Menu

What can I get out of participating in a forum?

Guest dallyser

Guest dallyser

I am new to forums so this should be interesting. I'm jumping back into homeschooling my four children after a three year break. I found the book at the library, but I had to return it - twice! So, I finally ordered my own copy and now await it's arrival. In the meantime, I wanted to continue my preparation and research so I'm checking out what the forums have to offer.

This place is the best! But like any high powered tool it must be handled with care. You can get a lot of free educational consultations, some advice from well experienced home educators and innovative amateurs alike. By hanging out on the forums you will find out about a ton of resources that aren't in The Well Trained Mind book itself. Also, you get camaraderie, commiseration and to participate in our secret society.

Hope that you'll stick around.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This place is the best! But like any high powered tool it must be handled with care. You can get a lot of free educational consultations, some advice from well experienced home educators and innovative amateurs alike. By hanging out on the forums you will find out about a ton of resources that aren't in The Well Trained Mind book itself. Also, you get camaraderie, commiseration and to participate in our secret society.

Hope that you'll stick around.

Ditto!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Also, this is the chat board, and while it's highly informative in a cultural literacy sort of way (being slightly facetious here!), the meat of homeschooling practice is found mostly on the WTM education boards. Click on "home" for a directory of the other boards, and note that there are also several sub-forums for more narrowed topics.

If all you ever do is quietly read the forums, you will grow rich through the experiences of others! But it's also a great place to ask questions. You will be most successful by posting those questions on the appropriate board of the forums.

Welcome!