Menu

NOOOOOO!

Halcyon

They absolutely can and usually will vax against biological parents wishes. The reason for this is that while wards of the court, all of the school age children will be required to attend the PS and the PS requires vaccines. It seems crazy but I've seen this time and again, no requirements at all to get bio permission for ANY medical treatment but can't cut their hair without consent.

That's the system.

But, as wards of the court, the state does become the "defacto" parent and as such has the right to do what it wants to do. There are definitely circumstances in which it is over reaching, but on the other hand, they can't run around letting bios run the lives of foster families and social workers, and since the majority of the kids in care are there for legitimate reasons it also makes no sense to allow the bios to dictate such things. I know many, many, many foster families who would not accept placement of children IF they couldn't get them caught up on vaccinations because they view it as a risk to their own families. For immune compromised children, they are generally placed with families who have indicated a desire to be trained for medically fragile cases...these families are not the norm in the foster system. There is also something that must be said for the rights of the foster family as well. It is a crazy balancing act.

Given the high risk these children present for health issues, despite the fact that we were selective vaxers due to DD's life threatening reaction, I would not accept them as placements in my home without being able to bring them up to date on DTP, MMR, Polio, and in their case HEP as well because children who arrive in care for extreme neglect and or physical abuse are statistically much more likely to have also been sexually abused or exposed to needle drug users so the risk of Hep is much higher.

Thank you for explaining this. It does make sense. We delay vax (in agreement with ped), mostly just doing one at a time because we were sussing out which one may have caused seizures in my youngest.

This is actually the case I thought of as well when I first mentioned her threat.

in this case N's long noted laziness/incompetence might work in favor of her not burning up a house with her family inside.  after all - she'd have to actually DO something.

• Like 1

She posted on her page for any local physicians to message her a little while ago.  

Well, of course. Isn't that how most people access health care? What person doesn't believe that the local physicians follow his/her fb page waiting to jump in and offer medical advice based on a private message?  :001_rolleyes:

Wait... what? She posted on her page looking for physicians? Who the hell does that? Does she not understand how to call a clinic and set up an appointment? If the only person who responds is a podiatrist is she going to have him deliver the baby?

I think she's been ordered to get a care provider but wants to find one on her side, from her fan base.

• Like 5

Yikes, I missed that she's actually ousted that she'd murder her children before letting CPA take them again. Whoa. She said that publicly?!

if I remember correctly (it's been a while since I read it), it is on one of her blogs, not the fb page. I'd love someone to find it, ss, and repost to her blh.

ETA: Maybe I shouldn't say I'd love that. But, I'd be curious to how her supporters would respond to that.

• Like 1

if I remember correctly (it's been a while since I read it), it is on one of her blogs, not the fb page. I'd love someone to find it, ss, and repost to her blh.

ETA: Maybe I shouldn't say I'd love that. But, I'd be curious to how her supporters would respond to that.

Her level of crazy boggles the mind.

And I had to laugh at my own typos! Oops! Posted. Not ousted. Thanks, autocorrect.

I think she's been ordered to get a care provider but wants to find one on her side, from her fan base.

This was my thinking. She's hoping that one of her followers is a physician so she can go to someone who is sympathetic to her views.

Because of course there are dozens of MD's out there who endorse her kind of lifestyle and spend there time following it on facebook.

• Like 4

So the answer to the post you quoted is no, then. This was not a recent comment, whatever her exact words were, much less a credible threat.

So the answer to the post you quoted is no, then. This was not a recent comment, whatever her exact words were, much less a credible threat.

The question was did she say it publicly. The answer is yes, on one of her blogs. Who knows how credible it is? I stated recent comments reminded me of the threat she made previously. IMO, it is a credible reason to keep an eye on her and her family, considering her current state of mind.

• Like 2

Is it a credible threat right now when things to some degree are going her way?  Probably not.  But the thinking behind that threat is probably still there and makes her a danger to the kids if things do not go her way.  That's the kind of thinking that set Josh Powell off when an ultimatum was given that he didn't like.  For the safety of the kids I hope that if there needs to be further intervention by CPS that the kid's safety is secured first, even if it is simply by confronting them somewhere like Lowe's (ie. in public) or by having a police officer in the house so that the police can't be shut out and her threat (or something similar) followed through.  

• Like 5

The question was did she say it publicly. The answer is yes, on one of her blogs. Who knows how credible it is? I stated recent comments reminded me of the threat she made previously. IMO, it is a credible reason to keep an eye on her and her family, considering her current state of mind.

Just to clarify...you are working from memory? It is your memory that she said this threat on an old blog post?

This was my thinking. She's hoping that one of her followers is a physician so she can go to someone who is sympathetic to her views.

Because of course there are dozens of MD's out there who endorse her kind of lifestyle and spend there time following it on facebook.

And it would have to be a local MD, too, because it's not like she can drive to Maine or something for prenatal care. A local MD who is part of her fan base and can deliver a baby. Right. I'm sure there's tons of those, lol.

• Like 3

I don't think it's illegal. Lots of us say I'm going to kill that kid type things in a hyperbolic manner. She'd just claim that. The only proof she wasn't just being frustrated is if she actually did it.

No, I know it's not actually illegal, I was more trying to say, how long until it's no longer concerning?

I've read TNR this morning, and just pulled it up again.

I no longer can access it. I disabled my FB account and from its beginning was reading TNR without needing to log in to FB. Is not worth the brief efforts to log in and re-disable just to read it. Too bad, as it did a good job of fending off the peculiar viewpoints.

I no longer can access it. I disabled my FB account and from its beginning was reading TNR without needing to log in to FB. Is not worth the brief efforts to log in and re-disable just to read it. Too bad, as it did a good job of fending off the peculiar viewpoints.

I don't think you are missing much, though. Even TNR is posting on Truth right now, and those posts are not being deleted. Maybe you can try there.

I think the doc hunt is probably more about the kids than prenatal. She'd be asking for a midwife. Maybe she's hoping to find an anti-vax doc to argue against it or maybe even to fake records.

yeah,  a licensed MD (because if cps has ordered this - they won't accept any other kind) to "fake" records.  'cause they just want to help wacko nutjobs that raise their kids in poop, and to do illegal things that can get their license revoked on a good day.  good luck with that .  . . . . .

I don't think it's illegal. Lots of us say I'm going to kill that kid type things in a hyperbolic manner. She'd just claim that. The only proof she wasn't just being frustrated is if she actually did it.

that depends if the authorities think it's hyperbole or not. my sister spent three days in jail (my mother refused to bail her out, and she didn't have the money) after threatening to kill her kids. . . . . (since we were estranged, I'm not sure on all the other fall-out - I didn't want to hear about it, but she did have more follow-up she had to do.)  oh - and she told the responding police officers it was just hyperbole, but the person who heard her and reported it didn't think it was. after talking to her, the police didn't think it was.

Nicole IS mentally unbalanced.

• Like 3

I would distinguish hyperbolic "I'm going to kill you crazy kids if you don't knock it off this minute" from the sort of comment she made. She said she'd sooner set them all on fire rather than let authorities take them. That's a rather mentally unbalanced, controlling thing to say, not a humorous hyperbole. It's putting politics and ideology above the welfare of her kids. I'm not saying it's a believable threat or that she intends to do that but I do think the remark differs from things an average, healthy parent might say.

In that most famous of Solomon tales, the actual mother in preferred to let her son go with the kidnapping mother than see him cut in half. Nicole is not very genuinely maternal with those kids from the looks and sounds of it.

• Like 16

I would distinguish hyperbolic "I'm going to kill you crazy kids if you don't knock it off this minute" from the sort of comment she made. She said she'd sooner set them all on fire rather than let authorities take them. That's a rather mentally unbalanced, controlling thing to say, not a humorous hyperbole. It's putting politics and ideology above the welfare of her kids. I'm not saying it's a believable threat or that she intends to do that but I do think the remark differs from things an average, healthy parent might say.

In that most famous of Solomon tales, the actual mother in preferred to let her son go with the kidnapping mother than see him cut in half. Nicole is not very genuinely maternal with those kids from the looks and sounds of it.

this.

I joke to my kids saying they need to head out back and dig a big hole.  When they ask why I say because it'll be easier to hide your body if the hole is already out back etc.  that is a huge difference from saying I would rather kill then then let the authorities take them.  That is insane.  

• Like 3

this.

I joke to my kids saying they need to head out back and dig a big hole.  When they ask why I say because it'll be easier to hide your body if the hole is already out back etc.  that is a huge difference from saying I would rather kill then then let the authorities take them.  That is insane.  

I agree. To me there is a big difference in the two statements. I was responding to the post about the statute of limitations (which I misinterpreted in the first place ARGG) and I was thinking legally she could just claim it was hyperbole. But gardenmom's post is fascinating. I really didn't think there was a difference from a legal perspective unless maybe if you were talking about the President or someone who it is automatically a crime to threaten. So maybe there would be legal ramifications if CPS or someone else saw the blog. Reason 5430 for her to stop putting every single thought that crosses her mind on the Internet. 

No, I know it's not actually illegal, I was more trying to say, how long until it's no longer concerning?

LOL - sorry. I'm down a quart on the caffeine today. Personally I think it's no longer concerning once she gets prolonged mental health services. If she really gets help then she won't make those kind of comments anymore even if there is a question about her kids going to CPS and then it can stop being concerning. Until then, just about everything in regards to them is concerning.

• Like 2

Nicole's court date was on Monday wasn't it? I am locked out of the BLH FB page and the Naugler Report. Is there any news on how that went?

I just tried and can't see their fb. I never commented so I don't know how I'd be blocked. I remember seeing an old picture she posted a couple days ago of 3 of her kids duct-taped together because she didn't know why people thought it was a controversial picture so she had to bring it up to all of Facebook. What a nut.

All the support pages have been closed for a couple of days now. Joe had said the court date had moved from 7/13 to 7/27. The Naugler Report is still up.

Naugler Report must have closed its doors to public viewers. I have not been able to access it for some days now. Prior to that, I did not log into FaceBook; just pulled up the webpage to read as if it were any other sebsite.

• Like 1

Naugler Report must have closed its doors to public viewers. I have not been able to access it for some days now. Prior to that, I did not log into FaceBook; just pulled up the webpage to read as if it were any other sebsite.

Oh I see. That is the only page I ever "liked."

I just tried and can't see their fb. I never commented so I don't know how I'd be blocked. I remember seeing an old picture she posted a couple days ago of 3 of her kids duct-taped together because she didn't know why people thought it was a controversial picture so she had to bring it up to all of Facebook. What a nut.

I never commented either.  

All the support pages have been closed for a couple of days now. Joe had said the court date had moved from 7/13 to 7/27. The Naugler Report is still up.

I just looked at the court docket for both circuit and district court for 7/27 and did not find any Naugler listed on that date.  I am not able to look back at the court docket for the 15th.  Oops.  I mean the 13th

• Like 1

I just looked at the court docket for both circuit and district court for 7/27 and did not find any Naugler listed on that date.  I am not able to look back at the court docket for the 15th.  

The Naugler Report Please someone correct me if I am wrong here - off the top of my head, the next date for the custody case is July 27 based on a comment from the N lawyer to the press. The criminal cases visible on the Docket. JN's next pretrial is on July 28 and his criminal jury trial is set for around August 14 . Nicole's case (to the best of my recollection) has been set for trial in August and I recall someone noting they both had their criminal jury trials in the same week. I will edit this response if and when I have time to look it all up. - S
  • Like 1

So.....totally nothing to do with the actual situation...

But last night I dreamed that the Naugler kids were my nieces/nephews and I was helping the family move to a new place. Only it was in an actual town, albeit rural, so I was trying to wrangle the logistics of whether or not goats/critters were allowed on the property according to code. And there was something about a barn, and the idea that the bigger boys could hang hammocks and sleep there when it was nice.

Weird.........

• Like 2