Menu

Prealgebra WORKBOOK

My DD is starting prealgebra and she really likes workbooks as opposed to a regular book.  Yes I know at some point she will have to switch.  Anyone use Math Mammoth prealgebra?  Other suggestions?  We are switching from Singapore as it gets a little messy with integration of subjects and discontinued books with them at this stage. 

Somewhere in the ethernet you can find the Pizzazz workbooks. Those are not work texts like MM, though. My kids like to work through a page once in a while for variety. The series covers a range of math topics, but I think a few are specifically pre-algebra.

CLE Pre-Algebra is workbooks with spiral review, as mentioned above.  They are written to the student.  But do the placement test.  It has a bit different scope and sequence.  It is easily accelerated if she places lower than you expected.  700-800 is Pre-Algebra, but some accelerate that so it is covered in a year or a little over a year, instead of two years.  Just cross off some of the review problems (or even whole sections) for areas that are already mastered, and compress two lessons into one each day.  The material is very spiral so those concepts will be reviewed again, no worries.  Also, the first Light Unit of each level is review of the skills that should have been mastered from the previous level so you can skip 801 and save a bit of time.  Also, you could skip the quizzes.