Menu

SCOTUS backs marriage equality!

go_go_gadget

No celebrating in our small town. :( The Justice of the Peace is refusing to officiate ALL marriages (since it only says he "may" in the wording of his duties, not he "will"). The town clerk refuses to issue licenses until they get one that has different wording for "husband" and "wife", sticking to the letter of the law herself.

Are they necessarily going to change that? When my husband and I got married in CA in 2013, we could choose which designations we'd each have, and both were options for each of us. We went with husband for him and wife for me, but we could have swapped, or both been husbands/wives. The clerk just asked us which one to put in each of the respective fields and it was all good.

• Like 1

Luanne, I really try to overlook some of the unkind things you say, because we all get frustrated at times, and I think you've had some tough and unfair times in your life. But still, some of your remarks are beyond the pale. I also wonder why you seem to get a pass at saying such cruel things, when others get their similar remarks deleted and their hands slapped.

STOP.

No one is getting a pass.

I am moderating today. I have so many reports that I can't read them all fast enough.

Stop calling each other names, and GIVE THE MODERATION A BREAK. I'm getting to each report as soon as I'm able.

And there are a number of you who are making this board a spectacle. If this doesn't get better, I'm shutting it down for 24 hours.

I mean it. This is worse than a presidential election. And there is even less civility, which I barely thought possible.

SWB

To return to the original topic:

I just heard from the family member whose wedding I hope to be attending, in his home state instead of in the closest state that had legal SSM. Just thinking about this wonderful young man as a small child, a teen, now an adult able to be who he is with who he loves...

It makes me teary-eyed. And so happy!

• Like 15

I am delighted with the marriage equality ruling.  I truly did not think it would happen during my lifetime. 

Same here.  I can't help but hope more positive change gonna come. :)

• Like 3

Same here.  I can't help but hope more positive change gonna come. :)

A Change Is Gonna Come 

I was born by the river

In a little tent

And just like the river

I've been running ever since

It's been a long, long time coming

But I know a change gonna come

Oh, yes it will

It's been too hard living

But I'm afraid to die

I don't know what's up there beyond the sky

I go to the movie and I go downtown but