Menu

Grammar curriculum advice needed Grade 7

Guest ggzubrod

Guest ggzubrod

I am looking for advice on a Grammar curriculum for my daughter in 7th grade next year.  She has completed Shurley Grammar 6.  We already have a good writing program and a source for Vocabulary, so this would mainly be grammar, and ideally would include diagraming.  

What suggestions do you have?  Thanks.

We will continue using the newly revised Fix-It Grammar by IEW along with Latin.  Dd used the first book this year and enjoyed it.  It's short and simple, but complete. The concepts built upon each other quickly and taught her a great deal.  There are six books in total and each builds upon the other in difficulty with a short review of previous concepts in the beginning of each successive book.

My teens used and were successful with Rod and Staff English 7 for 7th grade. My rising 7th grader has asked for a change. Since he very rarely complains about curricula, I'm planning on using Analytical Grammar for him instead. Both include diagramming and solid instruction.