Menu

Graduation Day is here.

Definitely sending  :grouphug: and prayers from here while celebrating with you at what he has accomplished.

Also sending kudos to you for being a terrific mom and sticking by him with support and friendship.  I've been reminded this week (and earlier this spring) that not all kids have such a luxury.  Thanks for being a great mom to one of our Hive kids.  Parenting isn't easy.  Great parents come from being able to be there when parenting is difficult and there are no simple answers.

• Like 6

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: Thank you for sharing and allowing this board to give you encouragement. 

I think of fairy tales that tell us the ending is where they lived happily ever after. Life isn't like that. It's like that scene of grandma in the Parenthood movie talking about the roller coaster. Life is bittersweet and there isn't a happily ever after with years of perfection. There are moments of joy stashed amidst the turns and falls. If we're not careful, we'll miss them.

May you and your family have and hold moments of joy today and in the days to come.  

• Like 7

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:  and :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

You have both shown incredible strength to get to this point. I'm sorry that the end of his high school career has been so complicated...

Wishing him all the best with whatever he decides to do when he wakes up from his well-deserved rest and recovery period.

• Like 2

I'm sorry to hear how very difficult the last few months have been for your son and you.  Kudos to him for continuing to plug away to get to graduation.

I wish you both good health and happiness today and in the future.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

(((ScoutermominIL))) - you have had a long senior year with your ds. It's stressful enough without illness or depression. I am so sorry to learn this about your ds. You have been incredibly strong and supportive throughout the entire journey. You should be proud of his tenacity and perseverance. I hope he can heal both physically and emotionally. And I hope and pray that you are taking care of YOU, too. There is nothing quite like the helplessness felt by a parent when a child is suffering. To say it is exhausting would be an understatement. Both of you have overcome much.

Congratulations on his graduation.

• Like 2

Once every one is healthy and on their way home, I am packing my backpack and going out for a couple of days.

Sounds like a great plan!  Glad the ceremony went well  :party: , but with all the health stuff... wow, when it rains, it pours!

May the sunshine return quickly!

Hope you have a good summer and that healing (for all) is complete.

• Like 3