Menu

Exercise Thread ~ April 12 - April 18

Negin

Forgot to post yesterday's workout & late to the party today!

Yesterday I did Jessica Smith walking dvd & hard to say this but-I hates it! Maybe bc I wasn't back to 100% after virus but I thought it was boring & I just had to make myself finish it.

Today I did her Fit in 15 Total Body Sculpt & really liked it. I liked using hand weights!

Hoping I can finish out the series & find something more suited to my tastes.

• Like 6

I made it to yoga today and it went better than expected. I took it slow but I was able to do more than I thought, did mostly ok, could tell my strength and endurance wasn't as good but I didn't do too bad.  New yoga teacher let me know my old yoga teacher has a class through the college, just signed up for that but wouldn't you know it the next class is tonight, not sure if I can swing that with dh's schedule- he's dying to get into the beehives and mow tonight, we'll see. It is Mon and Thursday. Mil has been watching the kids for classes on Tues or Thurs and dh is watching on Wednesday, I could possibly do 4 days a week. Told new teacher that I'd like to be try the advanced class, being optimistic that I'm on the mend but mindful of taking it slow. Of course I'm trying to plan a b-day party for Friday as well, so I'm a little busy but trying not to spaz about the house.

• Like 7

4 easy miles today. I'm enjoying my last ice cream this week as I've been gorging on it all week to soothe my sore throat. Tomorrow is a rest / clean eating day and hopefully Saturday will be all about kicking, backbends and handstands again.

• Like 5

Went to my pm class and it was wonderful catching up with my old teacher, this class was more restorative so that was good for me. My ashtanga teacher will be good to push my physically while my Iyengar teacher will be great to help me be more mindful of my body and step up my meditative and restorative practice, very pleased to have the option for both, I went from nothing to as much as I want to do. Heard back from Ashtanga teacher that I should be good to go for the advanced class but no time line on when it is opening, my body could use a few weeks to get back where I was so I'm fine with whenever it happens, if it opens now I'll just have to check my ego and not push too hard, I'm excited to be on the mend again however and see what advances I can make in my physical practice with her.

• Like 7

Half-hour walk in the sunshine during my lunch break.  

After work, I went to my new (possible second regular weekly) yoga class.  It was good - same teacher but a shorter class.  Less relaxing but good work.  My Fitbit registered twenty minutes of cardio during it, so I must be doing something!  The age disparity is even more extreme, as it's held in the university sports centre: I'm probably three times the age of the youngest participant and three decades older than the average.  Un-yogic thought alert: I wiped the floor with quite a few of them.  The perils of yoga in a dance studio: the mirror makes it much easier to be distracted by comparison.

Anyway.  Did some weeding after supper, then walked the dog late at night.  It will be around 13,000 steps by bedtime.

• Like 6

******hit my three mile goal today!!*******

I'm ready for the race a week early, yeah!  But my hips hurt so bad...  I stretched twice as long so I'm hoping after resting that the soreness goes away.  Nothing else is sore ...my legs feel great.  Just my hips.  :/ 

• Like 8

Rebounding & hoping to do some Leslie walking. I may need to scatter the miles around throughout the day, since I have to take my daughter to the hairdresser. I'll just do as many miles as I can and if I have time, I'll post later. 

• Like 5

I'm ready for the race a week early, yeah!  But my hips hurt so bad...  I stretched twice as long so I'm hoping after resting that the soreness goes away.  Nothing else is sore ...my legs feel great.  Just my hips.  :/ 

There is a free 20 minute yoga video designed for runners.  Take a look and see if anything there helps.  It's worth a shot.

• Like 4

I WO yesterday but nursed around the injured arm.   I also did sprints.    Still going to MA continuously, but couching around the arm.       I've done no skillwork relating to my goals in almost 3 weeks and I'm trying not to be sad about it.    Really.   A few weeks or even a couple of months is nothing in the grand scheme of things.  Right?

• Like 6

Free form blue-sy capoiera to songs like this this morning :001_cool: 

Did backbends and handstands as planned.  I'm collapsing walking my legs around from a bridge which is new.  Someone remind me next week to start learning my new sequencias as I've stalled for a month now.

• Like 3

Uff Da, Digging the music and feeling quite relaxed.

Got an extra 2 mile walk in under the stars last night with dh.

2 hours of open mat this morning. Followed by long slow run. Good thing because I fell into a vat of chocolate and junk food this week celebrating birthdays.  I baked almond pastry claws this morning as a farewell to sweets and I hope I can still grapple...   

Good for you Snickerdoodle- we can cradle our bad arms in distant unison.

