Menu

Have you all followed the Naugler family?

DawnM

Yes, it is.

It is not my inability to understand. It is a serious question, possibly phrased in a manner that you might have found a little confusing, as to what would spark this being a stepping stone when living in a cesspit with ten children before did not. I will attempt to be less confusing and avoid rhetorical questions in the future.

By you saying "yes, it is" you are basically saying I am lying when I said it is not snark nor snide.

So I'd rather move on and converse with people who take me at my word.

By you saying "yes, it is" you are basically saying I am lying when I said it is not snark nor snide.

So I'd rather move on and converse with people who take me at my word.

Because you did not intend it as snideness does not mean it is not so. Phrasing it as "your inability to understand" is incredibly snide.

(I did intend my post as snide, and I have thought better and rephrased it since, but clearly you caught it pre-edit).

A planned home delivery is not legal in MD with or without assistance. Unassisted delivery is illegal in NC. We have friends (more than one couple) who have had some stressful interactions with law enforcement on this issue.

CNMs are legally licensed to attend homebirths in MD, though I'm not sure about CPMs.  I had a CNM attended homebirth in MD ten years ago, and that practice is still in practice; they're fully open and licensed, so they're not trying to hide.  They've been in business for many, many years.  (Anna Duggar uses the same practice.)

Some midwives are illegal in NC.  That I do know.  I also know that while CNMs can legally attend homebirths here in PA, CPMs are neither completely legal nor completely illegal.  It's legal for the parents to have a CPM in attendance (or to have an unassisted birth if they choose), but the CPM can be charged with practicing medicine without a license.  But I know one CPM in PA who absolutely will not cross into MD to attend births, and I think MD is much stricter.

• Like 1

What I don't understand is why they aren't using so much of their land. So much of sanitation-especially field sanitation-relies on physical space and placement. They have 27 acres-which is a LOT!- but only appear to be using maybe half an acre.  . It doesn't have to be this way. 

I've read one of Nicole's posts stating the property has a well AND a septic system, but they need to be looked at before they can be used.  they either don't want to pay someone to do that, don't want to use them because it's "not back to nature" in it's most primitive form, etc.  there have also been conflicting posts as to they are leasing the property, and the property is for sale.  so, unknown what the status of that is.

That is how I was reasoning, and could revert to that thinking.  DV victims whom I have known, though, sometimes do gratefully seize the life buoy when it lands around the neck. 

those who seize a bouy aren't completely broken.  they may feel beyond doing anything without help, but they still feel something can be done if they get help.

She'll certainly have the money for it once she gets the cash from the GoFundMe account. If she doesn't get safe housing after that, it's because she doesn't want it, and if she doesn't want safe housing, she has no business caring for a newborn baby.

assuming it doesn't go to drugs -or wherever previous monies have gone.  they've been given household goods they then sold - and who knows where the money went.

I'm no holding my breath any money they get will go to proper housing, clothing, or feeding of those children.

So far, while we all have heard that the internet fundraising machine, the LDS church, and various neighbors have tried to help this family, the government hasn't.

hopefully the kids are in a safe situation now.

I think it's part of their very antigov attitudes they want nothing to do with anything from the gov.  they've done fundraisers, reportedly by those who actually know them - they've gone around to different churches to get goods (and complained that it was in-kind, and not cash).  I don't think either Nicole or especially joe could accept gov aid as that would also risk gov workers seeing things they don't want seen - and some of them having the power to take their kids away (to a safe place.)

• Like 1

Yes, but I get the impression you think they should leave the newborn with her until after she abuses and neglects it like the others.

I may have missed something, but I thought unsinkable was originally responding to Faith, who said she thought the mom should be jailed for the rest of her pregnancy so prenatal care could be forced upon her, and then the baby should be taken from her permanently.

My impression was that unsinkable disagreed with the whole "throw her in jail and take the baby away forever" idea and thinks the mom should be given a chance to change her life situation and get counseling in the hope that eventually her children will be returned to her. The baby is a tough call, because he or she hasn't even been born yet. I would assume the baby will be placed in foster care if the mom hasn't improved her living conditions by the time it is born.

I could be misinterpreting what she meant, though, but that was my impression of her posts.

• Like 6

I think it's part of their very antigov attitudes they want nothing to do with anything from the gov.  they've done fundraisers, reportedly by those who actually know them - they've gone around to different churches to get goods (and complained that it was in-kind, and not cash).  I don't think either Nicole or especially joe could accept gov aid as that would also risk gov workers seeing things they don't want seen - and some of them having the power to take their kids away (to a safe place.)

If you read one of her blogs that I linked, she has a post about how it's against Christianity to accept welfare.

But apparently not against Christianity to lie, steal, cheat, scam, do drugs, and neglect and abuse your children.

• Like 10