Menu

x-post: Where did you buy diploma, cap & gown, and so on?

katilac

x-post: Where did you buy diploma, cap & gown, and so on for your graduate? 

I'm not having trouble locating places, but was hoping for some recent reviews. 

cross posting to college in case all of the parents of recent graduates have fled the h/s board

thanks! 

We used homeschooldiploma . com.  It is absolutely beautiful.   

They have several different wordings for the actual diploma.  You can go with a very Christian theme, or a more secular, academic theme.  I love that it has our homeschool name in a beautiful font.  I picked the more academic wording that states that ds has completed the necessary requirements of our state and is signed by both my husband and me.

The cover also has several different seals and colors you can choose from.  You are able to make the diploma as fancy as you want (for an added fee, of course).

The final personal touch was the ability to have a favorite quote, scripture, school motto, etc.  Our school motto is "Never give up, never surrender!" from the movie Galaxy Quest.  I put it in Latin on his diploma. Ds absolutely LOVED this!

• Like 4

Another happy customer of Homeschool Diploma for our diplomas.

Beautiful, professional looking, and very quick service. They also provide several options; one son had a high GPA, so we were able to include the "with honors" gold seal. We purchased the standard diploma in padded cover, which still allowed you to do whatever wording you wanted, plus choice between several colors for the cover. It was just under $30; by the time we added the "with honors" and shipping, it was just under $40. Worth every penny! ?

For cap and gown, we participated in the ceremony with our homeschool group, and another mom was in charge of ordering for the group, so I don't remember what company was used. The cap and gown were black, and each student got to choose their own tassel color. The gowns are pretty light weight and flimsy, but worked fine for second DS, too, and we purchased a tassel for him in the color of his choice through the cap & gown company that the group mom was using.

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 2

Yep.  Same place here too.  For both graduates.  Same reasons too.  

Gown - they wore dh's college gown.  Yes, we still have it.

Cap - ordered a new one for oldest, middle wore it too.

Stole/cord - ordered new for oldest, middle wore same ones.

• Like 1