Menu

Your health/beauty/self-care "routine"? Mine's getting long! lol

6packofun

I was just thinking the other day about how many little things I'm starting to feel I need to do to feel and look my best.  (Or just keep moving?  lol)

I'm curious about what sorts of things you do, too!

Every day I try to:

*Of course, do my "beauty routine" a.m. and p.m. with my Paula's Choice stuff; this differs a bit depending on how my skin is behaving

*Apply tea tree oil to my lovely toes with a fungal issue, twice a day

*Take turmeric 2x daily for joint pain/inflammation

*Take Biotin for my skin, hair, nails...I think it works well for me so I try to keep it up!

*Take Omega-D3 2x

*Stretch several times a day because I'm having sciatica and my leg muscles in general are ridiculously tight!

*Use coconut oil on my hands and cuticles

*Pluck stray hairs...

*It's about time I start my sunless tan lotion to hide spider veins

*Pumice the heck out of my heels and feet on the days I shower

*Lots of daily food prep to make life easier and healthier, plus I have a protein smoothie (well, Shakeology that I'm using up) every other day or so for breakfast

*I've been doing morning and evening deep breathing, nothing fancy, just to calm my mild anxiety a bit.  Having older kids is more mentally taxing than I expected!

...and I haven't even started back to a regular exercise routine!  I'd really love to learn Tai Chi.  

I'm tired.  And possibly high maintenance?  lol

Hmm....

- I depilate my upper lip every few weeks

- use a tinted moisturiser during the day and at night put body lotion on my hands, then run my hands over my face to spread it there too

- get my hair cut every five weeks

- walk 10,000 steps daily

- go to yoga once a week

- work hard in the garden

- take calcium (menopausal) with vit D, and fish oil.

L

I shower, comb my hair, and brush my teeth. There you have it. Stress free and quick.

plus cut my fingernails when I need it, shave stuff if I can't avoid swimming, recently go to the gym between work and collecting the kids and get my hair cut when finances are good.

Maybe by the time I'm in my forties I'll have time to actually use a blow dryer, lol.

I didn't start using a hairdryer or thinking about conforming until I took an office position where I needed to present an image to customers.  It's part of the job and it was the kind of position that I could get when husband was out of work for three years.  Now I don't notice the routine.

• Like 1

Maybe by the time I'm in my forties I'll have time to actually use a blow dryer, lol.

I actually use one because I hate going to work with wet hair. It takes 2 minutes; I don't style, just dry.

I get up from breakfast (in pajamas) at 7:15 and am leaving the house at 7:30 clean and dressed for work, with dry hair.

I shower, brush my teeth, and moisturize with the first lotion I see in the morning. When it's warm outside I use sunscreen in my facial moisturizer. Once or twice a week I spend 5 minutes on make-up. I leave the facial hair because it's so light and sparse. I leave the callouses on my feet because if I removed them my 8-10 hours of dance classes would result in REALLY sore feet. I get enough sleep religiously.

I'm too lazy and disinterested for a more involved routine.

I walk with my dog each morning (okay, almost every morning) for about 30 minutes. Before leaving for our walk, I brush my teeth and hair. While walking, I feed my brain by listening to an audiobook or podcast.

Back home, I shower (including washing and conditioning my hair and shaving my legs) and get dressed, usually in something like shorts and a t-shirt for the beginning of the day. I brush and pin back my hair. I take prescription medications twice a day.

If I'm leaving the house for work (usually four days a week), I change into office-appropriate clothes and put on mascara and tinted lip balm.

That's it for my daily routine.

In terms of other upkeep: I usually have a pair of tweezers sitting on my desk so that, while I'm doing other things (including one of my two current work-at-home jobs) I can take care of any stray facial hairs. Every few weeks, I take a few minutes after my shower to trim my own hair. Every couple of months, I pick up a box of dye from the health food store and touch up the color.

I think that's it.

Brush my teeth 2x daily; floss less often.

Brush my hair 1x daily (except when I've washed it).

Pluck facial hairs every 2-3 days ideally.

Bathe daily.

Wash and condition hair 1x every ~4 days.

After bath, apply deodorant and moisturizer with salicylic acid.

Shave if I feel like it - not very often.  (I am planning on another laser removal session though.)

Try to get enough sleep, exercise, and nutrients.

Try to get some sun every day.

