Menu

Relocating during orthodontic treatment

bodiesmom

Has anyone relocated out of area while their kiddos were in the middle of treatment? Could you kindly share your experience for transferring records, payments, and treatment to the new orthodontist? I'm having a heck of a time getting straight answers from our current doctor, and I'm wondering if this is just par for the course or if this atypical. I began phoning for records over two weeks ago and have gotten nothing but the run around. This office has been excellent up to this point, so I'm quite perplexed. I've left message after message to no avail.

Thanks!

Yes, we were told by the office manager the same thing (2 kiddos we paid cash, third one payment plan-long story 😄). However, now that I'm trying to either collect, or pay up, I get silence. 😞. I just want to know if we are getting reimbursed for services rendered thus far, or if we still owe. I.just.want.to.know.people.

Sorry. I didn't put VENT in my title so I need to keep the complaining to...well....nil. ;-)

• Like 1

Isn't orthodontics typically paid out of pocket?

If so I would contact the new orthodontist and see if they can send for the records for you. I imagine your orthodontist is reluctant to hand out records as they may think you are just switching orthodontists in your town. Infertility doctors are like that.

• Like 2

.We are in the same boat as you. Dd is in the middle of treatment and we are moving the end of this month. Here's what I know and or did:

- I signed a release so when we find an orthodontist we can get records transferred. Probably the new ortho office will call but I might have to.

- I asked about how the payments will work since we have been paying each month, the receptionist said they may have us pay a fee each month, like $45 until DD is finished with treatment and pay for retainers or they could charge a small 'down payment' and a fee each month, then charge for retainers. She did offer her opinion on what the new ortho office gives us as far as payment options so I can make the best decision.

-we do have about $400 remaining in insurance money until DHs benefits run out in November. I'm not going to mention the insurance when I ask about the fee schedule.

It really stinks to move mid treatment.

We are moving out of state and I gave them our new address. Your original office might think you're switching offices in town, maybe?

• Like 1