Menu

Laminator sugggestions

I've seen that alot of you recommend purchasing a laminator. I can think of many uses in our own homeschool, so I would like to get one. A quick search of the boards, and I only came across one or two brand names, but no real reviews/recommendations.  Anything you can share about which ones you like and why would be helpful.

I am mostly concerned about ease of use, cost (both initial and refills) and durability. If there are other "features" that set one apart in your mind, please share!!

Thanks in advance!

I got this one from Walmart for $20 after seeing a bunch of homeschoolers recommend it somewhere online.  I think someone said it goes on sale on Amazon, too, but right now it looks to be more money on there, and when I bought it the price was the same in the store or on Amazon.  So far I've found it to be easy to use and reliable.  Refills can be purchased in generic on Amazon or at a bulk store like Costco or Sam's, though even if you get them from an office supply store the price isn't the end of the world.

Add me to the Scotch group, though I wish I had a wider laminator sometimes. I use the Apache brands pouches from Amazon and have found they work very nicely for the price. I do keep some Scotch pouches in hand when I want it to be completely flat and unwarped, as the Apache can get slightly wavy sometimes, but nobody would notice but me ;)

Definitely the Scotch one. I have had mine for 9 years and it still works well. I buy pouches at Sam's Club, about $20 for 200 of them. (The pouches also work well as over lays on workbook pages you may want to be able to repeat, we use sharpie on them then use rubbing alcohol to clean it off. I simply slip them over the page then slip them off when they are done.)