Menu

Calling all Texas and Oklahoma Hive Members

Aelwydd

Storms again today in my area. Thankfully not bad but the sky is very dark. We are under a tornado watch.

My house is on a hill so we won't have flooding but there are many areas near us with terrible flooding. It's so sad!

Dfw peeps .... I have 1100 sq ft meet up place with 24 chairs in Addison tx  .

Can get it on weekends if someone wants to plan a meet up pl pm me!

We can do a 3 pm snack and drink or whatever.I can supply the space for free.

DFW folks, I am texting with mominco.  We will get a meet up together sometime this summer, hopefully!

• Like 2

Dfw peeps .... I have 1100 sq ft meet up place with 24 chairs in Addison tx .

Can get it on weekends if someone wants to plan a meet up pl pm me!

We can do a 3 pm snack and drink or whatever.I can supply the space for free.

Great! Maybe we could use it as a storm shelter?

I'm only half kidding...

• Like 2

We got blasted with lightning bolts around here (made my ears ring), and of course we got more rain.

Soggy, but safe for now.

It looks like we might get a break over the next few days. Here's to the unbearable humidity that's coming, lol.

I admit curiosity that the Blanco is so rambunctious and dangerous, yet I have not heard same for the Guadalupe. New Braunfels is so close to San Marcos!

The majority of the rain hit the Blanco river (12 + inches) which feeds into the San Marcos river.  Which is why they got hit so hard.  

The Guadalupe was still open yesterday, but the Comal was closed.  Canyon Lake is back to normal levels which we haven't seen in more than 5 years (fed by Gaudalupe).  When I went to bed Fri night, the lake level was at 908, up from 901 (909 is normal), and when I got up yesterday, it was at 913 or 914.

We just have the normal street and road closures that we always get when it rains.  And tornado warnings. Those have been fun.  :P

The majority of the rain hit the Blanco river (12 + inches) which feeds into the San Marcos river. Which is why they got hit so hard.

The Guadalupe was still open yesterday, but the Comal was closed. Canyon Lake is back to normal levels which we haven't seen in more than 5 years (fed by Gaudalupe). When I went to bed Fri night, the lake level was at 908, up from 901 (909 is normal), and when I got up yesterday, it was at 913 or 914.

We just have the normal street and road closures that we always get when it rains. And tornado warnings. Those have been fun. :P

My brother lives outside of NB city limits, off of 306. He works night shift, so must be extra unhappy woth this.

Ds is graduating from high school this week, and had planned a TX swimming hole trip w/ friends.  We are supposed to get more rain later this week.  Trying to convince him that even his "toned down to one swimming hole" trip is probably NOT a good idea.  

• Like 1

My brother lives outside of NB city limits, off of 306. He works night shift, so must be extra unhappy woth this.

It really hasn't been bad for us.  I know the pics out of San Marcos are scary, but even where he lives, it's been pretty much business as usual.  Unless he has to work in SM, or is a first responder.

It really hasn't been bad for us.  I know the pics out of San Marcos are scary, but even where he lives, it's been pretty much business as usual.  Unless he has to work in SM, or is a first responder.

Night auditor at a hotel in NB.  Given his hours, we don't get to talk often.

We're fine here just outside of Tulsa.  However, our little community lost a veteran firefighter Saturday night.  He was part of a team evacuating a low lying duplex neighborhood.  The water was about 2-3 feet high.  Another younger firefighter was sucked down a storm drain and this fella went after him.  The younger guy was smaller and went through the drain and came out the other side (still hospitalized, though).  The other firefighter didn't make it through.  Very sad for our little community.  His wife and daughter were in Ireland and are returning home this evening.  Please remember them in your prayers.

We're fine here just outside of Tulsa. However, our little community lost a veteran firefighter Saturday night. He was part of a team evacuating a low lying duplex neighborhood. The water was about 2-3 feet high. Another younger firefighter was sucked down a storm drain and this fella went after him. The younger guy was smaller and went through the drain and came out the other side (still hospitalized, though). The other firefighter didn't make it through. Very sad for our little community. His wife and daughter were in Ireland and are returning home this evening. Please remember them in your prayers.

Are you in Sapulpa, by chance? (I have family there.)

I definitely am praying for these men and their families whom you mention. Now that my eldest is a fireman (with a great department!), I pray daily for all firefighters, everywhere, with special intent.

Holy Rotation, Batman! We had to shelter a couple of hours ago as a rotational cell (though, fortunately, not a tornado) passed right over us. A huge tree branch fell on the deck during the wind storm.

Later dh and the older kids walked part of the property to assess damage. He took video of the creek rushing over the bridge on our property. if the water doesn't recede I may not be able to get to work tomorrow. He also saw that the corn and okra in our garden had been blown over in circular patterns. :-0

Are you in Sapulpa, by chance? (I have family there.)

I definitely am praying for these men and their families whom you mention. Now that my eldest is a fireman (with a great department!), I pray daily for all firefighters, everywhere, with special intent.

