Menu

Easy supper ideas?

LifeLovePassion

My mind always goes to "breakfast" suppers, soups, and hot sandwiches / flatbreads. Also, some skillets (usually involving soup).

Round 1:

- Pancakes and sausage/bacon/ham

- Canned tomato soup with cheese, possibly lunch meat, crackers, pickles or cold veggies

- Grilled cheese (and meat?) sandwiches with salad.

- Ground beef "hamburger helper" style skillet: add water, dry noodles (or frozen cooked barley) simmer until cooked, then canned 'cheese soup' and chopped fresh tomatoes. Serve with a green veg.

Round 2:

- Scrambled eggs and toast

- Canned mushroom soup with lunch meat, crackers, pickles or cold veggies

- Oven 'mini pizza' on pita bread with salad.

- Tacos

I've been making these loaded nachos lately - brown a pound of ground beef, add drained can of black beans, can of diced tomatoes, bag of frozen peppers and onions and taco seasonings of your choice. Then put on tortilla chips, top with cheese and microwave or bake just to melt cheese. Serve with avocado. 

I do a very simple red beans with rice. I start with canned kidney beans and add a little water and creole seasoning. Add in sausage like kielbasa although I use turkey sausage. Serve over rice.

We also like black bean soup. Again, canned black beans and water. I add in leftover chicken or pork chops, and sometimes frozen shrimp. I also use creole seasoning in this.

I buy prepared creole seasoning. I'm not sure what spices that might be, but I'm sure someone here could tell you if you were interested in these dishes.

Baked Potatoes

(Frozen) Meatballs in the crockpot - use with pasta one night and in subs another

Deli Spread - put out a few types of sliced meat, sliced cheeses, crackers, and raw veggies

Chinese takeout :)

Hope you feel better soon.

Tuesday: Baked salmon with steamed broccoli on the side  (this is exactly what I'm making for dinner tonight, in fact)

Wednesday: Pasta with butter and cheese with a salad and green beans on the side

Thursday: Steak or lamb or pork chops with coleslaw, mashed potatoes, and peas.

Friday: Baked potatoes with bacon and broccoli and a salad on the side

Saturday: Lentils and raisins with rice and with spinach and potatoes on the side.

That's all fairly simple, and other than Thursday's extravaganza it's fairly inexpensive as well.

I buy prepared creole seasoning. I'm not sure what spices that might be, but I'm sure someone here could tell you if you were interested in these dishes.

Prepared seasonings are mostly salt and glutamates (natural or not). You can make your own with paprika, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, and a little cayenne. And salt, of course.