Menu

Pick up truck for tall driver

Trilliums

OK, kind of a long shot here, but I figure I might as well try The Hive first.  :)

DH is looking for a vehicle with a lot of head room.  We find that the online dimensions do not always correspond to how you actually fit into the vehicle.  Some vehilcles with smaller head room measurements can actually feel more spacious, probably due to how high the seat is fixed at its lowest position.

So...any tall drivers with a vehicle they love?  We were really hoping to buy a pickup truck but are only interested in a mid sized one, not one of the behomoth models.

I have to chuckle. When our 6'5" son was a teenager, he thought our surburban was too small for him. He now drives a Mazda Protege. I am pretty sure his hair touches the roof as he is driving. He wants us to get a new suburban so he can buy our used one for his wife and kids. His wife is 5'2". 😎

Dh (6' 0") and ds1 (6' 2") fit easily into an F-150. This was a 1991 model, though, and I have no idea if the cab dimensions have changed over the years. We got rid of the truck before ds2 reached his current 6' 4" so I don't know if that extra height would have made a difference in comfort/fit.

My husband is 6'5", he loves his Silvarado and had driven several different versions through the years. He says the newest (2015) model is not as roomy as the previous model. His favorite was the '94 as far as roominess but he currently has an '08 (I think). His height is in his upper body not his legs if that helps.