Menu

12th grade English after DE?

Hello,

My dd will be a senior next year.  For 11th grade, she did DE at the local college and took English 1101 and 1102, acing them both.  My question is what to do for English for 12th grade.  Most of the English classes at this college are not very challenging, although we lucked out with 1102 and got a wonderful, very challenging teacher.  My dd was really stretched and her writing grew tremendously.  I should also add that writing is something she loves and is good at:)  She has written 4 novels thanks to the National Novel Writing Month challenge. All that to say, she doesn't really want to do the lit classes as DE next year, since her English 1102 teacher will not be teaching any of them.  I'm at a loss as to what to do for her.  She doesn't need any more English credits, but I don't want to let her go a whole year without it since she will have to continue writing in college. Also should add that she did Classical Conversations for 3 years so she had a lot of literature and writing and speech/debate there.  One thing she has not had is ancient literature, but she is attending the Great Ideas summer camp at Samford University this summer.  She is hesitant to do ancient lit at home with just me (and I am hesitant as well, LOL).  If I could find a really good creative writing class, I would consider that.  I also thought about letting her do a senior project in an area she is interested in and include lots of writing in that.  Any ideas??

Thanks!