Menu

Book a Week 2015 - BW25: Summer is here!

Robin M

I had wondered where you were in Johannes Cabel. The one part I really disliked is coming up for you really soon. The book finds itself again after being a bit extreme imo so keep reading and you will end up liking it again. I actually went on the holds list for the next one.

The Infatuations was interesting. I thought some of her theorizing went on a bit long but at the same time it was well done. I had been happily reading a chapter or two at a time but it was going to be removed from my kindle this morning and I didn't want to have to keep my wifi off so I finished it. To be honest I thought the ending was poor. The light dawns and you do nothing. Nothing, really. No fear, no reporting (I admit that would be difficult) but some reaction seemed needed. While disliking the ending I did like the sort of twist. Yes I had figured it out but was glad when she did.

Are my answers ambiguous enough? ;)

Lol. Hmm on J. Cabal. I need to get back into reading mode!

Ikwym on The Infatuations. I found her (the character's) musings intelligent but verbose. Really verbose. To me the ending was in line with it being a European book, in my opinion anyway, if that makes sense. Didn't necessarily like (or dislike) or agree (or disagree) with the ending, but not sure I can really picture a different one given the situation & the characters. I guess it fit but seemed a bit anticlimactic?

Got a B&N gift card for part of my birthday, so I had fun deciding what to get. Just placed my order for:

The Art of Forgery: The Minds, Motives and Methods of the Master Forgers by Noah Charney

Tail Of The Blue Bird by Nii Ayikwei Parkes

Good Morning Comrades by Ondjaki

• Like 5

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic