Menu

What your name would be if you were born today

gingersmom

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Mia. Pretty name but not really me. Not overly fond of my name either. Liked my 1910 name, Elizabeth and my 1890 name, Minnie.

I know what your name is and what year you were born. Either that or our results oddly parallel each other through the ages. ETA. Nevermind. Your name is Kimberly. Mine is not. But same years/names I guess.

Clara.  I like that name, maybe better than my own.

Clara is lovely!

I would be Alana, which I like and had on my list for DS if he had been a boy. 

DS would be William, which is another name I like a lot.

Alexa  :thumbdown: (not for me, anyway).

The only name in my entire list that I liked was Rosie from 1900.  That's what we call our youngest (her middle name is Rose and her first name never took off with me, for some reason).

Okay, my name gets some really wacko results.

Today, I'd be Ana.  Okey-dokey.  Not that different from 1900's or 1890's which would be Ava and Alva, respectively.

But then the real weirdness.  In the 1990's my name would have been Infant??!! and in the 1940's, I'd be James??!!

Really, they're almost all awful.  Lois?  Verna?  Lesley?  Delphine?  Gaaah.

But at least in the 1980's I'd have my best friend's name, and in the 1950's I'd have the now super-trendy Isabel.

I'm liking my name more and more. :)

Today I would be a Sydney. Which is fine. I like the name, although I know too many of them. My favorite tv character is named Sydney (Bristow, "Alias", do they accept middle aged housewives in the CIA? I'd be the perfect operative, nobody would ever suspect me!) My 1890's name is Lou (ugh). I don't mind my 1970's name which would be Dina.

• Like 1

Today, I would be Lily. But since my name has two pretty equally common spellings, if my parents had used the other spelling, I'd be Harper.

What made me chuckle is that my name for the decade after mine is the name of my sister, who was born in that decade, although not the spelling she uses.

Emma today, Mary from 1890's to 1960's. 😄😄 My name is Jennifer. However I was suppose to be Emily (which I named my late daughter) and that would have given me some intresting names though the years. Today I would be Sarah.

I just looked up DH, Anthony, he would be Andrew today. He was suppose to be Aloysius though (a name he is VERY thankful he didn't get) and that would make him Briggs today. 😕

.  In the 1990's my name would have been Infant??!! 

Infant/Baby Boy/ Baby Girl is the legal name given to babies who have not been named. 

I have a friend who adopted her son shortly after birth, but the legal proceedings took a long time. His legal name was Baby Boy Lastname for over a year. 

Julia. One of my favorite girl's names as a child. I would love to be Julia. 

Past names were a mixed bag but almost all good. Flora (love it). Esther (huh)? Etta (like it). Tabitha (love it). I'd be happy with many of these names. 

I'm not as happy with the (very popular) nickname I went by as a child. Harper isn't so bad, but the rest are pretty common as well (Lisa, Tina, Heather). 

Dh: Luca  .....  hilarious

DS: exactly the same 

DS: Thomas

DS: Malcolm

DS: Christian

I'd be Ava.  I hate the name Ava.  I'll stick with Heather even though it was the 5th most popular name the year I was born :)

My daughter (Anastasia, #295) would be Amiyah.  My oldest son (Cameron, #35) would be Owen.  My middle son (Frederick, #432) would be Lawrence.  My youngest (Adrian, #56) would be Nicholas.  I'm most amused by the Frederick/Lawrence combination.  He's named after my grandfather.  One of my grandfather's brothers was named Lawrence!  My husband goes by his middle name, but his first name (which was the #1 name the year he was born) would be Noah.