• Like 6

Today I'll just do some gardening and yardwork, basic cleaning up and preparing to plant. Dh is building the last of the raised beds for me this weekend, so I'll be able to order another delivery of soil mix for next week :)

Doing things is so much easier with a hurt, non-dominant arm. Living with a frozen right shoulder for a year (and then rehabbing it) was awful.

:grouphug: for all the soreness and pain!

• Like 4

Not sure my plans for today, yesterday I just managed Mutu, otherwise I was busy cleaning house for dd# 1's b-day party, I love having a super clean house! I made it through the day without a nap too, although I did rest for awhile. Trying to get the motivation and energy here to workout this am, not sure if I can muster it, mornings haven't been the best for me. Hopefully if nothing else we can get a short family walk +mutu. I want to get back to 1hr exercise a day as it helps my glucose levels but I'm not quite there yet.

2 hours of open mat this morning. Followed by long slow run. Good thing because I fell into a vat of chocolate and junk food this week celebrating birthdays.  I baked almond pastry claws this morning as a farewell to sweets and I hope I can still grapple...   

Enjoy your pastries and your run :)

lking my legs around from a bridge which is new.  Someone remind me next week to start learning my new sequencias as I've stalled for a month now.

Is collapsing bad or good? Seems it would be bad but what do I know.

I've done no skillwork relating to my goals in almost 3 weeks and I'm trying not to be sad about it.    Really.   A few weeks or even a couple of months is nothing in the grand scheme of things.  Right?

I hear ya, I'm trying to decide if I need to re-calibrate my goals, I'm hoping that things line out sooner rather than later but we've got to take care of ourselves first. 

I'm ready for the race a week early, yeah!  But my hips hurt so bad... 

Ya, for making goals and ahead of schedule! I hope you find something to help you out with your hips.

90 mins of hot yoga on Thursday.  Today I ran 3 miles followed by 25 mins of yoga, doing my own thing.

Soror, I'm glad you're improving, and the opportunity you have with yoga sounds great. 

Yes, improving bit by bit and I'm excited about the yoga too. No hot yoga here but I'm probably not up for that now, although I'd like to try it sometime.

So who is "it" now that redsquirrel has passed off the sick bug????

:lol:

NO ONE, were done with sickness!!!

• Like 4

Angola or Regional?

Regional. It's always a Regional but I'm acting more like an Angola player the older I get- I'm getting slower and lower to the ground all the time.

The collapsing is bad Soror. It's like I'm having trouble rotating my hips or something. It'll work its way out eventually.

• Like 1

Beautiful day here.  I went for a lovely 5 mile run.  The run felt good.  I didn't feel sick (my stomach has been a real pain), and I felt like I could keep going.  I felt relaxed the entire time.  The park looks pretty, and there were lots of people out in the nice weather.  I came home and did about 45 minutes of yoga, which also felt great; standing poses, seated, hip stretches and lots of backbending work. 

I plan to take it easy today.  While it would have been great to go hiking today, I think I'm glad we're home.  I need to catch up on some laundry as well as do some cleaning in this house.  The dust is getting too thick, even for me. :D

• Like 4

Beautiful day here. I went for a lovely 5 mile run. The run felt good. I didn't feel sick (my stomach has been a real pain), and I felt like I could keep going. I felt relaxed the entire time. The park looks pretty, and there were lots of people out in the nice weather. I came home and did about 45 minutes of yoga, which also felt great; standing poses, seated

, hip stretches and lots of backbending work.

I plan to take it easy today. While it would have been great to go hiking today, I think I'm glad we're home. I need to catch up on some laundry as well as do some cleaning in this house. The dust is getting too thick, even for me. :D

I am trying to figure out what part of running 5 miles followed by yoga and housework qualifies as taking it easy.

Grappling was awesome. I was completely soaked through with sweat by the end and my body feels like jelly.

• Like 4

Mulched the largest (and most complicated) bed today.  17,500 steps without leaving the garden/yard.  It took about six hours, but I went fairly slowly so that I could keep going.  At least the compost is light - the soil mix that Luckymama is using will be much heavier.

• Like 3

I am trying to figure out what part of running 5 miles followed by yoga and housework qualifies as taking it easy.

Grappling was awesome. I was completely soaked through with sweat by the end and my body feels like jelly.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing, I mean I know I'm not feeling super spunky these days but it doesn't sound like a slacker day by any means :)

Woot on grappling, its not my thing but I can see how others would enjoy it :)

I managed a 35 min session of Yoga25/Mutu10, took dd b-day shopping today and that was enough of a workout, goodness! Tonight I'm totally vegging and watching movies, after prepping all week for a bday party, being busy with that until almost 9 and then out most of today I'm in need of rest!

• Like 4