Menu

Remember "our" Nadia?--See update #39!!

Jane in NC

Thank you so much for informing us of this tribute to my dear IRL friend. She is too humble to have alerted me to it herself, and I am grateful to have been able to read it and pass it along to others who know and care about her. She is truly an inspiring example of faith, compassion, strength and perseverence, not to mention being the one who introduced me to WTM back in 2004 :)

• Like 13

Thank you so much for posting this, Jane! I miss hearing Nadia's voice here, and it was so great to read about the wonderful work she's doing. Also very cool to read an update on her daughter Laila — "who is 23 and runs a digital media startup she founded in Washington, D.C." An amazing mama with amazing kids!

• Like 7

Brilliantly done, Nadia!

I remember when things erupted in Syria. Your concern bled through every post you made about the situation and raised my personal awareness of the circumstances. Your response to the need is remarkable and an inspiration. Now you have me considering how I could better respond to things that stir my passion.

May your endeavors continue to be blessed.

• Like 5

Thanks, peeps! I just posted an update. I am having a quiet day and need to actually plan some homeschooling so it was lovely to be alerted by Jennifer on Facebook that you guys were reading the article. I kept telling the reporter how important my virtual homeschooling community always has been and how many followed the conflict and subsequently also support my efforts. It's been great. I have always loved our WTM community and still am active/reading on the FB group, so I didn't drop off the earth completely (even if my husband thinks so!).

• Like 28