Menu

Elemental Science users - help me figure out how to combine?

I'm leaning towards ES Biology for the Logic Stage for our oldest two boys, who will be 12 and 11 this year. For the younger sibs, though, I'm deciding how to incorporate them. They will be turning 10 and turning 8 midyear, and I need everything pretty streamlined this year. Do I have the youngers just tag along with what the older kids are doing? Or do I also order Grammar Stage biology and hope it lines up somewhat? Or perhaps the two programs are somewhat independent and it would be reasonable to have both going at the same time.

Has anyone used ES with a couple age groups of kids?

Also, how self-directed is ES for the Logic age? Once I show the kids how the program works, can they do it somewhat independently, or do I need to present each and every lesson?

ES is pretty self directed for older kids. I get together with my girls each week to discuss readings and labs.

My two oldest are using logic but my 9year old is using grammar level. ( using logic bio and grammar bio.....the topics pretty much line up.) Paige does have a reading schedule for younger siblings that join in with logic older siblings. You can email her or check her Yahoo page.