Menu

Loe Essentials vs AAS

cindydanleo

We are going to follow the Mother Of Divine Grace syllabus for 3rd grade. They recommend WRTR or Sound Beginnings. I would rather go a different route and use either LOE Essentials or AAS. My eyes are blurry from looking a samples and reading older reviews. This will be for my reluctant learner. He is almost 9 years old and can't spell much more than CVC words. Reading is probably a 2nd grade reading level.

Can any one who has used both give me the pros and cons of each? Which did you prefer? Thank you so much!!

I love LoE Essentials, but I wouldn't use it for a reluctant student. It is a stretch for my academic second grader, especially with the grammar. We do skip most of the games, but I'd actually suggest Foundations B and C for him if he isn't much past CVC words. He'd breeze right through it and gain much confidence.

If that is too babyish and he is capable of producing dictated sentences and writing out spelling words, try Essentials. But AAS would probably be a better fit.