Menu

Online Shopping - Dresses, Skirts & Pretty Things

Negin

like that.

Can you suggest your favorite sites? 

Everywhere I go has nothing to write home about - Macy's, Ann Taylor, Nordstrom, J. Crew, Land's End, you name it. 

I'm tired of wearing trousers and shorts. 
I prefer knee length or around there. 

And I hate sleeveless. 

Thank you. :)

Xuzi and Fairfarmhand, thank you both so much. I remember hearing about both of those sites here, but I'd forgotten about them. Thanks for the reminder. :) I can't figure out why I'm having such a hard time finding clothes that I like. 

• Like 1

I've had really good luck with eshakti dresses made to my measurements. Most dresses, even if they're sleeveless, have the option to change the sleeve option. All have the ability to specify length based on your height.

Mrs Mungo originally turned the board onto them, if I recall correctly.

• Like 2

I am allergic to polyester and have found some interesting things at wintersilks and vermount country store. Since they are silk and cotton respectively, they are a bit different and more comfy than the general dresses and skirts of today.

http://wintersilks.blair.com/t/women/dresses-skirts/pc/207/213.uts

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/Women&aposs/Dresses_and_Skirts/Dresses/cat900008

• Like 1

Possibly check this web site out. I have seen an "Extra" about it, several times, when viewers in the USA are shown commercials. They say up to 90% off on name brand used clothing...  I know you were not thinking about used clothing, but if there is a huge price differential, it might be worth trying.

https://www.liketwice.com/

OT: Before you buy on any online site, check on RetailMeNot to see if they have a discount code you can use...

• Like 2

Oh my word, I am in LOVE! Does the sizing run true to the listed measurements?

For the most part. Reading the reviews, I discovered a few items where people suggested sizing up, so I did, and that was a good move. But everything else has run true to size.

• Like 2

Thank you all so much. I've been having fun browsing and bookmarking several of these sites. 

Check out Shabby Apple. www.shabbyapple.com

They have lots for pretty dresses, skirts, and tops, and all of their stuff is knee-length or longer, with sleeves. They can be pricey, but the quality is great.

I love their outfits. Thank you, Xuzi! I placed an order. :D

• Like 1