Menu

Favorite Books--Must Read for Moms

I am having trouble finding posts on the forum with people listing favorite fiction books that are must reads.  Will you share with me your top 3 favorite books or so that you think I need to read?!  Or help me find previous posts with lists?  

Thanks! 

This is a hard question, to pick only three.

Robertson Davies is my favorite author, but my favorite of his are second books in trilogies, so I think I would recommend Fifth Business to someone who had never read him - it's his most well known book.  But alternately I might suggest The Rebel Angels followed by my favorite, What's Bred in the Bone

I also love Ursula LeGuin, and of hers it would have to be a toss up over The Dispossessed and The Left Hand of Darkness.

There are so many I could pick for three, but maybe I will go for A Certain Justice, by P.D. James. 

• Like 1

Three books?

1. Either The Dispossessed or Lathe of Heaven - never could get into Left Hand of Darkness!

2. Parable of the Sower for sure.

3. I really enjoyed Who Fears Death, which I read this year, but that book starts with a long and graphic description of the protagonist's conception via genocidal rape. If you can't read that sort of thing, I'll go with the other book I read these past 365 days which stuck with me, The Golem and the Jinni.