June 8-14  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Weekly Workouts Finished

• Workout 1
    • Workout 2
    • Workout 3

Did w1d2.

:hurray:

My C25K app wasn't working this morning, but I walked almost 4 miles...

I finished workout 2 yesterday...

I REALLY did not want to do this today. It's hot and muggy and I think I'm getting a cold. But I did it anyway. I spent a couple of hours looking for a way out but finally I just went out and did it. Week 1, Day 2 complete.

:hurray: :hurray: Bonus hurray for getting out there when not feelin' it. :grouphug:

Whoo-hoo! Just finished my third walk/run of this week...

:hurray: Leading the pack. Awesome!

We're DOING this, ladies!!

• Like 2

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a conscious decision (not a mere procrastination) to do my third training run tomorrow. I did a 4-mile walk yesterday, and weights today, so I haven't been lazy (like usual!). But I'm still feeling jealous of all of you who get to say that you've completed Week 1! :lol:

• Like 3

I just got back from the store. It turns out I have a Running Room close by and never knew it was there. It is funny what you don't notice if you aren't looking for it.

I need to stick with this now as I just bought a bunch of stuff! I went because I desperately needed shoes. Apparently I have some thing where my foot turns in (prolapse? something like that ETA: I think it was maybe pronation) and you can get shoes that compensate for it. They feel SO much better than my other shoes. And then the sales guy mentioned that the shoe company makes a matching wicking shirt. Obviously I needed that. Then I got running pants, running socks, and some belt thingy to hold my iPad. So I'm now in this 100%! I even got invited to a running group. I'll have to think about that -- at the moment I am enjoying my precious alone time.

• Like 3

I just got back from the store. It turns out I have a Running Room close by and never knew it was there. It is funny what you don't notice if you aren't looking for it.

I need to stick with this now as I just bought a bunch of stuff! I went because I desperately needed shoes. Apparently I have some thing where my foot turns in (prolapse? something like that) and you can get shoes that compensate for it. They feel SO much better than my other shoes. And then the sales guy mentioned that the shoe company makes a matching wicking shirt. Obviously I needed that. Then I got running pants, running socks, and some belt thingy to hold my iPad. So I'm now in this 100%! I even got invited to a running group. I'll have to think about that -- at the moment I am enjoying my precious alone time.

Shopping spree -- how fun! I bought two new pairs of gym shorts for 8 bucks each at Target. :D No new shoes yet, though that's probably something I should think about before the actual 5K.

• Like 3

I just finished W1W3. Feeling good. My calves are still cramping a bit on the walking intervals, but much less than before. These new shoes are making a huge difference! Tonight was a little extra easy because DH asked that I switch nights for my run, so I had a two night break before this run, and will have another two night break before starting W2 on Monday. 

• Like 3

W1W3 finished tonight. Looking forward to starting week 2.

I'm looking forward to it too!

I want to go every day and am finding it hard to wait. Of course if I did go every day I would probably be sore and not want to keep going. So I'm waiting for Sunday when week 2 officially starts. :)

• Like 2

Well done everyone!

Week 1 day 3 is done. Didn't manage to do my yoga on Thursday, but I did go for an hour walk and did a set of steep outdoor stairs. It is 15 flights of stairs so I think it counts as a workout this week. Will try for my yoga DVD on Sunday.

Look forward to week two.

• Like 4

I cheated and snuck in another partial run today. I am apparently turning into one of those crazy fitness people. Now I'm checking out apps that map your running route (I used one today and it was super cool!) and researching what to eat after running (yogurt with fruit is one good option). I can't believe I've only been doing this for one week; it feels like 3 or 4 at least.

• Like 2