No, Sapulpa got hit pretty hard.  We are in Claremore.

We got more inches of hard rain today...the back part of our acre is running ankle deep all the way across. After the rain, I walked out there in my cute purple rain boots--ankle deep and flowing...if we don't get more rain tonight, by morning that area will be standing in a half inch or so. It takes a few days for all that water to drain off. If for any reason, it stops flowing, my house will get wet. Our drain system of swales and stuff keeps the water from piling up on the west side...flowing is good.

I'm ready for some sun....a lot of it.

Picked a horrible weekend to have to visit Houston....we just sat in a restaurant for 2 hours with a massive storm system overhead threatening power, severe flood warnings. We could not leave and now cannot get to the hotel at the moment as they are doing rescues in the feeder road right outside the restaurant. I just watched all the emergency vehicles pull two boats by😧

But we are safe, dry, and my dd5 sees it as an adventure (not to make light of what is really horrible for many!). The infant has amazingly slept through it all.

Stay safe everyone...

• Like 2

Picked a horrible weekend to have to visit Houston....we just sat in a restaurant for 2 hours with a massive storm system overhead threatening power, severe flood warnings. We could not leave and now cannot get to the hotel at the moment as they are doing rescues in the feeder road right outside the restaurant. I just watched all the emergency vehicles pull two boats by😧

But we are safe, dry, and my dd5 sees it as an adventure (not to make light of what is really horrible for many!). The infant has amazingly slept through it all.

Stay safe everyone...

Are you off of I-10? I have seen flood waters cover right over the highway in earlier years, and maybe it is that bad again -- ? Hope you can salvage somethng fun from the experience!

Are you off of I-10? I have seen flood waters cover right over the highway in earlier years, and maybe it is that bad again -- ? Hope you can salvage somethng fun from the experience!

We are actually in a huge traffic jam on I-45. I can see police officers on the access road out my window rescuing cars. Apparently the reason for the traffic jam is that water has risen up onto the freeway ahead:(

We are actually in a huge traffic jam on I-45. I can see police officers on the access road out my window rescuing cars. Apparently the reason for the traffic jam is that water has risen up onto the freeway ahead:(

Welcome to Houston!

This isn't normal, but it does happen sometimes. Don't try to drive through standing water, it really is that dangerous.

On the bright side, the Rockets won tonight, so everyone will be a bit more cheerful even with the atrocious weather.

• Like 1

Welcome to Houston!

This isn't normal, but it does happen sometimes. Don't try to drive through standing water, it really is that dangerous.

On the bright side, the Rockets won tonight, so everyone will be a bit more cheerful even with the atrocious weather.

Maybe the fans at the game will be so thrilled they won't be as upset by the shelter-in-place order announced, asking them to remain there?!

• Like 1

Hello from CA. I'm glad to hear Texans checking in. Stay safe, and if you want to build a pipeline to us, go for it.

I was thinking about Bay Area folks who might have gone to Houston to watch the game last night. They were probably wondering what was falling from the sky.

• Like 3

Any neighborhood around here that's older than 30 years old is "historic". (LOL)

Okay... My childhood neighborhood will be historic as well.

I do say, when I went back 10 years ago to show it to my husband, I was amazed to discover the trees all grown up and looking a bit like I remembered the "rich" neighborhoods looking!

I doubt it was flooded though. Northwest Park. Where Tomball and North Sam Houston Parkway come together

All the rain from central Texas has made it down the river to our tiny town in southeast Texas.

The river is expected to rise to 43 feet which is well above dangerous flood level. They are evacuating the west side of town.

Unfortunately we are expected to get more rain tomorrow. The highest the river has ever flooded was in 1998 when it reached 48 feet. We could possibly get there if central Texas and our area gets more rain this week.

More rain today and in the forecast NE of Tulsa. We are doing OK with it all.  My septic drain fields are a bit saturated and the drains are running slowly.  We are conserving water until we dry out some.  Ponds are overflowing everywhere...snapping turtles crossing roads and snakes looking for their homes.  

Texas is taking a beating.  The photos are heartbreaking.

Just checking in and bumping this up.

How did folks fare today?

Good grief, we are currently awaiting heavy rain, hail, and 60 mph winds.  I'm so over it.  I think I might stand in the front yard waving a white flag as the storm rolls in.  The good news is that after Saturday, we get a break for awhile.

• Like 5

Good grief, we are currently awaiting heavy rain, hail, and 60 mph winds.  I'm so over it.  I think I might stand in the front yard waving a white flag as the storm rolls in.  The good news is that after Saturday, we get a break for awhile.

We had  that weather today and 75-80 homes flooded in the Lubbock area.

Stay safe, and my heart breaks for the lost souls in central Texas.

We just moved the cars to as safe spots as we can get them--we're expecting large hail.  Sigh.  Lots and lots of trees down on my way to and from work.  My garden took a beating night before last, and it appears it will again tonight.  Having the garden take a beating is much better than having cars and trees damaged though.  Sigh.