Menu

Zantac and Benadryl for allergies - Thank you Dr Hive!

Katy

I just wanted to say thank you for those of you who chimed in on the other thread about allergies to recommend combining Zantac with another allergy medicine to block both H1 & H2 histamine.  I'd given up on keeping my allergies under control this year- all this rain has had a huge impact on the mold count, which I am horribly allergic to.

Yesterday I stopped at walmart and got a $4 bottle of generic zantac and combined it with my normal benadryl.  I feel SO much better!  A huge itchy bug bite disappeared.  I've only had to use a quarter of the kleenex I usually do.  I haven't been sneezing at all. And perhaps best of all, my morning blood sugar was FIFTY points lower than yesterday!

I feel like I'm coming out of a fog I wasn't fully aware I was even in.  So anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you.

And those of you with horrible allergies, please give this a try.  At $4/bottle, it's cheaper than a couple boxes of tissue.

• Like 4

I'm glad it worked for you!

I ended up in the ER yesterday for having to use my epipen after benedryl, zantac, and nexium didn't halt my reaction. But the doctor on call was surprised I had come since I did everything they would have done. I told him I went to the urgent care first, but their policy was to forward to the ER, and I have standing orders to always go in case of rebound reaction.

I reacted to something new yesterday, too :(

For lower grade, non anaphylactic reactions, it almost always works. And it is SO cheap!