Menu

Online writing workshops for me?

Halcyon

I am going to take the next Fiction one with Carter sickels. It starts on June 16. Wanna join me??

I may just do that!!

I need to think about it, though, cause I've got a million things going on. But, really, I've been wanting to take one of their classes for 15 years but haven't because there's ALWAYS a million things going on. Maybe I should just go for it! :D

• Like 1

Both crstarlette and I are taking writing classes and workshops through writers village university. It's $99 for the first year, then $66 per year afterwords. All the classes are free and you can take as many as you want. They are peer lead and self study. Bob just started a new mfa certificate program this year and I'm helping to moderate and facilitate. The only bummer is it isn't accredited so it's purely for your own edification. I'm learning so much and my writing has vastly improved. Plus it is fun. I think I do better with deadlines.

• Like 1

UCLA Extension has an online writer's program. It is a little more expensive, but I have heard wonderful things about their classes and programs.

Thanks for this! Do you know whether it is a fairly rigorous program? I've taken the random Gotham-like class in NYC they vary so much in quality (even with the same teacher!). Ideally I'd love a low residency MFA but have neither the time not funds at the moment and won't for a couple years.

• 1 month later...