Menu

Great resources on marine life (esp. jellyfish) for 7/8 year old?

pehp

My son is obsessed with jellies.  He has read every book in the library on them, tried to watch a Nat'l Geographic video (why do they make them so dramatic?! he got scared :)), and draws them constantly. His newest thing is that he's making index cards w/ detailed local jellies on each one--and he'll write facts on the back--so that we can use them when we go to the beach in June. :) 

I would love some fresh resources on jellyfish and, more broadly, marine life to give to him as we prepare for our beach trip.  but especially jellies. In my fantasy world, Rebecca Rupp would have made a comprehensive list on her blog, but no dice.  So, I'm asking the Hive. 

Thanks!

Is that the same as "Swimming Creatures of the Sixth Day"? I took a look at a friend's and did like the photos etc. I do shy away from the YE resources, but do not have to avoid them entirely, and I am very open to the conversations it could trigger. (My son and I had a great, interesting discussion after his teenage babysitter told him that dinosaurs and humans lived contemporaneously!!!)

Actually it is Swimming Creatures of the 5th day. :)

We aren't YE but I found the material well done. We either skipped the YE references or just added them to the discussion. The projects and the conversational tone were enjoyable for both kids. They also liked some of the notebooking activities. We added you tube videos.

• Like 1