Menu

"Do you want to watch the director's cut of Donnie Darko?" "I don't know.."

unsinkable

Total aside here, but every time I read that name, it comes across as Donnie Dorko.

I know nothing of the movie.

Please carry on.

It is a decent movie, has a good soundtrack of 80s music, stars the Gyllenhaal siblings

...and has a creeeeeeeeeeeepy rabbit.

• Like 1

It is a decent movie, has a good soundtrack of 80s music, stars the Gyllenhaal siblings

...and has a creeeeeeeeeeeepy rabbit.

Good to know.

I do not do creepy rabbits.

(I also don't do windows, but that's a whole 'nother thread!)

Good to know.

I do not do creepy rabbits.

(I also don't do windows, but that's a whole 'nother thread!)

Speaking of creepy...

My DH put a garden statue of a pig outside the kitchen window in early spring so it was the first thing I saw when I looked out the window. Shudder. It's an Amityville Horror reference he knew would scared me.

• Like 2

Frank. His name is Frank. And he's not a real rabbit (for those unfamiliar). He's a guy wearing a creepy rabbit costume.

And he's Donnie's sister's boyfriend. In case you didn't catch that. I didn't catch that at first.

For a good while that was my favorite movie. But yeah, he's creepy.

You are welcome to come over to watch the director's cut with DS. I will give you snacks.

Lol We own two copies of the DVD but I don't think they are director's cuts. When I got married dh had a copy and I had a copy of the movie.

Just googled to see what is different. Nope, don't think I ever saw that version. But it sounds like it isn't better!

I have deliberately not watched Samantha Darko or whatever the spin off is. I heard it's horrible.

I've never heard of the spin off.

I have vast swaths of movies I missed out on the first time they came out. It's nice when the kids get old enough to "discover" movies that I might have missed or that I loved back in the day.

(like the Big Lewbowski...I knew DS is really mine when he LOLed so hard at the movie and watched it about 5 times in a weekend. *you want a toe? Because I can get you a toe...*)