Menu

What is your opinion of "shhhhh!"?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of "shhhhh!"?

• Own and glad I do
    • Own but find it useless
    • Don't own but have considered
    • Don't own and have no desire to do so.
    • Other (always!)

I've been hoping the urge to post this poll would pass (oooh, nice alliteration!). I was dared to "go for it" by a fellow member last night, when I shared my secret with her. I chickened out. Tonight, boldness strikes! I am going where no [wo]man has gone before. Or actually, where many may have gone, but few admit. :lol:

Remember, people -- THIS IS AN ANONYMOUS POLL. All we have to do is bump it up (oh, goodness, so much inuendo) so that it doesn't just die a slow, painful death. If you are willing to elaborate, by all means do so.

I'm looking for opinions on (whispers) bedroom toys (bedroom, playroom...wherever you are when the mood strikes). You know...the sort of adult toys that start with a "v"...or a "d"...depending, and generally require batteries. I don't have one. I'm slightly inclined to try one (ack...what happens when I meet you IRL?? :blink:).

I figure if nothing else, this might help lighten the mood around here (here meaning HERE, the boards, but also here, my home). I'm polling the largest source of folks I know because I am truly unsure whether it's worth it to pursue owning this "resource" or not. What do you think? Does it work for you? Does it not? Or do you never care to know?

Thank you for being willing to...er...humor me. I mean, we're all adults right? Hiding now and hoping the system can handle the sudden influx of "IGNORE" buttons being pushed.

:leaving:

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doran, we're about to redo our kitchen and we've been talking about all the cool things we could do to upgrade.

For example, we once lived in a house with instant hot water. We were so excited about that feature when we moved in, and we made several cups of hot tea with it right off the bat, but it soon lost its allure. So we won't be investing in another instant hot water tap.

It's a lot like that. ;)

I own a Hitachi Magic Wand. Here is a wiki description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitachi_Magic_Wand and here is a picture: http://www.hitachi-magic-wand.com/shop/HitachiMagicWand/ . I don't know how to do imbedded links, sorry. I don't own any attachments nor would I see any need to. I'll be glad to answer any specific questions or you can PM me if you want. :blush:

I'll admit it, I own one and use it regularly.

Phlox

I do, too. It's part of my healthy lifestyle, vitamins, water, plenty of sleep and nutritious food, exercise, lotion on dry spots, prayer and meditation, stress management, and the O. Keeps a mommy happy and calm.

I don't anything with batteries, but I do have a nice collection of, um, massage tools. ;) Do those count? :D

I know I'm going to offend people here but dh and I always laugh when we see those things advertised as great neck massagers. Umm, yeah that's what their for. :D

Doran, we're about to redo our kitchen and we've been talking about all the cool things we could do to upgrade.

For example, we once lived in a house with instant hot water. We were so excited about that feature when we moved in, and we made several cups of hot tea with it right off the bat, but it soon lost its allure. So we won't be investing in another instant hot water tap.

It's a lot like that. ;)

For us it was more like having hot water. Can't imagine living in a house without it. ;)

I just recently went to a pure romance party that my best friend hosted. It was so much fun!!! Yes, I made a couple of purchases. DH and I have been very pleased with what I bought. :D Pun intended.

I haven't been to one of those parties in years and years. I love that there are Christian sites for this kind of thing and books for a healthy "love" life, too.

You know, those things just look so ridiculous to me and oddly creepy. I must not have the right catalog. :biggrinjester:

I've seen them advertised in Lillian Vernon. I kid you not. And in those newspaper inserts. They must do an excellent job of getting the kinks out people's necks.;)

Oh God, I can't believe I'm answering this! But I guess I've revealed much more personal stuff here! (If I ever reveal my weight, I can never come back!!)

Yes, I own one--a friend talked me into it after dh left, and it was too expensive for my poor self to throw out. Keep in mind, he left 5 years ago, was cheating two years before, and our sex life was dead for the last year he was here, and not great for a while before that. Even then, tried it a handful of times, and just wasn't close to the real thing--don't like it, don't use it.

Of course, I did start on Celexa right after he left, and that can cut down on your sex drive, so maybe that had something to do with it. ;) But I'm on 1/4 of the smallest pill you can take, so I think I'm just used to it (I don't date, at all--no interest while my dd is this young).

So, I found it a waste of a lot of money. But that is me. If I had the real thing here, I never would have bothered.

But then, I have friends who are married who say they cannot do without it, especially for, um, oral, stuff (don't know what I can say here).

Does that help?

Now everyone, forget what I said! Please?

I own a Hitachi Magic Wand. Here is a wiki description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitachi_Magic_Wand and here is a picture: http://www.hitachi-magic-wand.com/shop/HitachiMagicWand/ . I don't know how to do imbedded links, sorry. I don't own any attachments nor would I see any need to. I'll be glad to answer any specific questions or you can PM me if you want. :blush:

That does look like a good one for true massage. Now do you have one that is waterproof for the tub??? It seems that cord could be a safety hazard. :lol:

Well I hate to say it, but I do enjoy being intimate with dh and he tries hard, but I just can't *O* unless I use a vibrator. It's just the way my body is made. Heck, I didn't even have an *O* until I was probably 27. Trust me, if you aren't *O*, you need to be. You don't have to use a vibrator like you use your dh's "dong" For me, it's more stimulation on the outside, not the inside that counts.