I recently began using the Obagi skin care line, so every morning I wash using a handheld rotating brush thingie (I think it's a ripoff of the Clarisonic) using the cleansing gel, then the toner. Then I use something called Clear which diminishes the melasma from acne scarring. Then Exfoderm, a gentle exfoliant. Then Sunfader, which is sunblock plus melasma cream. Then Cerave lotion. Then if I am going to work I use Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, lipstick, mascara, a bit of blush and concealer.  If I am going to be in the sun, I use a stronger sunblock SPF 50 and I always wear a hat when I am outside. 

In the evening, ti's a similar routine except I use RetinA and obviously no makeup LOL. 

I use Paula's Choice AHA and BHA Lotion on my body each night.  I have some bumps and scarring on my legs which it diminishes.

I exercise 4-5 times a week, either a yoga class for an hour and a half or speedwalking for 4 miles. I also lift weights. I try and eat well, and am mostly vegetarian. 

Brush teeth and wash, deoderant

Shave though I don't have to do it much

Moisturizer on face and hands

In summer pumice stone on feet

I dye my hair, though I have been thinking of giving it up - it might be grey enough now that it just looks grey rather than like mud.

When I am going outside I use a tinted moisturizer/sunscreen. 

If I am going out somewhere and want to look like I put in some effort I wear eyeliner.  On special occasions I might blow dry or straighten my hair

I get a hair cut from time to time, probably should do it more.

I don't really spend a ton of time or money on this stuff - I can be ready to go out the door in about 7 min.  Age has made some things necessary that weren't before, I find I have to be really careful about dry skin or i get cracks which can be painful, for instance. 

I kind of wish i was better at hair stuff though. 

I am adding to my Yoga poses as I find new ways to combat my tight piriformis muscle.

I try to walk every day for about 1/2 hour and eat well. I do sleep well generally and take a number of supplements. Now and then I do a little extra like cod liver oil.

My routine basically consists of cleaning things that are dirty, trimming things that grow, and putting lotion on the dry bits.  

This plus eating well and exercising.  And trying to get more sleep.  

Except keeping things trimmed/shaved and moisturizing can take up a lot of time when you're hairy with very dry skin... :-)

Hmmm, mine might long......

Moisturize stuff, shave stuff, paint/trim nails, color hair/cuts, makeup, under eye creams, exercises, stretching troublesome muscles, foam rolling those muscles, pressure point therapy on them so I can function, occasionally a chiropractor, some supplements, cod liver oil, very careful choices in food (sourcing them takes more time).  On the food note, I got a farm to trade work hours for organic/raw farm foods/dairy.  From-scratch cooking and baking, soaking of nuts/grains before baking with them, gardening (i consider this part of self care b/c I garden organically purposefully to lessen chemicals for health reasons).  Lots of research on how to continue to refine our health habits.  Careful choices of EO's (had to LOL), fermentation to add beneficial microbes to guts, plus it's yummy.  Coffee.  Coffee  IS one word that means........self care.  :laugh:  (Hmmm, wondering if I can grow coffee in my region.........)

• Like 2

Brush my teeth three times a day, floss once or twice.

Cleanse my face in the morning and at night.

Daily moisturizer, some BB cream, light dusting of powder, some eye liner, curl lashes, mascara, lip balm.

Shower will body wash and then body butter after drying off, deodorant, perfume.

Shave every other day, brows waxed about every three weeks. When I can afford it, a monthly pedicure and biweekly manicure.

I take vitamin D, calcium citrate, fish oil, multivitamin, b-complex, magnesium.

I drink about ten to twelve glasses a day of water.

I am working towards my ten thousand steps a day, still walk somewhat wonky from my stroke.

I am going to be joining the gym soon and doing strength training three days a week.

I color my hair once a month, I get my hair trimmed about every two months, no place fancy though.

Bedtime I use a deep moisturizer on my face and I am trying to get better quality sleep.

I try to have some quiet time and work on not being anxious and depressed.

I try to hit that in between spot of taking care without obsessing.

Shower and shave, I use regular soap. Brush teeth and floss.

Coconut oil the dry legs

My hair is curly/wild. Every three or four days I wash with drugstore conditioner and air dry. I honestly color about every six to eight weeks.

I am very fair so sunblock.

Tinted moisturizer, mascara and lipgloss.

I run and do yoga for health and stress reduction( but mostly because I like it) and try to eat well.

I wear nicer jeans, fitted tee and a cute sweater as my " uniform". Looking nice and being comfortable makes me happy which is self care, right.