Menu

X-post: I've updated my free botany curriculum

Jenn,   Your curriculum is fantastic!!  I'm thinking of botany for 9th, and biology for 10th grade. 

Regarding CK-12 Biology, are there answers to the original workbook? 

Can one buy a print copy of original workbook somewhere? 

Would you call your Biology course honors, of one followed your lesson plans and read most of the supplemental books?  or two credits, one each for science and literature? 

Before I heard about your courses, I'd written up tentative plan for Prentice Hall Biology because I own the text and teacher books.  But this, your science curriculum, is what I've been searching for!!

Jenn,   Your curriculum is fantastic!! 

Thank you!  :blush: 

I'm thinking of botany for 9th, and biology for 10th grade. 

Regarding CK-12 Biology, are there answers to the original workbook? 

Can one buy a print copy of original workbook somewhere? 

Yes, the answers to the original workbook are here:

http://www.ck12.org/flx/show/answer%20key/CK-12-Biology-Workbook-with-Answers.pdf

The answers start on page 527. 

There are also answers to all the workbook pages in the teacher's guide:

http://www.ck12.org/flx/show/answer%20key/CK-12-Biology-Teachers-Edition-with-Answers.pdf

As for purchasing a workbook, I don't think there is anywhere you can buy one that is already printed out, but you can get the PDF of the workbook and take it to a print shop and do it that way.

Would you call your Biology course honors, of one followed your lesson plans and read most of the supplemental books?  or two credits, one each for science and literature? 

I can't give advice as to how to assign credits. I PERSONALLY think this course has a lot more work associated with it compared to something like Apologia or other similar biology curricula (if you do most of the scheduled things), especially with the huge buffet of labs and all the extra reading / literature. I think you could give credit either way you described. I think ultimately it's pretty flexible as to whatever you want it to be (regular, honors, a mix of biology and literature, etc.).

Before I heard about your courses, I'd written up tentative plan for Prentice Hall Biology because I own the text and teacher books.  But this, your science curriculum, is what I've been searching for!!

So glad it's what you want. :-) I really enjoyed it, lol...especially the extra books, most of which I read with my son.

• Like 1

Thanks so much-- I ordered a printable copy of the curriculum for DD for next year. I love how you start with chocolate!

Maria

Thanks for the order! :-)

LOL about the chocolate. I designed this for my son, who wasn't too enthused about the thought of studying plants...until he realized that there are a lot of interesting things that come from plants, like chocolate! So, I did that on purpose. Sort of like a sneaky hook to perk up his interest for the year. ;)

We learned a lot of interesting things and I think the Wicked Plants book was one of his fave books of the year, lol.

• Like 1

botany-banner.jpg

I've updated my free botany curriculum for middle school / high school. All the links were updated, I made a year-long schedule and new books were added.

http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/science/botany/botany_curriculum.html

Happy learning!

I didn't see a link to the printable version.

• 3 weeks later...

Dd is working through your Biology now and LOVES it! She was just telling me she wished you had more high school sciences.... Chemistry is up next for her, hint, hint.. :)

So glad your daughter loves the biology curriculum. I wish I could make a high school chemistry curriculum, but am unable to for various reasons. I did just finish making a new high school anatomy curriculum. :-) I'm trying to think up what other high school curriculum I should create, as I get a lot of email asking for more, lol. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this looks fantastic, thanks for putting it all together.

We start our school year in January, which is winter here in Istanbul. do you think starting in the middle of Winter (it snowed last year) would work or should we start later/earlier?

It's designed to be started at any time, in any type of weather / climate. There is an optional 6 week plants genetics kit, but that is scheduled in starting in week 27. That particular project is set up so that it can be started at ANY time and is not tied to the daily schedule. It's an indoor project, too, so it's not dependent on the weather.

The nature journaling book I recommend can also be used at any time, and is not scheduled in. It's just to be used on an "as desired" basis at any point in the curriculum.

Please let me know if you have any more questions! :-)

• Like 1