Menu

Do you do much for your anniversary?

We sometimes go out to dinner, but more years than not we end up staying home and watching a movie or just enjoying some down time as a family.

I am also one that these types of things are not a big deal to me, so that plays a part in it.

We talked about doing something for our 10th anniversary, but we didn't get beyond talking about it. :)

Maybe if we start now we can have something planned for our 20th. :rolleyes:

We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. If we do, we just send the kids to bed early and have a nice dinner alone. However, we *do* celebrate our anniversary by going out to a nice restaurant.

This year we have planned a weekend at a B&B a few months after our anniversary (when we could have free family babysitting!) so I don't know if we will do much on our actual anniversary. Usually we do either a nice dinner or a medium/nice dinner and a movie or something along those lines.

Our anniversary is coming up. I know a lot of folks don't really celebrate their anniversary unless it's one of the big ones. Do you or your husband do anything special for just "regular" wedding anniversaries?
No.Usually just go out for dinner. But for at least half of our 31 anniversaries, dh has been out of town for his job. So we consider it pretty special when he's just able to be home for one.

We're pretty low-key.

Usually dinner together. (Just that and a babysitter seems to cost a fortune these days!)

However, we both forgot our anniversary this year! We were in the process of moving, and in the chaos, just missed it! Fortunately, both of us did, so no one was offended.:o

We usually go out to dinner, though when the kids were younger and we didn't have baby sitters sometimes we'd feed them early, put them to bed and then have a nice dinner by ourselves.

We don't do gifts, although dh will usually bring me flowers.

That's about it. It works for us!

When our 20th rolls around we'll still have kids in the house, but by our 25th we might be able to go away. If we can afford it with four children in college at the same time! :eek:

we went out for lunch, since it's cheaper. :-) My dh had to work later than normal tonight, so the children are fixing us supper tomorrow night instead. Dh usually gets me some kind of flower bouquet. It counts for our anniversary and Valentine's Day. I like it that way - two for one for this frugal one! LOL! He likes to do that also because all of us get to enjoy something that brightens our day for several days since we have a winter anniversary.

For the first 12 years DH sent me a dozen roses all pink with one red one on our 1st anniversary, all pink with TWO red on our 2nd year, etc.

They were all ALL red on our 12 anniversary. Then I quit getting flowers LOL

But on the 25th he took me for a romantic trip to Paris France. But the last two.... not so much. :p

On our 10th anniversary our DD was born so the day usually gets more attention as a birthday than our anniversary.

I do miss the flowers however.

I've lost track of how many times dh has forgotten and either 1) scheduled a revival or 2) scheduled (and gone to) youth camp on our anniversary (he's a pastor).

The problem is that he hears a date range (if something is scheduled for July 12-16, for example) and those dates don't mean anything to him (because our anniversary is the 14th).

We don't do much celebrating, even on the years he has remembered the date and not scheduled church activities -- usually go out to eat for lunch (because it's cheaper and we are both pretty frugal), and that's about it.

at Walmart! And this was for year 20! No, we don't do much for our anniversary. Certainly not gifts but we try to regroup and go to dinner. We don't put much emphasis on it and are busy with four kids 10 and under. Maybe when we are empty nesters!

jeri

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Some years we have gone on lovely weekend getaways (San Francisco, Bed and Breakfast in Gruene, TX) some we give eachother a kiss and say Happy Anniversary. No real rhyme or reason to it, the bigger celebrations haven't fallen on the "big" years.

We don't do gifts either way. We've come to realize that gifts for eachother on "gift-giving" occasions seem forced and never really that meaningful. So we've started to give a gift if we feel moved or come upon the thing that is so meaningful we can't pass it up, regardless of the day of the year.

We do plan to go to Italy for our 20th, though. That's in 5 years.

We tend to intentionally ignore our anniversary. I hope some day our marriage is better and we do want to celebrate our anniversary, but that is not really our reality right now. I wouldn't want to exchange gifts, though. I enjoy going away together more than giving/getting things.

The kids usually go to Grandpa and Grandmas for the night :)

But this year, I am hoping to go into labor at the end of March~wishful thinking on my part since I'm not due until April 16 :)

But a girl can wish can't she :D

Not sure what we will do this year.. We don't do gifts, maybe a nice card~that's it :)

Our anniversary is coming up. I know a lot of folks don't really celebrate their anniversary unless it's one of the big ones. Do you or your husband do anything special for just "regular" wedding anniversaries?

I remember a couple of anniversaries when we took trips, but since our 4th dc has arrived, we mostly just go out to eat.

We've talked about a trip again for our 20th, but we've got some time before then.

Shall I let you know in two weeks?

More directly, no, we don't "do much" by industry standards. Once in awhile, we'll manage to get ourselves out to dinner. Or, we might just take a walk around the block and hold hands. We don't do gifts, but we do tip our glasses to one another (maybe even indulging in a slightly higher than average cost for our bottle of wine), and engage in mad passionate...er....conversation (really!) sometime on or around the actual date of our anniversary to be sure we still remember how blue the other's eyes are, or how wide the smile. :D

Doran

On our first anniversary we spent most of the day cutting and splitting firewood. Days like that aren't important to dh. This year though he is the one who remembered and I forgot. I think dh would like to do something special since he knows I would like it, but in reality we are so busy. Flowers would be nice though even if we can't go out!

So far, we've gone out to a nice dinner. Our anniversary is early in January and we're usually pooped after two months of birthdays and holidays.

A couple of years ago, for our 10th, we thought we'd like to go on an overnight trip--we've never gone for a trip without the kids. Didn't happen. Nor did it happen last year for 11. 'Cause we're kind of lame that way.

This year we were bound and determined to go--as soon as my husband's January deadline was over. So our first planned date in January didn't work out because of that. Our next planned date was, in fact, tomorrow--and I got as far as booking a hotel room before we discovered that our planned destination would be closed. We're hoping for March, but I think the universe hates me and won't let it happen; there's another deadline April 1st...:(

But I did just realize that we didn't even go out to a nice dinner last month, so tomorrow night we'll do that. Thanks for starting the thread and reminding me!