Menu

Yay! My books are published!

jenn&charles

Congratulations! I have to say when I saw the title I had to laugh a little. Books on this forum can have so many meanings. Hehe!

I thought the same thing! This could've been a thread about being a centerfold...or I suppose a photo in a pamphlet for a plastic surgeon.

:)

• Like 1

Congrats, Jenn! I can't wait to see more! Do you have plans for writing any more?

Also, I have to say that I really appreciated your American History curriculum plan as I was piecing ours together!

I'd like to write more. I'm hoping this is the first in a series. I want to start out with science books and then branch out into other topics at some point. However, my success with this set will determine if I am able to devote that kind of time to future books. It's a full time job and if it doesn't at least show a glimmer of promise, I might have to go another direction. This is where my heart is though, so we'll see!

It was a really fun process and I learned a LOT about drawing/painting/illustrating as well as the publishing process. I'm excited to get started on a 2nd book but am going to take a few weeks off to do some training at Lynda.com for Photoshop, etc. and wrap up this homeschool year with my son.

I want to do the training at Lynda.com beacuse I know that I was doing things the hard way sometimes (digital painting, etc.) just because I didn't know the quick and easy way of getting ideas out of my head onto my digital canvases... I'm also waiting for my Cintiq (digital drawing tablet) to get back from warranty repair, so I can't do much yet anyway!

I THINK the next book will be about plants and mushrooms. Same characters and all that. I will make an activity book to go with it too...That is, if it all works out. :-) 

Thanks for the compliment about the American history. I love doing all of this kind of stuff!!

Yay! Thanks for the wtm shout out!

I'm happy to include that! All of you have been such an encouragement to me over the years and so immediately helpful when I needed to figure out little nitpicky things about the book cover and fonts, etc. So thanks to all of you!!

• Like 1