Menu

Testing today......

Sdel

So, DH is taking my adult stepson to get his psych testing done today.  Just a bit nervous....

I'm not sure we'll ever get a full account of the results....but months ago after a major issue, one of his regular psychs (after DH filled her in on some things my stepson didn't mention) said she wouldn't be surprised if he came back just a shade on the autistic spectrum.  I wouldn't be surprise either....he has two cousins with autism.

When DH goes to work I'm going to have him pull a list of docs off insurance to cross reference for DD's testing.  She's probably the most like her brother.  I have a place I think I want to go though, I just want to see if insurance accepts them.

Stefanie

Ugh....testing didn't happen at all.  They got told "no, it somewhere else" at least 3 times and when they finally got to the right spot, were told that his appointment was days ago and they had him down as a no call, no show.  When they researched the call about the appointment change the person said, "yeah, he said he was asleep and to call back later".....and they just didn't.....marked it down and called it done even though their patient didn't get the message.

*ugh*  I half expected something like this....the important things always go down this way with DH's kids....

6 months waiting for this down the drain.  Who knows how long it'll take to get an appointment elsewhere.

Stefanie

We decided to go elsewhere.  Found someone who will do the tests and then we can take the results back to the psych.  They got us an appointment within 2 weeks.   We are thinking of taking my daughter and then just taking her results to a psych.  Worst case scenario, she says she'll do the tests needed to for the schools to provide accommodations and we'll take the results to the school district and get an eval through them.

Stefanie