I do, too. It's part of my healthy lifestyle, vitamins, water, plenty of sleep and nutritious food, exercise, lotion on dry spots, prayer and meditation, stress management, and the O. Keeps a mommy happy and calm.

...your private message box is full. :D

I know I'm going to offend people here but dh and I always laugh when we see those things advertised as great neck massagers. Umm, yeah that's what their for. :D

Ack! Aren't they? Dh and I both got each other (unknowingly) those things for Christmas. Maybe I answered the poll wrong...I think my massager is actually in my bedside table!

I went to my first Passion Party a couple months ago, and I left feeling like the only one in the world who *doesn't* own one. The consultant couldn't believe that I didn't own any, and that I didn't want to get one.

Now, for more personal info.....

My dh and I have a very active and very satisfying "business". I have no complaints :D I think I'm a very lucky woman in that its not hard for me to hmm...how do I put this delicately? Accomplish my tasks?? :blush: Now, if this weren't the case, I'd probably look into one. Like someone said earlier in the thread, a relaxed, satisfied momma is a happy momma. :tongue_smilie:

We do use enhancement-type things for flavor, but no gadgets.

Okay, I can't believe I just typed this out on a message board :eek:

And of course, the one time I choose to respond a personal question, my dh comes up next to me and says, "Whatcha typing?" :ack2:

Back to lurking I go.....

Okay, I answered not interested. The idea just really does not appeal to me and never has, not that I think there's anything wrong with it. Personally I do not like anything that vibrates--you know, like the actual back massagers. It's a horrible, horrible feeling to me. It rattles my bones anywhere else and I can't imagine how it would feel there. Ew, I just shudder to think about that. I guess it's just another one of my hang ups. I do realize there are some that do different things or do not vibrate, but it is still very unappealing to me. I'd rather be creative and add the spice in other ways. There are plenty of other ways. This one just seems artificial to me. Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby. There ya go, just my personal preference. As I said, nothing wrong with it. Whatever... Well, never mind:blush:

BTW, did anyone else look at this thread right after Mrs. Readsalot's thread about needing a hobby? I'm going to giggle about that all night long.:lol:

They are a nice diversion for occasional use and not as expensive as hot water on tap.

Check out Good Vibrations, a tasteful employee-owned cooperative business, that will not share your address with other adult vendors. They are located in San Francisco but are primarily a mail order company.

That does look like a good one for true massage. Now do you have one that is waterproof for the tub??? It seems that cord could be a safety hazard. :lol:
Well it is good for many things but you definitely can not use it in a bath tub. I have been thinking about one of those hand held shower messagers though. You know, to more thoroughly clean all those pieces parts. :tongue_smilie:

BTW, did anyone else look at this thread right after Mrs. Readsalot's thread about needing a hobby? I'm going to giggle about that all night long.:lol:

Calling it a "hobby" might render it an entirely different topic. Dunno. Maybe they really are that good for some folks.

"So, Doran, what do you like to do in your spare time...?"

:smilielol5:

I went to my first Passion Party a couple months ago, and I left feeling like the only one in the world who *doesn't* own one. The consultant couldn't believe that I didn't own any, and that I didn't want to get one.

Now, for more personal info.....

My dh and I have a very active and very satisfying "business". I have no complaints :D I think I'm a very lucky woman in that its not hard for me to hmm...how do I put this delicately? Accomplish my tasks?? :blush: Now, if this weren't the case, I'd probably look into one. Like someone said earlier in the thread, a relaxed, satisfied momma is a happy momma. :tongue_smilie:

We do use enhancement-type things for flavor, but no gadgets.

Okay, I can't believe I just typed this out on a message board :eek:

And of course, the one time I choose to respond a personal question, my dh comes up next to me and says, "Whatcha typing?" :ack2:

Back to lurking I go.....

Gotta love it! :lol:

Isn't that what a dh is for? ;)

Ditto.:001_smile:

I had your experience several years ago also. A friend talked me into buying one. Dh was jealous, he learned and very quickly, exactly how to please me and now I don't need it. I even threw it away.

I'm curious, though, for Christain ladies, is this biblical? I've always felt like it wouldn't be "proper" (for lack of a better word). Boy do I feel like a prude.:blush:

Not interested in batteries... holy over stimulation Batman... but I have been flirting with a battery-free product. The products on this page are a bit racier than the products already posted, so fair warning if you choose to click on the link. It's the all blue one about 3/4 of the way down the page (the River).

I had your experience several years ago also. A friend talked me into buying one. Dh was jealous, he learned and very quickly, exactly how to please me and now I don't need it. I even threw it away.

I'm curious, though, for Christain ladies, is this biblical? I've always felt like it wouldn't be "proper" (for lack of a better word). Boy do I feel like a prude.:blush:

This Christian Website is wonderful http://themarriagebed.com/

Oh, yes. Anything a couple does just together in the sanctity of their bedroom is fine as long as they are both consenting and not demeaned.

I don't think its un-Christian. I'm Catholic even, they of the "no m***tion" rule. Its not for that (not that it couldn't be, of course) its for US, together.

Its impossible for me to, uh...ya know...without direct stimulation to...well, you know...so the vibrating doo-hickey is a God send. I am pretty sure He wants me to enjoy that part of my marraige, and the Vibrating Wonder adds quite a bit! DH loves it, too- he isn't threatened! He's *happy* because it was so dang hard for him before to get me to...well, ya know.

I'm not even embarassed to share all that, really. I'm an adult, married, and by golly, we'll use a vibrator if we want to! :tongue_smilie: