Menu

Energy and Robotics for 9yo son

This is what he wants to do for science this coming year.  Any curriculum out there specific to this?

I don't want anything overly Christian.  He's ready for PreAlgebra so a little over grade level may work for him. 

ETA:  After digging around a bit, I think we'll do Physics.  

You could add this to the physics as a supplement. If the link doesn't work it is Robotics by Karen Ceceri. We're still at the beginning of the book but it seems worth eight dollars.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1936749750/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1433974116&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=robotics&dpPl=1&dpID=51T-O8iaQJL&ref=plSrch

REAL Science Odyssey has a Physics program coming out this summer that would probably around the level you are looking for.

My 10 yo son is very into robots and there are many robot kits on the market.  I just got this one for him to build and program.  He's a little below the recommended age but with some parent help I think he will be okay.  He is getting ready to start Pre-Algebra this fall.  

http://pi-bot.org/products/pi-bot

I have the Robotics book linked in the last post and I'm planning to use the stuff in there for a class at our co-op since most items in there can be made for very low cost.  The projects are more along the lines of vibrobots, wobblebots, robotic arm and hand, and basic sensors.