'm starting to ignore them. They're also very annoying for everyone else living with me..!

Here's what I want:

- Monthly planning pages

- Weekly overview of tasks

- Either an included or available as an add-in weekly schedule overview where I can see each child's schedule with my own

- Two-pages-a-day and/or a long daily to-do and checklist with plenty of space plus separate note pages daily

- Weekly or daily inspirational quotes

- Aesthetically pleasing, which in my case is no cutesy cartoons or flowery or too girly - I like gorgeous eye-popping color and pictures of nature

- All to fit a Franklin Covey Classic binder in dark brown distressed leather (5.5 x 8.5 pages)

Am I asking for too much here? If this exists and you know about it, please don't keep it a secret and share with me!

Thank you!

This may not be what you're looking for, but I have a bullet journal. You select your own notebook (I have a moleskine gridded one) and set it up to suit your needs. I've used it more consistently than any other planner I've ever had. Some people buy notebooks with removable filler paper but mine is bound. There are threads here about bullet journals and tons of info on the web by googling bullet journal or BuJo. Pinterest has a lot of stuff, and there are Facebook groups.

Here's the original video about it, but there are a zillion different ways to set them up. I made a month by month yearly calendar in mine. Some do weekly spreads, or both. You can use tabs to find sections more easily. The index is also very helpful. It can be whatever you need it to be.

http://bulletjournal.com/

*ETA: of course the drawback is that you have to set it up yourself, but I consider that a strength as well because you can make it to suit your own needs.

• Like 2

Etsy has a lot of planner pages and printable planner pages if you want to customize.

Yes, and there are lots of free planner pages out there. You can incorporate these into a bullet journal...or just your own binder. I know donnayoung.org used to have printable planner pages but I haven't visited her site for a while.

• Like 1

Hmm.. I can see myself using the bullet journal style maybe in a decade lol - but right now I need the structure that a Franklin Covey or Etsy type planner would provide. Off to check out more forms - and Franklin's own.

• Like 1

Does Filofax have the same ring configuration as your binder? There are a lot of Filofax users out there. 

Also I second Donna Young. She has so many printable pages.

I've been on a planner kick, although I don't think I'll switch over... I'm loving looking at pictures of gorgeous Filofax, Midori and Erin Condren planners. It's sort of like planners combined w/scrapbooking. If you need more search terms and rabbit holes to go down. :)

Clean Mama has some neat looking printable pages too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips! I really like this lady's pages too - check out the printables.

http://scatteredsquirrel.com/printable/

I ended up going with the traditional Franklin Covey Seasons refills plus starter pack. Early in the morning (around 4:30 AM) my hubby's phone rang and my overactive mind devised a way to use my planner in just the way that fits me. At least I think it is..! 

I ordered this in Classic size:

http://franklinplanner.fcorgp.com/store/buy/FranklinCovey-Exclusives-Planners/Seasons-Ring-bound-Daily-Planner-/prod410172/

It's two pages per day, pretty, has inspirational quotes, and I'm adding a page finder pouch insert (I'm creating my own :w00t: )with a weekly overview - I can't wait for everything to get here!  :drool:

Oh yes, I think I've caught planning fever. It's bad.

• Like 2

I no longer use the Franklin system (I've found that the Bullet Journal system works best for me) but I love the design you chose.  When I was using the Franklin system, it was a lot of pale, pastel choices.   It's nice to see they've realized that some people like bright colors!

Take advantage of your planning fever and enjoy your new pages!!