Menu

Apologia's Exploring Creation vs God's Design for Science?

I can't compare the two, but I can tell you that we love Apologia.

My boys look forward to it and the retention factor is very high. I attribute this to the focused studies (probably the biggest difference between the two curriculums), experiments, and notebooking. We will begin Astronomy tomorrow after using Zoo 2 this year.

Warmly,

Apologia Zoology III first semester and God's Design: Human Body for 2nd semester. I only chose the God's Design because Apologia didn't have a Human Body book yet!

We love Apologia. It's engaging, interesting, easy to implement, and fun. We've done all the books so far and they continue to be a hit.

Which of these programs do you like better? I know God's Design for Science is suppose to be revamping their curriculum and I cannot wait to see the new version.

We are doing AIG Science this year. I haven't tried Apologia so I cannot compare content, but I do know that my kids are really enjoying science, they have learned and retained quite a bit, and I am very very pleased.

FYI, we're about 6 weeks into our school year and are working from AIG's Animal Kingdom book, so it's not like I'm speaking from years of experience here. I'm just very satisfied so far.

Personally, we prefer Apologia too - although keep in mind my only experience with it is the Exploring Creation with Astronomy book. We used the God's Design for Science Life Sciences books (plants, animals, human body) and while they were good, they didn't capture my student's attention and interest the way Apologia is.

Maybe when they revamp it will be better - more colorful? More engaging for this age group?