Menu

vent have your whinge here

So the twins have major meltdowns when shopping. We have spent a huge amount of work with them on this. Believe me it is not fun shopping with a little persons screaming at the top of their lungs, punching themselves and head banging.

I have just been told that he next access visit will be held in the shopping plaza - 'cause it being winter and  the park will not work. :cursing:  :cursing: :cursing: What is wrong with an OFFICE like they apparently have had their whole life before being placed with me. 

Please post your vents/ whinge so we can have a party together 

• Like 4

Man, that stinks, Melissa.  I hope you can talk them out of it.

My vent for today:  family member has somehow grown financially dependent on me and I just have to cut her off.  Will involve discussion with other family member later today.  Definitely not looking forward to it and wondering how I get myself into these messes.

Oh, that's not a whinge. Overstimulate the kids, then send them home so everyone except the cause of the problem can suffer?

That's a fair dinkum complaint, that is. 

Tell them where to get off,  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  (one for each kid) and have the access visit in the office like non-jerks.  :angry:

• Like 10

Have to tell ds that his childhood cat died last night, on the day he is finding out really good news.

Aw, sorry about the loss of the cat.  :crying:

Hugs to everyone else too. 

I would whine and vent too, but I have too many things and I can't just choose one. :glare:

• Like 5

I've been short on sleep the last 5 days for various reasons, and ds has been up or had medical problems every 3 hours every time I could sleep. And dh tore ligaments in his right foot so he can barely walk. He's no help at all right now. 

I'm exhausted, ds is totally unfocused on anything other than video games, and the other boys get out of public school this week so focusing my youngest is going to be nigh impossible. 

There is not enough coffee in the world for this. 

Hugs for everyone else. 

Had dd's birthday party yesterday. She wanted a Harry Potter theme, so I busted my tail hand-making all the costumes and props and planning out a bunch of activities based on the story. The guests each had their own robe, wand and cauldron, plus Hogwarts diplomas and more. We invited 15 kids and got FOUR RSVPs. Her best friend's family didn't respond even when we'd texted and sent a Facebook message (in addition to personalized mailed invitations to each of the kids). They live 45 minutes away so we don't see them in person unless it's planned.

I had hoped at least a few guests would show up, as surely that many people wouldn't neglect to sent regrets. But no. :glare: Of course I had to assume they all were coming or run the risk of having them show up and not have their props.

It was an awesome party, and all the kids had a blast. DD was very happy, and I was so relieved. I'd been afraid she would be disappointed.

But seriously, how hard is it to send a text or email acknowledging the invitation and politely declining??? Even if you don't want to or can't attend the event, can't you at least acknowledge that it was kind of the other person to want to include you?

• Like 2

Had to remove a person who might be a NPD from our group as she was toxic to herself and others.  It was honestly best for her b/c she could not see she was ticking every one off.  And although it was a group decision, b/c I was the only one who would put up with her and talk to her, it is all my fault.  And of course, it means I am a horrible person who is a bad Christian, while she has done nothing wrong, And even through I have run interference for her for YEARS, cleaned her house TWICE, made her meals, watched her kids, I am waiting for her passive-aggressive victimization post on Facebook and then the many messages from people wondering what happened.  

Getting that off my chest did make me feel better.

• Like 2

Not feeling great (chronic illness, new diet) and DH is leaving the country for a while. Will try and muddle through. Need to find list of educational programming for bad days. Trying to figure out food because I've been eating my own stuff based on my new food restrictions and he's been cooking for himself and the kids. I'll have to do the kids' food and my own while he's gone. Also, need more sleep.

Whinging can lead to Tim Tam consumption, so I suppose so. :p

A whinge is a whine but with a different tone of voice.

Rosie,

Whenever I read your posts, I hear them in my (Aussie) nana's voice.

I love 'hearing' fair dinkum.   It's been a long time.

I love Tim Tams, and think I'll make a special trip to a special store, just for them.

For my whinge...I'm overwhelmed, discouraged, lonely, a bit scared, and disillusioned. 

• Like 2

What is a whinge?  :confused1:   A whine combined with a binge?

whinge
wɪn(d)Ê’/  
Britishinformal
verb
verb: whinge; 3rd person present: whinges; past tense: whinged; past participle: whinged; gerund or present participle: whingeing; gerund or present participle: whinging
  1. 1.
    complain persistently and in a peevish or irritating way.
    "stop whingeing and get on with it!"
    synonyms: complain, grouse, grouch, grumble, whine, moan, carp, mutter, murmur, whisper; More
    informalgripe, bellyache, bitch, beef;
    informalmither
    "I am not going to whinge about the weather"
noun
noun: whinge; plural noun: whinges
  1. 1.
    an act of complaining persistently and peevishly.
    "she let off steam by having a good whinge"
  • Like 3

Here's my whinge:

My van is making a very suspicious lurch-clunk when it down-shifs to a low gear. I reaaaallly don't need the transmission to bail on me; that car is about to flip 200k miles. I don't want to buy a new(er) car right now because DS will be learning to drive this summer/fall. I want him in the van! Not a new car! Plus, I don't want to pay for a car right now. I'm quite happy having no car payment and was planning to keep going with that, at least until next year.

