Menu

Do you know what bug this is?

lilbean05

Found this sucker on my stairs hallway/wall far away from anything...like anything..bathrooms, windows, openings in walls, vents, etc.  It's a mystery!  Do you know what it is?  Hoping hoping hoping it isn't a cockroach...we haven't had problems before but if it is one I guess we might need to look into it more..eek!

post-9705-0-19288500-1429815930_thumb.jpg

It could be some type of roach but not the kind that lives in the house .  I'd also say it's the juvenile stage and you might want to look at the nymph(?) stage.  I wouldn't worry too much if this is the only one you've found.

When we lived in FL there were millions of roaches, EVERYWHERE.  None lived in the house but a few found their way in every so often, down there they called them Palmetto Bugs.  I'd take pictures to send back home, otherwise no one would have believed how big those things were. We'd smack them then try to use them as bait to get the little lizards to leave the house (always get these cute babies that'd come in and die). 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the responses!  I am actually in Florida :)  Northwest Florida and there are SO many bugs here that I have never seen before.  We moved here last summer and it is astounding the variety of critters that crawl and fly around here!  :)  From the side, it is very flat with legs sticking out...not a whole lot to him.  

• Like 1