Menu

My personal little triumph over ATI/Gothard happening today...Faith Manor will like this:)

Ginevra

I am super impressed with you!

Any plans to continue on with your studies or are you going to take some time and let this one settle in?

Taking a break for one-two years, focusing on educating my remaininf HSer, then planning to go back for Business Communications.

• Like 8

In three hours' time, I will walk across the stage to receive my Associates of Arts - General Studies. :) The first half of my childhood was spent at a school that used ACE curriculum and where the pastor/principal was forever supportive of ATI and IBLP. My own parents were, I guess, undecided about girls going to college/having careers; I don't know that they would have forbidden it, but they never encouraged higher ed or career thinking. So - late to the party, getting a degree, but better late than never. :)

I completely understand (my church was always borderline ATI), although my mom was quietly supportive of higher ed, it still felt amazing to attend College when I'd been brought up learning the only place for a woman was in the home. Congrats on your achievement!  

• Like 2

Congratulations Quill!

In so many ways being a 'non-traditional' (whatever that means these days!)is so much more challenging...and in many ways, much more meaningful for many:)

I spent a year in college very young, then 4 years in the Army before returning. Everything meant so much more and I fully appreciated the experience.

After all the hurdles and hard work I am proud and thrilled for you. Enjoy the culmination ceremony and imagine the entire HIve applauding and hooting raucously as you cross the stage today🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

I am the obnoxious one with the air horn:)

• Like 1

In three hours' time, I will walk across the stage to receive my Associates of Arts - General Studies. :) The first half of my childhood was spent at a school that used ACE curriculum and where the pastor/principal was forever supportive of ATI and IBLP. My own parents were, I guess, undecided about girls going to college/having careers; I don't know that they would have forbidden it, but they never encouraged higher ed or career thinking. So - late to the party, getting a degree, but better late than never. :)

oh Quill - that is absolutely wonderful!!  congratulations.

:hurray: :hurray:

• Like 1