Lurch-clunk. Lurch-clunk. Just not a happy sound to hear on a car.

P.S. I love to use Brit/Aussie coloquialisms. They make me feel so cosmopolitan.

• Like 4

P.S. I love to use Brit/Aussie coloquialisms. They make me feel so cosmopolitan.

I actually didn't know it wasn't a universal word until this thread. I always thought a whine was the noise a dog made when tied up for misbehaving. I did not know that whinge = whine

shows how cosmopolitan I am (not)

• Like 2

I actually didn't know it wasn't a universal word until this thread. I always thought a whine was the noise a dog made when tied up for misbehaving. I did not know that whinge = whine

Or that a child makes when they don't wannnnttttt to go to bed.

• Like 3

Had dd's birthday party yesterday. She wanted a Harry Potter theme, so I busted my tail hand-making all the costumes and props and planning out a bunch of activities based on the story. The guests each had their own robe, wand and cauldron, plus Hogwarts diplomas and more. We invited 15 kids and got FOUR RSVPs. Her best friend's family didn't respond even when we'd texted and sent a Facebook message (in addition to personalized mailed invitations to each of the kids). They live 45 minutes away so we don't see them in person unless it's planned.

I had hoped at least a few guests would show up, as surely that many people wouldn't neglect to sent regrets. But no. :glare: Of course I had to assume they all were coming or run the risk of having them show up and not have their props.

It was an awesome party, and all the kids had a blast. DD was very happy, and I was so relieved. I'd been afraid she would be disappointed.

But seriously, how hard is it to send a text or email acknowledging the invitation and politely declining??? Even if you don't want to or can't attend the event, can't you at least acknowledge that it was kind of the other person to want to include you?

I had the same thing happen.  My daughter was turning three and loved hats.  I made  Victorian-Fancy Nancy type hats for all the little girls and bought cool boyish hats for all the boys.  We invited every child she knew, (about 20) and no one showed up.  After the party I was taking the hats out to the car when a little girl from across the street (that was invited) actually asked if she could have one.  lol Of course I told her they were for the party that we invited her to and she could've had one if she came.

• Like 3

My whinge is that we had to tie our dog up, because she decided to go visit the neighbors (about 1/2 a mile away).  Because of that she wasn't patrolling for predators and we are now missing a duck, one of my favorite animals on our farm.  I console myself with the fact that it was one of the extra drakes. 

Not feeling great (chronic illness, new diet) and DH is leaving the country for a while. Will try and muddle through. Need to find list of educational programming for bad days. Trying to figure out food because I've been eating my own stuff based on my new food restrictions and he's been cooking for himself and the kids. I'll have to do the kids' food and my own while he's gone. Also, need more sleep.

Bill Nye is on Netflix now. I also noticed some new nature shows, though I haven't looked into them much yet. Hidden kingdoms was one, I think.

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen. My daughter was turning three and loved hats. I made Victorian-Fancy Nancy type hats for all the little girls and bought cool boyish hats for all the boys. We invited every child she knew, (about 20) and no one showed up. After the party I was taking the hats out to the car when a little girl from across the street (that was invited) actually asked if she could have one. lol Of course I told her they were for the party that we invited her to and she could've had one if she came.

That stinks so bad! And Peachy Doodle's story!

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen. My daughter was turning three and loved hats. I made Victorian-Fancy Nancy type hats for all the little girls and bought cool boyish hats for all the boys. We invited every child she knew, (about 20) and no one showed up. After the party I was taking the hats out to the car when a little girl from across the street (that was invited) actually asked if she could have one. lol Of course I told her they were for the party that we invited her to and she could've had one if she came.

Last year I made superhero capes with each child's initial for the ten kids in my son's class plus 3 kids who are family friends. One classmate and the family friends showed up. One no replied to the invitation but like the PP Ihad to have them prepared or risk someone not having one. The party was fun though.

We are expecting baby #5.  I have a step sister that is expecting baby #2 two weeks before me.  Her mom and sister (who's more like a real sister than a step sister to me) are constantly posting baby stuff on her wall, but not mine.  I know this is kinda old hat for me, but I still want recognition, too.  She's always been the favorite and gets all the attention so I shouldn't be surprised, but I can't say it doesn't still hurt a little bit.

I can't find a power cord I need to charge a computer that I saved some curriculum on. I tried to plug in a CD copy and it said it had an error reading the file!! So, basically, I need to print off this curriculum and I can't until I find this $##$ cord. Dh, who handles tech issues, is in Hawaii for work and can't help remotely. I've had to print stuff off for dd on-line while rummaging through all our stuff to try to find this cord. 

Moving can be really annoying. 

We're moving on Sunday.  DH helpfully packed the kitchen - the entire kitchen, including all the utensils, knives, dishes, pots and pans.  I guess we're grilling for the rest of the week.

Also, not the best week for the toddler to decide he can change his own diaper.  He can manage getting his shoes, pants, and the diaper off, and he even puts the diaper in the trash can, but then he "forgets" to put another diaper on.  Naturally, he only does this when I'm out of the room grabbing another box or trying to figure out where he hid the $*$#* tape.  And, of course, all the potty training stuff is packed somewhere, too.  :lol: